Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Side-by-side error when trying to run a game.

31 Dec 2011   #11
itkeman

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by writhziden View Post
Take a look at Resolve Partial Assembly failed for Microsoft.VC80.DebugCRT and see if any of the suggestions Ted gives work for you.
I went to "\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\" but there's no folder named "redist" there. :O


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
31 Dec 2011   #12
writhziden

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
 
 

See if you can find DebugMFC:
1. Click Start Menu
2. Click All Programs
3. Click Accessories
4. Click command prompt
5. Type in "dir /s *DebugMFC*" (without quotes) and hit enter

Let it search and see if it finds anything. It should tell you the directory it is in if it does find it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Dec 2011   #13
itkeman

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by writhziden View Post
See if you can find DebugMFC:
1. Click Start Menu
2. Click All Programs
3. Click Accessories
4. Click command prompt
5. Type in "dir /s *DebugMFC*" (without quotes) and hit enter

Let it search and see if it finds anything. It should tell you the directory it is in if it does find it.
didn't find anything.. here's the full output:

Quote:
C:\Users\MAROM>dir /s *DebugMFC*
Volume in drive C has no label.
Volume Serial Number is C8F5-BA69
File Not Found
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

31 Dec 2011   #14
writhziden

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by itkeman View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by writhziden View Post
See if you can find DebugMFC:
1. Click Start Menu
2. Click All Programs
3. Click Accessories
4. Click command prompt
5. Type in "dir /s *DebugMFC*" (without quotes) and hit enter

Let it search and see if it finds anything. It should tell you the directory it is in if it does find it.
didn't find anything.. here's the full output:

Quote:
C:\Users\MAROM>dir /s *DebugMFC*
Volume in drive C has no label.
Volume Serial Number is C8F5-BA69
File Not Found
Yeah, I'm afraid you might need the full version of Visual Studio 2005 to run your program.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Dec 2011   #15
itkeman

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by writhziden View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by itkeman View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by writhziden View Post
See if you can find DebugMFC:
1. Click Start Menu
2. Click All Programs
3. Click Accessories
4. Click command prompt
5. Type in "dir /s *DebugMFC*" (without quotes) and hit enter

Let it search and see if it finds anything. It should tell you the directory it is in if it does find it.
didn't find anything.. here's the full output:

Quote:
C:\Users\MAROM>dir /s *DebugMFC*
Volume in drive C has no label.
Volume Serial Number is C8F5-BA69
File Not Found
Yeah, I'm afraid you might need the full version of Visual Studio 2005 to run your program.
oh, I see.. it's okay, I know someone who has it, I can run it on his computer. thank you very much for your help!!!!!!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Dec 2011   #16
writhziden

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by itkeman View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by writhziden View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by itkeman View Post

didn't find anything.. here's the full output:
Yeah, I'm afraid you might need the full version of Visual Studio 2005 to run your program.
oh, I see.. it's okay, I know someone who has it, I can run it on his computer. thank you very much for your help!!!!!!
No problem. If you can get it working on another computer, see if you can copy the folders you need for your computer. Best wishes!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Dec 2011   #17
writhziden

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
 
 

Realized I made a mistake in the following (sorry, I'm helping a lot of people on here and trying to finish up a 70-80 page report for my Ph.D. at the moment, so I'm stretched a little thin):

See if you can find DebugMFC:
1. Click Start Menu
2. Click All Programs
3. Click Accessories
4. Click command prompt
4.1. Type "cd .." (without quotes)
4.2. Type "cd .." (without quotes)
5. Type in "dir /s *DebugMFC*" (without quotes) and hit enter

Let it search and see if it finds anything. It should tell you the directory it is in if it does find it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Dec 2011   #18
itkeman

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by writhziden View Post
Realized I made a mistake in the following (sorry, I'm helping a lot of people on here and trying to finish up a 70-80 page report for my Ph.D. at the moment, so I'm stretched a little thin):

See if you can find DebugMFC:
1. Click Start Menu
2. Click All Programs
3. Click Accessories
4. Click command prompt
4.1. Type "cd .." (without quotes)
4.2. Type "cd .." (without quotes)
5. Type in "dir /s *DebugMFC*" (without quotes) and hit enter

Let it search and see if it finds anything. It should tell you the directory it is in if it does find it.
I ended up getting the installation CD from my friend and installing it on my computer. the application now runs without errors, thank you!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Jan 2012   #19
writhziden

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by itkeman View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by writhziden View Post
Realized I made a mistake in the following (sorry, I'm helping a lot of people on here and trying to finish up a 70-80 page report for my Ph.D. at the moment, so I'm stretched a little thin):

See if you can find DebugMFC:
1. Click Start Menu
2. Click All Programs
3. Click Accessories
4. Click command prompt
4.1. Type "cd .." (without quotes)
4.2. Type "cd .." (without quotes)
5. Type in "dir /s *DebugMFC*" (without quotes) and hit enter

Let it search and see if it finds anything. It should tell you the directory it is in if it does find it.
I ended up getting the installation CD from my friend and installing it on my computer. the application now runs without errors, thank you!
Glad I was able to help direct you to a solution with the help of your friend. Enjoy your program, and Happy New Year!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Side-by-side error when trying to run a game.




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Mortal Kombat Error : Side by side configuration is incorect
So i've installed Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition and it worked! after having some problems with my computer I've reinstalled windows 7 x64 and I've installed again Mortal Kombat . No problems with the installation but when i try to run it it is giving me this error : This application has failed to...
Gaming
Side by side error stopping all 32bit apps and many window's fucctions
Hi all, I wounder if some can help me please I have an error message coming up on all 32bit application that says “the application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect.” I have done a lot of searching and found that most say I have to uninstall Visual C++ then...
General Discussion
Heavy Fire Afghanistan Side by Side Configuration error on install
I just recently re installed win 7 home. Now i am getting that error when trying to installing the game off the disk.
Gaming
Side by side configuration error when trying to install itunes
Hi everyone, I am really new and not technically savvy like most of you seem to be! I actually tried upgrading my iphone and that lead to having to upgrade itunes and that returned a side by side configuration error which I have spent hours trying to google and resolve - with no success. If...
BSOD Help and Support
Side by side configuration incorrect...? Error stopping 95% of .exe
HI all, :) Well my low post count is going to get a bit bigger. :( On my desktop this morning I received this error, The application has failed to start because its side by side configuration is incorrect..... Spent lots of time googleing and have done disc checks, start-up repair...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:25.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App