Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: BSOD causing repetitive windows failure

31 Dec 2011   #1
Abdomoteawa

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 
BSOD causing repetitive windows failure

Hi guyz, My laptop, since a few monthes has been having BSOD crashes repeatidly. I have tried and installed windows many times, and after each install, it would run properly for 3 weeks, then blue screens start to appear. Eventually i recieve BSOD errors and their rate of appearence increases with time, untill windows completely fails to start and crashes just when the microsoft logo appears. I then install a new windows, and the problem repeats itself. I have tried to look for online help, but i find that each forum\site gives a different reason. This time bluescreens have started to appear and just as i log into windows, a BSOD appears, so i had no solution other than copying the minidump files and generating a report (see attachments), although i know it wouldn't be as accurate.

Info (failing windows): 7 Proffesional 64 bit, Toshiba E205.
Note: The drivers of devices in that windows were all installed. I ran a memory diagnostics test and therefore i don;t suspect faulty ram to be the reason.


Can u please help me?Iam in deep trouble


My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Dec 2011   #2
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Abdomoteawa View Post
Hi guyz, My laptop, since a few monthes has been having BSOD crashes repeatidly. I have tried and installed windows many times, and after each install, it would run properly for 3 weeks, then blue screens start to appear. Eventually i recieve BSOD errors and their rate of appearence increases with time, untill windows completely fails to start and crashes just when the microsoft logo appears. I then install a new windows, and the problem repeats itself. I have tried to look for online help, but i find that each forum\site gives a different reason. This time bluescreens have started to appear and just as i log into windows, a BSOD appears, so i had no solution other than copying the minidump files and generating a report (see attachments), although i know it wouldn't be as accurate.

Info (failing windows): 7 Proffesional 64 bit, Toshiba E205.
Note: The drivers of devices in that windows were all installed. I ran a memory diagnostics test and therefore i don;t suspect faulty ram to be the reason.


Can u please help me?Iam in deep trouble
These most recent one was releated to your NETw5s64.sys driver (network)

Your is from 2009 and needs to e re-installed using newest available.



How To Find Drivers:
Quote:
- search Google for the name of the driver
- compare the Google results with what's installed on your system to figure out which device/program it belongs to
- visit the web site of the manufacturer of the hardware/program to get the latest drivers (DON'T use Windows Update or the Update driver function of Device Manager).
- if there are difficulties in locating them, post back with questions and someone will try and help you locate the appropriate program.
- - The most common drivers are listed on this page: Driver Reference Driver Reference
- - Driver manufacturer links are on this page: Drivers and Downloads
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Dec 2011   #3
Abdomoteawa

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Thank u sir, but just a short question pls, is that the only reason or there any others?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Dec 2011   #4
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Abdomoteawa View Post
Thank u sir, but just a short question pls, is that the only reason or there any others?
There are 5 total.

First is your network driver
second is Related to avchv.sys AntiVirus Active Virus Control Hypervisor driver from BitDefender
Third-5th relate to the above.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Jan 2012   #5
Abdomoteawa

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 
No change

I used a driver updater that came with my laptop and updated my network driver. I unistalled bitdefender, but still bluescreens appeared at a high rate. When I used a program called BluescreenView that shows the drivers responsible for the issue, there were drivers like fltmgr.sys,igdkmd64.sys,cdrom.sys,and nostly they were ntoskrnl.exe. It was amazing that i found the crash address for all of them as ntoskrnl.exe+705c0. Can that be the issue?
Note: My system dates go like this: 2009-2011-2008. All these bluescreens happened within the last month but i have repeatdly changed my system dates.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Jan 2012   #6
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Abdomoteawa View Post
I used a driver updater that came with my laptop and updated my network driver. I unistalled bitdefender, but still bluescreens appeared at a high rate. When I used a program called BluescreenView that shows the drivers responsible for the issue, there were drivers like fltmgr.sys,igdkmd64.sys,cdrom.sys,and nostly they were ntoskrnl.exe. It was amazing that i found the crash address for all of them as ntoskrnl.exe+705c0. Can that be the issue?
Note: My system dates go like this: 2009-2011-2008. All these bluescreens happened within the last month but i have repeatdly changed my system dates.



We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

If you are overclocking STOP

You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:
Quote:
* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:
Quote:
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Jan 2012   #7
Abdomoteawa

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Pls. see the attached dmp files. Remember the sequence of time:2009-2011-2008. Thank u.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Jan 2012   #8
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Abdomoteawa View Post
Pls. see the attached dmp files. Remember the sequence of time:2009-2011-2008. Thank u.

The only DP from this year is inconclusive.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BSOD causing repetitive windows failure




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: BSOD causing repetitive windows failure
Thread Forum
BlueScreen causing repetitive crashes BSOD Help and Support
Repetitive Windows updates Windows Updates & Activation
Repetitive BSoD BSOD Help and Support
ntoskrnl.exe causing BSOD Windows 7 BSOD Help and Support

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:02 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App