Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Locale ID: 2057 When Booting Games ?

01 Jan 2012   #1
Tom123

Windows 7 Ultimate X64
 
 
Locale ID: 2057 When Booting Games ?

So this happens every time i try to boot a game, the screen goes black and the system crashes. I think this may be caused by the GTX 460 that i just got. But most of the time the card boots works and plays games fantastically. Just sometimes out of nowhere the game will run but as soon as the game has to be rendered the computer bluescreen's but i dont see this because of the monitor saying that it has lost connection.

Things i have tried so far.

Installing windows from fresh.
The latest BIOS for my motherboard
Latest Drivers for my graphics card
Updating the games

System:
Windows 7 Ultimate X64
AM3 PHENOM II X4 850 @ 3.3GHz
SEAGATE 500GB SATAIII 16MB 6GBS
ASUS M4N68T-M V2 AM3 630A
KINGSTON 4GB DDR3 1333MHz
WINPOWER 700W
GIGABYTE NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 460 1GB GDDR5 OC EDITION


Code:
Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:	BlueScreen
  OS Version:	6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
  Locale ID:	2057

Additional information about the problem:
  BCCode:	116
  BCP1:	FFFFFA8006B661F0
  BCP2:	FFFFF88010AE8AE4
  BCP3:	FFFFFFFFC000009A
  BCP4:	0000000000000004
  OS Version:	6_1_7600
  Service Pack:	0_0
  Product:	256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
  C:\Windows\Minidump\010112-17082-02.dmp
  C:\Users\Tom\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-41199-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt
Thanks For Your Time

Tom123


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
01 Jan 2012   #2
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Tom123 View Post
So this happens every time i try to boot a game, the screen goes black and the system crashes. I think this may be caused by the GTX 460 that i just got. But most of the time the card boots works and plays games fantastically. Just sometimes out of nowhere the game will run but as soon as the game has to be rendered the computer bluescreen's but i dont see this because of the monitor saying that it has lost connection.

Things i have tried so far.

Installing windows from fresh.
The latest BIOS for my motherboard
Latest Drivers for my graphics card
Updating the games

System:
Windows 7 Ultimate X64
AM3 PHENOM II X4 850 @ 3.3GHz
SEAGATE 500GB SATAIII 16MB 6GBS
ASUS M4N68T-M V2 AM3 630A
KINGSTON 4GB DDR3 1333MHz
WINPOWER 700W
GIGABYTE NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 460 1GB GDDR5 OC EDITION


Code:
Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    BlueScreen
  OS Version:    6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
  Locale ID:    2057

Additional information about the problem:
  BCCode:    116
  BCP1:    FFFFFA8006B661F0
  BCP2:    FFFFF88010AE8AE4
  BCP3:    FFFFFFFFC000009A
  BCP4:    0000000000000004
  OS Version:    6_1_7600
  Service Pack:    0_0
  Product:    256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
  C:\Windows\Minidump\010112-17082-02.dmp
  C:\Users\Tom\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-41199-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt
Thanks For Your Time

Tom123




Quote:
"It's not a true crash, in the sense that the bluescreen was initiated only because the combination of video driver and video hardware was being unresponsive, and not because of any synchronous processing exception".

Since Vista, the "Timeout Detection and Recovery" (TDR) components of the OS video subsystem have been capable of doing some truly impressive things to try to recover from issues which would have caused earlier OSs like XP to crash.

As a last resort, the TDR subsystem sends the video driver a "please restart yourself now!" command and waits a few seconds.

If there's no response, the OS concludes that the video driver/hardware combo has truly collapsed in a heap, and it fires off that stop 0x116 BSOD.

If playing with video driver versions hasn't helped, make sure the box is not overheating.

Try removing a side panel and aiming a big mains fan straight at the motherboard and GPU.

Run it like that for a few hours or days - long enough to ascertain whether cooler temperatures make a difference.

If so, it might be as simple as dust buildup and subsequently inadequate cooling.

I would download cpu-z and gpu-z (both free) and keep an eye on the video temps Let us know if you need help
STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Jan 2012   #3
Tom123

Windows 7 Ultimate X64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Tom123 View Post
So this happens every time i try to boot a game, the screen goes black and the system crashes. I think this may be caused by the GTX 460 that i just got. But most of the time the card boots works and plays games fantastically. Just sometimes out of nowhere the game will run but as soon as the game has to be rendered the computer bluescreen's but i dont see this because of the monitor saying that it has lost connection.

Things i have tried so far.

Installing windows from fresh.
The latest BIOS for my motherboard
Latest Drivers for my graphics card
Updating the games

System:
Windows 7 Ultimate X64
AM3 PHENOM II X4 850 @ 3.3GHz
SEAGATE 500GB SATAIII 16MB 6GBS
ASUS M4N68T-M V2 AM3 630A
KINGSTON 4GB DDR3 1333MHz
WINPOWER 700W
GIGABYTE NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 460 1GB GDDR5 OC EDITION


Code:
Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    BlueScreen
  OS Version:    6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
  Locale ID:    2057

Additional information about the problem:
  BCCode:    116
  BCP1:    FFFFFA8006B661F0
  BCP2:    FFFFF88010AE8AE4
  BCP3:    FFFFFFFFC000009A
  BCP4:    0000000000000004
  OS Version:    6_1_7600
  Service Pack:    0_0
  Product:    256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
  C:\Windows\Minidump\010112-17082-02.dmp
  C:\Users\Tom\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-41199-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt
Thanks For Your Time

Tom123




Quote:
"It's not a true crash, in the sense that the bluescreen was initiated only because the combination of video driver and video hardware was being unresponsive, and not because of any synchronous processing exception".

Since Vista, the "Timeout Detection and Recovery" (TDR) components of the OS video subsystem have been capable of doing some truly impressive things to try to recover from issues which would have caused earlier OSs like XP to crash.

As a last resort, the TDR subsystem sends the video driver a "please restart yourself now!" command and waits a few seconds.

If there's no response, the OS concludes that the video driver/hardware combo has truly collapsed in a heap, and it fires off that stop 0x116 BSOD.

If playing with video driver versions hasn't helped, make sure the box is not overheating.

Try removing a side panel and aiming a big mains fan straight at the motherboard and GPU.

Run it like that for a few hours or days - long enough to ascertain whether cooler temperatures make a difference.

If so, it might be as simple as dust buildup and subsequently inadequate cooling.

I would download cpu-z and gpu-z (both free) and keep an eye on the video temps Let us know if you need help
STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting
Temps are not a problem i have 3 120 fans blowing strait at the graphics card, i have kept an eye on it and the highest it ever got is 61, and that was maxed out for over 2 hours. Im realy stumped and i dont want to have to send my christmas present back. Is there anything else i could do
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

01 Jan 2012   #4
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Tom123 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Tom123 View Post
So this happens every time i try to boot a game, the screen goes black and the system crashes. I think this may be caused by the GTX 460 that i just got. But most of the time the card boots works and plays games fantastically. Just sometimes out of nowhere the game will run but as soon as the game has to be rendered the computer bluescreen's but i dont see this because of the monitor saying that it has lost connection.

Things i have tried so far.

Installing windows from fresh.
The latest BIOS for my motherboard
Latest Drivers for my graphics card
Updating the games

System:
Windows 7 Ultimate X64
AM3 PHENOM II X4 850 @ 3.3GHz
SEAGATE 500GB SATAIII 16MB 6GBS
ASUS M4N68T-M V2 AM3 630A
KINGSTON 4GB DDR3 1333MHz
WINPOWER 700W
GIGABYTE NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 460 1GB GDDR5 OC EDITION


Code:
Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    BlueScreen
  OS Version:    6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
  Locale ID:    2057

Additional information about the problem:
  BCCode:    116
  BCP1:    FFFFFA8006B661F0
  BCP2:    FFFFF88010AE8AE4
  BCP3:    FFFFFFFFC000009A
  BCP4:    0000000000000004
  OS Version:    6_1_7600
  Service Pack:    0_0
  Product:    256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
  C:\Windows\Minidump\010112-17082-02.dmp
  C:\Users\Tom\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-41199-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt
Thanks For Your Time

Tom123




Quote:
"It's not a true crash, in the sense that the bluescreen was initiated only because the combination of video driver and video hardware was being unresponsive, and not because of any synchronous processing exception".

Since Vista, the "Timeout Detection and Recovery" (TDR) components of the OS video subsystem have been capable of doing some truly impressive things to try to recover from issues which would have caused earlier OSs like XP to crash.

As a last resort, the TDR subsystem sends the video driver a "please restart yourself now!" command and waits a few seconds.

If there's no response, the OS concludes that the video driver/hardware combo has truly collapsed in a heap, and it fires off that stop 0x116 BSOD.

If playing with video driver versions hasn't helped, make sure the box is not overheating.

Try removing a side panel and aiming a big mains fan straight at the motherboard and GPU.

Run it like that for a few hours or days - long enough to ascertain whether cooler temperatures make a difference.

If so, it might be as simple as dust buildup and subsequently inadequate cooling.

I would download cpu-z and gpu-z (both free) and keep an eye on the video temps Let us know if you need help
STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting
Temps are not a problem i have 3 120 fans blowing strait at the graphics card, i have kept an eye on it and the highest it ever got is 61, and that was maxed out for over 2 hours. Im realy stumped and i dont want to have to send my christmas present back. Is there anything else i could do
Can be power, heat, dust, the video ram, or card itself.

Were it me, I would call the mfr.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Locale ID: 2057 When Booting Games ?




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
BSOD while playing games Locale ID 2057.
Hi can anyone help me? During gameplay (any game) I often have the screen go blank (or sometimes striped grey lines) for a few seconds then the computer restarts and when I boot back into windows I get the unexpected shut-down error BSOD (even though I don't actually get a blue screen) Locale ID...
BSOD Help and Support
Locale ID: 2057
Hey guys, Frequently I get a BSOD and my Aspire One shuts down. After booting again when the error message comes up, this is what it says:- What do you think guys? What could be the problem? Thanks, 803
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD Locale ID: 2057
Hi, my Dell 1558 continues to crash with Locale ID: 2057, sometimes it crashes with a black screen and the speakers make a rumbling sound then restarts, othertimes its a black screen and multi-coloured lines, and now its crashing when I log into windows! So i'm now writing this in safe mode. I've...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD's - Locale ID 2057
Hi BSOD's from this morning anywhere between 30 secs to 5 mins using the computer. Win 7 Ultimate Home i5 520 @ 2.40ghz 8gb ram Problem signature: Problem Event Name: BlueScreen OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
BSOD Help and Support
BlueScreen Locale ID 2057
Hey guys I really need some help here, My dads pc has recently been getting the blue screen of death, heres the advance details on the error:- Problem signature: Problem Event Name: BlueScreen OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1 Locale ID: 2057 Additional information about the problem:...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD Locale ID: 2057
Hello, recently I have been getting the BSOD practically everytime I start up my Laptop (Acer Extensa 5620). I was therefore wondering whether anyone could provide any guidance, I have attached two of the .dmp files in zip format and the problem reports are here: Problem signature: Problem...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:20.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App