Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Multiple freezes after startup with no BSOD

04 Jan 2012   #1
subzerolord

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 
Multiple freezes after startup with no BSOD

Hi, my computer keeps freezing after 5-10mins of usage right after startup and usually I have to reboot a couple of times before i can actually startup my computer and run it normally. There's no BSOD.

The freezing occurs when I am browsing the net normally, usually halfway through Facebook and the computer would just freeze.

During the first few attempts of rebooting my computer, it usually hangs either halfway through the normal loading screens or my monitor does not show anything though my CPU is turned on and lighted up.

My computer specs:
Window 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Service Pack 1
Acer Aspire M3910 Desktop
Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU
Processor 530@2.93GHz 2.93GHz
RAM - 2.00GB
NVIDIA GeForce GT320 1024MB
Computer Age: 1yr 6mths old

I am a computer noob and would really to seek help and assistance in solving my computer's problem, thanks!


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
04 Jan 2012   #2
GianniDPC

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by subzerolord View Post
Hi, my computer keeps freezing after 5-10mins of usage right after startup and usually I have to reboot a couple of times before i can actually startup my computer and run it normally. There's no BSOD.

The freezing occurs when I am browsing the net normally, usually halfway through Facebook and the computer would just freeze.

During the first few attempts of rebooting my computer, it usually hangs either halfway through the normal loading screens or my monitor does not show anything though my CPU is turned on and lighted up.

My computer specs:
Window 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Service Pack 1
Acer Aspire M3910 Desktop
Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU
Processor 530@2.93GHz 2.93GHz
RAM - 2.00GB
NVIDIA GeForce GT320 1024MB
Computer Age: 1yr 6mths old

I am a computer noob and would really to seek help and assistance in solving my computer's problem, thanks!
Well again a problem with an Acer Aspire (not the same but I have freezes while working in windows). I have that crash and it was never solved. Question: was windows 7 your standard os ? or was it vista home premium ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Jan 2012   #3
subzerolord

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Thanks for your reply! mine's standard OS. so is there any hope?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

04 Jan 2012   #4
GianniDPC

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by subzerolord View Post
Thanks for your reply! mine's standard OS. so is there any hope?
Well if it crashes is your HDD lamp still on or not ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Jan 2012   #5
subzerolord

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Sorry but how do you check or know if your Hard Disk Drive lap is still on or not? When my computer freezes it just shows the screen I am currently at, but not able to move my mouse or does the com shows anything when i press my keyboard.

By the way my com just crashed 3times and show 3 different BSOD which i attached below.

Thanks!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Jan 2012   #6
GianniDPC

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by subzerolord View Post
Sorry but how do you check or know if your Hard Disk Drive lap is still on or not? When my computer freezes it just shows the screen I am currently at, but not able to move my mouse or does the com shows anything when i press my keyboard.

By the way my com just crashed 3times and show 3 different BSOD which i attached below.

Thanks!
Sorry i mean lamp
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Jan 2012   #7
GianniDPC

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by subzerolord View Post
Sorry but how do you check or know if your Hard Disk Drive lap is still on or not? When my computer freezes it just shows the screen I am currently at, but not able to move my mouse or does the com shows anything when i press my keyboard.

By the way my com just crashed 3times and show 3 different BSOD which i attached below.

Thanks!
Also we need the .dmp files located in C:\Windows\minidump
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Jan 2012   #8
subzerolord

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Here you go. yup there is still lights on my on cpu when the freezing occurs
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Jan 2012   #9
GianniDPC

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by subzerolord View Post
Here you go. yup there is still lights on my on cpu when the freezing occurs
Update SafeDisk copy protection (yours is from 2006)

and update any other device drivers please

this can also be a bad hard drive
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Jan 2012   #10
subzerolord

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

SafeDisk copy protection?? Sorry but i don't seem to have that installed in my computer and i could not find it at all?? So how do i update it?

I have installed Slimdrivers software it has updated my drivers and stuff.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Multiple freezes after startup with no BSOD




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Windows 7 Multiple BSOD's, Now Freezes After Startup
Hello, brand new here. I know as part of the rules I must upload a log of some sort, but I'm unable to start my computer fully to the point where I can download and install programs. Let me state now that I'm no longer getting blue screens because my computer just freezes up and doesn't respond...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD, Then random computer crashes when playing, freezes on startup.
Hello, Lately there are weird things going on with my computer. Firstly, on the 07/01/2014 I had a BSOD. Details below : 71d3160702ca3f91376bc753df0c5547.png (unfortunately my MiniDump folder is empty, so this is all I can provide) And ever since then every time I come home, and turn my...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD on startup (sometimes), PC Locks Up/Freezes Random W/ Firefox
When using Firefox, at random times, my computer at times will lock up on and of and just go slow. Other times it will just freeze and I have to reboot. Sometimes when I reboot from this I get a BSOD and it asks for the startup repair disk. Sometimes it does not do this. Sunday I believe I got a...
BSOD Help and Support
Computer Freezes up shortly after startup, no BSOD.
Yesterday my computer started freezing up 30-60 seconds after I got to desktop. There isn't time to run any sort of virus scans or try and uninstall anything, and it still freezes up even in safe mode. A couple times it seemed to take longer, only to have programs become unresponsive until...
General Discussion
Computer screen freezes after startup, BSOD
Hi, as of today, I went through my normal rotinee. Start computer from sleep, log into Teamspeak 3, open Play with Six and launch ArmA 2 OA ACE mod an play. But today, my computer screen freezed and I couldn't do anything except move my mouse. After doing a hard restart of my computer and getting...
BSOD Help and Support
win 7 hangs on startup and freezes or BSOD 0x000000d1 within 1 min
Hi, thank you for taking the time to read this. problem: win 7 hangs on startup and freezes or BSOD 0x000000d1 within 1 minute usually. system runs fine if I boot to safe mode. no serious hardware or software changes around the time it started happening (that i recall) I didn't use my pc...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:32.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App