Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: BSOD 0x000000116 Stop when playing games.

05 Jan 2012   #21
Albatross147

Windows 7 home premium 64bit
 
 

Just blew out the dust with compressed air.
Im going to run another furmark test and log the temperature with GPU-Z
Let's hope it doesn't go up to 90 this time


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
05 Jan 2012   #22
writhziden

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Albatross147 View Post
Just blew out the dust with compressed air.
Im going to run another furmark test and log the temperature with GPU-Z
Let's hope it doesn't go up to 90 this time
Good luck! Keep us posted.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Jan 2012   #23
Albatross147

Windows 7 home premium 64bit
 
 

BLAST!

After running skyrim for a few minutes has the same crash
GPU-Z reported the last 3 minutes where 77-78C
Alot better according to temperature, but again no bluescreen.
What could be causing the game to crash? Ill try lowering the graphics and report agian.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

05 Jan 2012   #24
Albatross147

Windows 7 home premium 64bit
 
 

Just tested again
Crashed but got a bluescreen so i will upload the files shortly.
I don't get it, the pc wasn't too hot at all antivirus in game mode...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Jan 2012   #25
writhziden

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
 
 

Check your system logs in event viewer (start menu -> type eventvwr into search programs and files and hit enter -> expand Windows Logs -> click system) and look for any reoccurring errors.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Jan 2012   #26
Albatross147

Windows 7 home premium 64bit
 
 

My findings:
-Error 'Bugcontrol/Bug check' leads to BSOD 0x000000116.
-Critical 'Kernel power' (these match the time with the errors above)

Its seems the Error causes the Crashes

What is this 'bug control' and what causes it?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Jan 2012   #27
writhziden

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Albatross147 View Post
My findings:
-Error 'Bugcontrol/Bug check' leads to BSOD 0x000000116.
-Critical 'Kernel power' (these match the time with the errors above)

Its seems the Error causes the Crashes

What is this 'bug control' and what causes it?
I'll need the Event ID number to look into it. Kernel Power just means the computer was not shut down properly.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Jan 2012   #28
Albatross147

Windows 7 home premium 64bit
 
 

Event id is 1001 with name BUG Check

Discription:
The computer has restarted after a bugcontrole. The bugcontrole is 0x00000116 (0xfffffa8006d82010, 0xfffff8800ff11330, 0xffffffffc000009a, 0x0000000000000004). A dump was saved in: C: \ Windows \ Minidump \ 010512-23743-01.dmp. Report ID: 010512-23743-01
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Jan 2012   #29
writhziden

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Albatross147 View Post
Event id is 1001 with name BUG Check

Discription:
The computer has restarted after a bugcontrole. The bugcontrole is 0x00000116 (0xfffffa8006d82010, 0xfffff8800ff11330, 0xffffffffc000009a, 0x0000000000000004). A dump was saved in: C: \ Windows \ Minidump \ 010512-23743-01.dmp. Report ID: 010512-23743-01
That is the blue screen error, and Windows is telling you it made dmp files in the Minidump folder.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Jan 2012   #30
Albatross147

Windows 7 home premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by writhziden View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Albatross147 View Post
Event id is 1001 with name BUG Check

Discription:
The computer has restarted after a bugcontrole. The bugcontrole is 0x00000116 (0xfffffa8006d82010, 0xfffff8800ff11330, 0xffffffffc000009a, 0x0000000000000004). A dump was saved in: C: \ Windows \ Minidump \ 010512-23743-01.dmp. Report ID: 010512-23743-01
That is the blue screen error, and Windows is telling you it made dmp files in the Minidump folder.
Uploaded the dmp files.
Hope it helps
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BSOD 0x000000116 Stop when playing games.




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
BSOD playing CSGO error 0x000000116
Hi there I've been having issues on going since April regarding blue screens...First time was my hard drive failing which I replaced but I still blue screen regularly while playing CSGO with friends. It's the same error code every time. 116 and the driver address is always dxgkrnl.sys I've...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD while playing certain games: STOP 0x00000116
It occurs most often while playing certain less graphically intensive games (Mafia II, Overlord II) and almost not at all while playing things like Witcher 2 or LA Noire. It's a brand new HD 7770 so I'm trying to rule out everything else despite the fact that the BSOD points to atikmpag.sys,...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD when playing any games: stop code 116
Hey people, I have an incredibly annoying and quite frankly hopeless case of a crash whenever I play any sort of game, be it from Age Of Empires to Battlefield 4 I get the same goddamn problem regardless. The screen blacks, and a BSOD appears, saying it is file atikmpg.sys, now I have tried the...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD STOP: 0x00000135 Playing Battlefield 3 and other games
I have this blue screen error code while gaming. This happens whenever the graphics card is loaded it seems. I have also had intermittent freezes with no blue screen just come back and the desktop is locked. Setup: Processor - Core 2 Quad q8200 2.33ghz @ 3.33ghz on Zalman CNPS5X Performa Air...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD playing Dota 2, error 0x000000116
thanks in advance for your help!
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD playing games error 0x000000116, help pls
Hello everyone, I have a problem with an acer aspire 5742g. i3-380 vga intel hd nvidia gt 540m whit optimus tecnology 4 gb ram Windows 7 64-bit home premium sp1 i tested ram with memram and hd whit sea. I formatted windows many times to solve this problem and I tried both the 32-bit and the...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:37.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App