|07 Jan 2012||#1|
| || |
BSOD - Playing Games and Watching Movies
This has been happening for a very long time now. Everytime I am playing a game and watching a movie at the same time, my computer gets the BSOD. It will either just freeze both my monitors and then lead to BSOD, or it will start giving off weird colored lines and different colored pixels across both screens.
OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64
MOBO: EVGA nForce 780i SLI 775 A1 Version
VGA: XFX ATI Radeon 5850
CPU: Intel E8400 C2D
Memory: CORSAIR XMS2 DHX 4GB (2 x 2GB)
Monitor 1: SyncMaster 2253BW 22"
Monitor 2: LG 32LD550 32"
Since I have owned this PC, it has crashed countless times. From Windows XP Pro to Windows 7.
|My System Specs|
|07 Jan 2012||#2|
| || |
We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.
You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.
To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.
* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: BSOD - Playing Games and Watching Movies|
|BSOD While Playing PC Games, web browsing, watching movies||BSOD Help and Support|
|Random BSOD while playing games and watching movies||BSOD Help and Support|
|BSOD playing any games or watching movies||BSOD Help and Support|
|Frequent Audio/Video stuttering while watching movies, playing games||Hardware & Devices|
|Multiple BSODS in the last month while playing games, watching movies||BSOD Help and Support|
|IRQL NOT LESS THAN OR EQUAL bsod when playing games, watching movies.||BSOD Help and Support|
|BSOD while playing games and watching movies||BSOD Help and Support|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:19 AM.