Last Saturday, my wife turns on the computer and says that when she tried to log in, it would just display a plain black screen.
As I investigated, sure enough, when I log in, I only get a black screen. I can move the mouse freely, but nothing is visible. I have tried the following:
- The Prevx fixshell.exe program
- Ran malware bytes antimalware in safe mode
- CTRL+ALT+Delete & Ran new task: "explorer.exe" and I also tried "C:\Windows\explorer.exe"
- I also tried copying a new 'explorer.exe' file from a fresh install of my exact OS from my laptop.
- I verified my registry at HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\Microsot\Windows NT\Current Version\Winlogon to make sure 'shell = explorer.exe', but still nothing.
Nothing seems to be working. I can boot into Safe Mode just fine and see everything. But I can't boot into my computer/user normal anymore. I really can't do an OS reinstall right now. Please help!