Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: BSOD: ntoskrnl.exe; clean install corruption?

14 Jan 2012   #11

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by writhziden View Post
Alright, this is also a viable security measure and good troubleshooting step. I should be here when the disk check is completed or soon afterward. If any errors are found, you may want to run disk check again before doing the firmware update just to be safe.
One other quick question; my method of installation was to install to the SSD then migrate to the HDD. Would there be another recommended method of installation that is potentially more stable? Slash should I run check disk on both drives?

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

14 Jan 2012   #12

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Couch3ater View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by writhziden View Post
Alright, this is also a viable security measure and good troubleshooting step. I should be here when the disk check is completed or soon afterward. If any errors are found, you may want to run disk check again before doing the firmware update just to be safe.
One other quick question; my method of installation was to install to the SSD then migrate to the HDD. Would there be another recommended method of installation that is potentially more stable? Slash should I run check disk on both drives?
I believe your questions are answered in the links I provided through SSD Links. I have not worked with SSD drives myself, so I only know what I've read. I would rather let those who made the tutorials answer your questions since they have more experience than I do with those drives.

As to running the disk check on both drives, I would run it on both drives the first time, and then run it again on any drives that had errors pop up. On the HDD, you want to run with both boxes checked. For the SSD, Automatically fix file system errors is sufficient as the repair option does not apply to SSDs (from what I've read).
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Jan 2012   #13

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Check disk came up okay. Memtest started coming back with errors, so I'm going to see if I can't check each of the RAM sticks separately. Hopefully I can test to see if this will fix the problem and then deal with a warranty if I have to.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


14 Jan 2012   #14

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Couch3ater View Post
Check disk came up okay. Memtest started coming back with errors, so I'm going to see if I can't check each of the RAM sticks separately. Hopefully I can test to see if this will fix the problem and then deal with a warranty if I have to.
Alright, let us know if you find the bad modules and whether you are able to resolve the issue by changing the RAM layout. Sorry you are having RAM errors.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Jan 2012   #15

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

I'll be doing the testing at some point tomorrow. I'll post back to let you know if I have any luck getting it stable.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Jan 2012   #16

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Currently memtesting the first stick of memory. First pass threw and error and the second pass completed normally. As a side note, could you possibly take a look at the motherboard compatibility with my RAM? I want a second set of eyes to take a peek and make sure everything is squared away.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Jan 2012   #17

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
 
 

If it is not DDR3 1600, it is not necessarily compatible. If you get even one error running Memtest86+, that is one error too many and you may have compatibility conflicts.

Your best plan of action for replacing RAM, if that is your next step, would be to call RAM manufacturers and find out what kit works best with your board and CPU. Corsair and G-Skill wouldn't be a bad place to start. You may also look into AMD Memory for Systems since you have an AMD CPU. Recommend DDR3 1333 as it is more compatible with AMD technology.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jan 2012   #18

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

So after running memtest all day yesterday, I may have taken care of the issue. Upon running memtest, I discovered that two of my three sticks of memory were throwing errors, so I'll be running my rig all day today with the one stick of memory that was found to not have errors. I'll keep my eyes peeled for any blue screens and will post any new dump files if I have an issue. Thanks for all your help.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jan 2012   #19

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Couch3ater View Post
So after running memtest all day yesterday, I may have taken care of the issue. Upon running memtest, I discovered that two of my three sticks of memory were throwing errors, so I'll be running my rig all day today with the one stick of memory that was found to not have errors. I'll keep my eyes peeled for any blue screens and will post any new dump files if I have an issue. Thanks for all your help.
No problem. Best wishes!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BSOD: ntoskrnl.exe; clean install corruption?




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: BSOD: ntoskrnl.exe; clean install corruption?
Thread Forum
Multiple BSOD, Clean windows System_Service_Exception ntoskrnl+7c1e9? BSOD Help and Support
Clean Install BSOD BSOD Help and Support
BSOD after clean install BSOD Help and Support
BSOD during clean install Installation & Setup
BSOD on 7 Pro clean install BSOD Help and Support

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:26 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33