Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Cannot clear "System repair pending which requires reboot to complete"


14 Jan 2012   #11

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

BSOD info attached, as per suggested by the instructions you gave. It's also here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/570881/troub...valzi_bsod.zip

Here's some hardware info:

Code:
Intel Core i3 2100
Windows 7x64 SP1 (Build 7601)
CPU Arch : 1 CPU - 2 Cores - 4 Threads
CPU PSN : Intel Core i3-2100 CPU @ 3.10GHz
CPU EXT : MMX, SSE (1, 2, 3, 3S, 4.1, 4.2), EM64T, VT-x, AVX
CPUID : 6.A.7 / Extended : 6.2A
CPU Cache : L1 : 2 x 32 / 2 x 32 KB - L2 : 2 x 256 KB
CPU Cache : L3 : 3072 KB
Core : Sandy Bridge (32 nm) / Stepping : D2
Freq : 1604.69 MHz (100.29 * 16)
MB Brand : Gigabyte
MB Model : Z68A-D3H-B3
NB : Intel Sandy Bridge rev 09
SB : Intel Z68 rev B3
RAM : 8192 MB DDR3 Dual Channel
RAM Speed : 668.7 MHz (1:5) @ 9-9-9-24
Slot 1 : 4096MB (10700)
Slot 1 Manufacturer : Corsair
Slot 2 : 4096MB (10700)
Slot 2 Manufacturer : Corsair

Intel Core i3 2100
Windows 7x64 SP1 (Build 7601)
CPU Arch : 1 CPU - 2 Cores - 4 Threads
CPU PSN : Intel Core i3-2100 CPU @ 3.10GHz
CPU EXT : MMX, SSE (1, 2, 3, 3S, 4.1, 4.2), EM64T, VT-x, AVX
CPUID : 6.A.7 / Extended : 6.2A
CPU Cache : L1 : 2 x 32 / 2 x 32 KB - L2 : 2 x 256 KB
CPU Cache : L3 : 3072 KB
Core : Sandy Bridge (32 nm) / Stepping : D2
Freq : 1604.69 MHz (100.29 * 16)
MB Brand : Gigabyte
MB Model : Z68A-D3H-B3
NB : Intel Sandy Bridge rev 09
SB : Intel Z68 rev B3
RAM : 8192 MB DDR3 Dual Channel
RAM Speed : 668.7 MHz (1:5) @ 9-9-9-24
Slot 1 : 4096MB (10700)
Slot 1 Manufacturer : Corsair
Slot 2 : 4096MB (10700)
Slot 2 Manufacturer : Corsair

CPU integrated Card Name:     Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
Driver:     8.15.10.2559 / Windows 7 64

PCI Card Name:     ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series
GPU:     Juniper     Revision:      
Technology:     40 nm     Die Size:     170 mm˛
BIOS Version:     012.019.000.003.000000     Device ID:     1002 - 68B8
Bus Interface:     PCI-E 2.0 x16 @ x16 2.0     Subvendor:     ATI AIB (1787)
ROPs:     16     Shaders:     800 (DX 11.0)
Pixel Fillrate:     14.0 GPixel/s     Texture Fillrate:     35.0 GTexel/s
Memory Type:     GDDR5     Bus Width:     128 bit
Memory Size:     1024 MB     Bandwidth:     78.4 GB/s
Driver:     atiumdag 8.920.0.0 (Catalyst 11.12) / Windows 7 64
GPU Clock:     875 MHz     1225 MHz      
Default Clock:     875 MHz     1225 MHz
Based on the minidump, I think the BSOD is being caused by the cpu-integrated graphics card. In the BIOS, I have the integrated graphics card set to only turn on when necessary. I can also set it to be always on or to never turn on. Maybe I need to set it to never turn on?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

14 Jan 2012   #12

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
 
 

Code:
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Mike\Downloads\BSODDmpFiles\valzi\011412-45131-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\users\mike\documents\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is: 
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (4 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7601.17640.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`0321a000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`0345f670
Debug session time: Sat Jan 14 18:24:54.449 2012 (UTC - 7:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:04:35.651
Loading Kernel Symbols
...............................................................
................................................................
.................................
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
....
*******************************************************************************
*                                                                             *
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *
*                                                                             *
*******************************************************************************

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff88005663c1f, fffff88009933dc0, 0}

Probably caused by : igdkmd64.sys ( igdkmd64+36c1f )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
*******************************************************************************
*                                                                             *
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *
*                                                                             *
*******************************************************************************

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3b)
An exception happened while executing a system service routine.
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000000c0000005, Exception code that caused the bugcheck
Arg2: fffff88005663c1f, Address of the instruction which caused the bugcheck
Arg3: fffff88009933dc0, Address of the context record for the exception that caused the bugcheck
Arg4: 0000000000000000, zero.

Debugging Details:
------------------


EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s.

FAULTING_IP: 
igdkmd64+36c1f
fffff880`05663c1f 88911c130000    mov     byte ptr [rcx+131Ch],dl

CONTEXT:  fffff88009933dc0 -- (.cxr 0xfffff88009933dc0)
rax=fffff88005663f60 rbx=0000000000000001 rcx=0000000000000000
rdx=0000000000000001 rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=0000000000000000
rip=fffff88005663c1f rsp=fffff880099347a0 rbp=fffff8a003432c01
 r8=0000000000000000  r9=fffffa80083bf430 r10=fffffa800853c300
r11=fffffa80083bf020 r12=0000000000000000 r13=0000000000000000
r14=0000000000000001 r15=0000000000000000
iopl=0         nv up ei ng nz na po nc
cs=0010  ss=0018  ds=002b  es=002b  fs=0053  gs=002b             efl=00010286
igdkmd64+0x36c1f:
fffff880`05663c1f 88911c130000    mov     byte ptr [rcx+131Ch],dl ds:002b:00000000`0000131c=??
Resetting default scope

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT:  1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR:  0x3B

PROCESS_NAME:  WinSAT.exe

CURRENT_IRQL:  0

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER:  from 0000000000000000 to fffff88005663c1f

STACK_TEXT:  
fffff880`099347a0 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : igdkmd64+0x36c1f


FOLLOWUP_IP: 
igdkmd64+36c1f
fffff880`05663c1f 88911c130000    mov     byte ptr [rcx+131Ch],dl

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX:  0

SYMBOL_NAME:  igdkmd64+36c1f

FOLLOWUP_NAME:  MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: igdkmd64

IMAGE_NAME:  igdkmd64.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP:  4ea1ac13

STACK_COMMAND:  .cxr 0xfffff88009933dc0 ; kb

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  X64_0x3B_igdkmd64+36c1f

BUCKET_ID:  X64_0x3B_igdkmd64+36c1f

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

0: kd> lmvm igdkmd64
start             end                 module name
fffff880`0562d000 fffff880`061ea660   igdkmd64 T (no symbols)           
    Loaded symbol image file: igdkmd64.sys
    Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\igdkmd64.sys
    Image name: igdkmd64.sys
    Timestamp:        Fri Oct 21 11:29:55 2011 (4EA1AC13)
    CheckSum:         00BC8CF3
    ImageSize:        00BBD660
    Translations:     0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
So it is your intel graphics driver that is causing the problem. I would recommend uninstalling and re-installing the graphics driver. If that does not work, then uninstall it and install an older or newer version than the one you currently have. The following steps are for re-installing the driver.


To fully re-install a driver, use the following steps.
  1. Click Start Menu
  2. Right Click My Computer/Computer
  3. Click Manage
  4. Click Device Manager from the list on the left
  5. Expand the Display adapters
  6. Right click the device
  7. Click Uninstall (do not click OK in the dialog box that pops up after hitting Uninstall)
  8. Put a tick in Delete driver software for this device (if this option is available, otherwise just hit OK) and hit OK
  9. Restart your computer
  10. Install the latest driver for the device once Windows starts.

Alternatively:
  1. Login as an adminstrative user.
  2. Click Start Menu
  3. Click Control Panel
  4. Click Hardware and Sound
  5. Click Device Manager (the last link under Devices and Printers)
  6. Expand the Display adapters
  7. Right click the device
  8. Click Uninstall (do not click OK in the dialog box that pops up after hitting Uninstall)
  9. Put a tick in Delete driver software for this device (if this option is available, otherwise just hit OK) and hit OK
  10. Restart your computer
  11. Install the latest driver for the device once Windows starts.


Also, update the following drivers. Installing and updating drivers in 7,
DriverReference,
and Drivers and Downloads
are useful references.
Code:
speedfan	fffff880`0193d000	fffff880`01944000	Sun Sep 24 07:26:48 2006 (45168798)	00005062		speedfan.sys
netr7364	fffff880`0755a000	fffff880`075ef000	Sun Sep 23 21:08:50 2007 (46f72a42)	00096344		netr7364.sys
AtiPcie	fffff880`01630000	fffff880`01638000	Tue May 05 09:00:22 2009 (4a005486)	000134c7		AtiPcie.sys
lirsgt	fffff880`06c00000	fffff880`06c0d000	Sun May 17 07:06:57 2009 (4a100bf1)	0000f1b4		lirsgt.sys
atksgt	fffff880`0829f000	fffff880`082ee000	Sun May 17 07:36:34 2009 (4a1012e2)	0004fc56		atksgt.sys
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Jan 2012   #13

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by valzi View Post
Based on the minidump, I think the BSOD is being caused by the cpu-integrated graphics card. In the BIOS, I have the integrated graphics card set to only turn on when necessary. I can also set it to be always on or to never turn on. Maybe I need to set it to never turn on?
You could try setting it to never turn on and see if it affects your ability to obtain the WEI.

I was unaware that you had two graphics controllers, so thanks for letting us know. Very useful information, and you did some nice troubleshooting on your own.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


15 Jan 2012   #14

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Fixed!

I updated speedfan, my ATI drivers (which were oddly really old despite updating them about a month ago), netr7364 (my usb wifi adapter driver.)

lirsgt and atksgt are part of Tages cd copy protection. I installed the latest version of Tages, but I'm not sure it's actually newer than what I had before.

I really probably should have tested at that point, but I changed the bios setting on my Intel CPU graphic controller so that it will only turn on if there's no graphics card in the PCI slot.

Then it worked!

Question for the sake of curiosity: why did you recommend I update the specific drivers you chose? I understand the reason for AtiPcie, but I'm curious what lead you to believe the others might be important or out of date or whatever drew your interest?

I wasn't desperate to get my WEI numbers, but I was afraid that crashing during a hardware test probably signified system instability and wanted to take care of it before a more difficult problem arose. Thanks so much for helping with it. I feel much better now. =)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Jan 2012   #15

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by valzi View Post
Fixed!

I updated speedfan, my ATI drivers (which were oddly really old despite updating them about a month ago), netr7364 (my usb wifi adapter driver.)

lirsgt and atksgt are part of Tages cd copy protection. I installed the latest version of Tages, but I'm not sure it's actually newer than what I had before.

I really probably should have tested at that point, but I changed the bios setting on my Intel CPU graphic controller so that it will only turn on if there's no graphics card in the PCI slot.

Then it worked!

Question for the sake of curiosity: why did you recommend I update the specific drivers you chose? I understand the reason for AtiPcie, but I'm curious what lead you to believe the others might be important or out of date or whatever drew your interest?

I wasn't desperate to get my WEI numbers, but I was afraid that crashing during a hardware test probably signified system instability and wanted to take care of it before a more difficult problem arose. Thanks so much for helping with it. I feel much better now. =)
The debugging tool has Modules under Debug that show the timestamp of each driver. By listing them according to date, we can determine which are older and which are newer. If the older ones were prior to Windows 7 being released, we will ask people to update those drivers.

I'm glad you were able to get your stability sorted. Let us know if you have any further questions, comments, or concerns. Otherwise, do your usual routine for a week or so and if you have no problems, come back and mark the thread as solved by clicking on the green button next to Post Reply at the bottom of the thread.

Edit: I see you already marked it solved. That is fine. If you have any stability issues in the next week, you can always come back and let us know. Best wishes it is solved!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Jan 2012   #16

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Yep! I'll do that!

Just one thing is still hanging on, but I think it's unrelated: Windows tries (and apparently fails) to install an update every time I shut down. Also, update manager wants to install one important update but always fails. (That means, I think, I have two updates I need to do, one of them already in queue and the other apparently unable to install until the other one is finished.)

Should I start a new thread for that or address it here?

Code:
KB2468871
Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 on Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2 for x64-based Systems (KB2468871)

Installation status: Failed

Error details: Code 643
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Jan 2012   #17

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by valzi View Post
Yep! I'll do that!

Just one thing is still hanging on, but I think it's unrelated: Windows tries (and apparently fails) to install an update every time I shut down. Also, update manager wants to install one important update but always fails. (That means, I think, I have two updates I need to do, one of them already in queue and the other apparently unable to install until the other one is finished.)

Should I start a new thread for that or address it here?

Code:
KB2468871
Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 on Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2 for x64-based Systems (KB2468871)

Installation status: Failed

Error details: Code 643
The Gurus in Windows Updates & Activation are more experienced with update problems. I would have to do research to help you, but they may already know the steps to take. I would suggest starting a new thread there. Good luck!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Jan 2012   #18

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Alright doing that. You've been great!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Jan 2012   #19
cry

Windows 7
 
 

I am currently having this same issue, however I cannot boot into my windows platform at all. I'm using a system repair disc to gain access to the command prompt.

I'll run the sfc command for it to tell me a system repair is pending.

I've attempted to type enter dism.exe /image:C:\ /cleanup-image /revertpendingactions

I've tried changing "C" to the drive my actual system is on, but get this everytime,

Error: 2

Unable to access the image.
Make sure that the image path and the Windows directory for the image exist and you have Read permissions on the folder.

Is this because I am booting off a repair disk to try and access this command? If so, it seems like my only option is to reformat the computer because I am at a serious loss here.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Jan 2012   #20

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by cry View Post
I am currently having this same issue, however I cannot boot into my windows platform at all. I'm using a system repair disc to gain access to the command prompt.

I'll run the sfc command for it to tell me a system repair is pending.

I've attempted to type enter dism.exe /image:C:\ /cleanup-image /revertpendingactions

I've tried changing "C" to the drive my actual system is on, but get this everytime,

Error: 2

Unable to access the image.
Make sure that the image path and the Windows directory for the image exist and you have Read permissions on the folder.

Is this because I am booting off a repair disk to try and access this command? If so, it seems like my only option is to reformat the computer because I am at a serious loss here.
Make sure you are copying the command exactly as it is written. If you do not, you will get an Error: 2 statement. Also, we would appreciate it you started your own thread for this. I realize you have a similar problem, but you are more likely to get help if you start your own thread and link to this one as a similar case.

For example: I am having the same/a similar problem to that found in http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...ml#post1754804 and was hoping someone might help me resolve it. Here are the steps I have tried...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Cannot clear "System repair pending which requires reboot to complete"




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:27 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33