Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Windows 7 is crashing..no BSOD

18 Jan 2012   #1
pokersk8trshark

Windows 7 Premium 32bit
 
 
Windows 7 is crashing..no BSOD

First of all, thank you so much for taking the time to read my post.

I am having a horrible time with my computer running Windows 7 Premium. For about a week now, my computer crashes for no apparent reason.

At first I thought it had to do with the internet because it was usually during that time when it crashed. Now it doesn't matter which program I am on.

Anyway, what happens is, the program, we will say Google Chrome for this example, starts to freeze. The blue spinning circle happens.

I will try to exit out and then I will get a (not responding) so I will go to my desktop while Chrome is running in the background.

When I go to the desktop, if I click on ANY programs, the screen will go white (however I can still see desktop icons in the background) and then be 100% non-responsive. I can't do ctrl-alt-del to power off my computer and the only option is to either unplug it or push the power button to power off.

I have started in safe mode with networking and am able to go online, etc. So far, the issue doesn't happen in safe mode.

I did a complete virus scan and malwarebye and it came up clean.

I am at a total loss as to what is going on and would so appreciate any help. I have Googled until and can't figure it out.

Thanks VERY VERY much.
Justine


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

18 Jan 2012   #2
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pokersk8trshark View Post
First of all, thank you so much for taking the time to read my post.

I am having a horrible time with my computer running Windows 7 Premium. For about a week now, my computer crashes for no apparent reason.

At first I thought it had to do with the internet because it was usually during that time when it crashed. Now it doesn't matter which program I am on.

Anyway, what happens is, the program, we will say Google Chrome for this example, starts to freeze. The blue spinning circle happens.

I will try to exit out and then I will get a (not responding) so I will go to my desktop while Chrome is running in the background.

When I go to the desktop, if I click on ANY programs, the screen will go white (however I can still see desktop icons in the background) and then be 100% non-responsive. I can't do ctrl-alt-del to power off my computer and the only option is to either unplug it or push the power button to power off.

I have started in safe mode with networking and am able to go online, etc. So far, the issue doesn't happen in safe mode.

I did a complete virus scan and malwarebye and it came up clean.

I am at a total loss as to what is going on and would so appreciate any help. I have Googled until and can't figure it out.

Thanks VERY VERY much.
Justine
First can we get your system specs and network setup.

You can check in event viewer to see what is logged there during the time the freezing occurs


To check for freezing/crashing you need to check several things.

1-Event viewer.
Quote:
Type eventvwr in search and go to the windows log>application tab & system tabs.
Look for errors. Errors have red in the left hand column.

Look for errors that say app hang, or app crash, or anything related to the problem.
When you find them either take a screenshot of them and upload them to us, or note the event ID and source codes and look them up in google. If you cant find them in google tell us what they are.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Jan 2012   #3
pokersk8trshark

Windows 7 Premium 32bit
 
 

All right. I am posting this via an old computer so I will attempt to boot up my Windows 7 system.

Apologizes but I am not a computer expert at all. When you say network setup, what do you mean? My computer is a Dell Optiplex 780. I will get the rest of the computer specs when I go to that computer.

Thank you
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


18 Jan 2012   #4
7even64

Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit
 
 

You might be looking at registry problems I recommend you try ccCleaner to fix registry problems if not cccleaner just google free registry cleaners
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Jan 2012   #5
pokersk8trshark

Windows 7 Premium 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by 7even64 View Post
You might be looking at registry problems I recommend you try ccCleaner to fix registry problems if not cccleaner just google free registry cleaners
Thank you. I did try that as well and it is still happening.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Jan 2012   #6
pokersk8trshark

Windows 7 Premium 32bit
 
 

I am running Win 7 Pro sp1 32bit
3.16 ghz
4gb

Is that what you needed? Thanks.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Jan 2012   #7
pokersk8trshark

Windows 7 Premium 32bit
 
 

There are HUNDREDS of errors on the event viewer. Several are repeats but just today alone there are 53. I will google the first error and then post it. Thanks again.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Jan 2012   #8
pokersk8trshark

Windows 7 Premium 32bit
 
 

This is what I have found so far:


On the Applications Event 1000, application error
Faulting application name: rundll32.exe_gcswf32.dll, version: 6.1.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5bc637
Faulting module name: gcswf32.dll, version: 11.1.102.55, time stamp: 0x4eaf862f
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x001cb58b
Faulting process id: 0x7e4
Faulting application start time: 0x01ccd607b634e441
Faulting application path: C:\Windows\system32\rundll32.exe
Faulting module path: C:\PROGRA~1\Google\Chrome\APPLIC~1\160912~1.75\gcswf32.dll

On The System Tab
Event ID 7026. Service Control Manager
The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
discache
MpFilter
SAVOnAccess

Event ID 7001, Service Control Manager
The NTRU TSS v1.2.1.29 TCS service depends on the TPM Base Services service which failed to start because of the following error:
The operation completed successfully.

Event ID 7001, Service Control Manager
The Computer Browser service depends on the Server service which failed to start because of the following error:
The dependency service or group failed to start.

I am at a loss. Googling this gave me more questions than answers. I appreciate the help as I am unsure what to do.

Thanks,
Justine
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Jan 2012   #9
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pokersk8trshark View Post
This is what I have found so far:


On the Applications Event 1000, application error
Faulting application name: rundll32.exe_gcswf32.dll, version: 6.1.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5bc637
Faulting module name: gcswf32.dll, version: 11.1.102.55, time stamp: 0x4eaf862f
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x001cb58b
Faulting process id: 0x7e4
Faulting application start time: 0x01ccd607b634e441
Faulting application path: C:\Windows\system32\rundll32.exe
Faulting module path: C:\PROGRA~1\Google\Chrome\APPLIC~1\160912~1.75\gcswf32.dll

On The System Tab
Event ID 7026. Service Control Manager
The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
discache
MpFilter
SAVOnAccess

Event ID 7001, Service Control Manager
The NTRU TSS v1.2.1.29 TCS service depends on the TPM Base Services service which failed to start because of the following error:
The operation completed successfully.

Event ID 7001, Service Control Manager
The Computer Browser service depends on the Server service which failed to start because of the following error:
The dependency service or group failed to start.

I am at a loss. Googling this gave me more questions than answers. I appreciate the help as I am unsure what to do.

Thanks,
Justine
do you have the win 7 dvd from which we can do a repair install?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Jan 2012   #10
pokersk8trshark

Windows 7 Premium 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pokersk8trshark View Post
This is what I have found so far:


On the Applications Event 1000, application error
Faulting application name: rundll32.exe_gcswf32.dll, version: 6.1.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5bc637
Faulting module name: gcswf32.dll, version: 11.1.102.55, time stamp: 0x4eaf862f
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x001cb58b
Faulting process id: 0x7e4
Faulting application start time: 0x01ccd607b634e441
Faulting application path: C:\Windows\system32\rundll32.exe
Faulting module path: C:\PROGRA~1\Google\Chrome\APPLIC~1\160912~1.75\gcswf32.dll

On The System Tab
Event ID 7026. Service Control Manager
The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
discache
MpFilter
SAVOnAccess

Event ID 7001, Service Control Manager
The NTRU TSS v1.2.1.29 TCS service depends on the TPM Base Services service which failed to start because of the following error:
The operation completed successfully.

Event ID 7001, Service Control Manager
The Computer Browser service depends on the Server service which failed to start because of the following error:
The dependency service or group failed to start.

I am at a loss. Googling this gave me more questions than answers. I appreciate the help as I am unsure what to do.

Thanks,
Justine
do you have the win 7 dvd from which we can do a repair install?
No, it came on my computer when I got it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Windows 7 is crashing..no BSOD




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Windows 7 crashing BSOD ntkernal
Please if somebody can help me here i will be eternally grateful see attachment
BSOD Help and Support
Windows crashing without BSOD.
Hello evryone, I would like to start by thanking the people who read this in an attempt to help and excuse me for grammer or language faults. I have been running my computer for about four years where i made a clean instal about one year ago and it was all running great. Then all of the...
BSOD Help and Support
Windows Explorer crashing, adobe plug in crashing.
Im running windows 7 ultimate 64 ... I dont know totally system specs. It's a custom rig that I purchased about 6 months ago. I dont think the specs matter anyway because I don't believe this is a hadware problem, but a windows problem. Ok, So about a month ago I was unlucky enough to pick up...
General Discussion
windows crashing randomly no bsod?
windows 7 64bit 8gigs ram 1gig nvidia geforce gpu intel core 2 quad asus cg5270 mother board rocket fish 550watt psu here are the minidump files and a perfmon report, the computer just crashes and reboots without a blue screen.
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD crashing windows 7 64 bit
- windows 7 premium 64 bit -this one - full retail - What is the age of system (hardware)? 7 days - What is the age of OS installation 7 days Hey there my computer keeps crashing and dumping while im playing Modernwarfare 2 mostly but has also done it when I have been on the net and...
BSOD Help and Support
windows 7 will not load without crashing or BSOD
hello all, i have a pretty new computer that i build before i moved cross country. the comp has a 3.4ghz proccessor, 6 gbs of ram and a heavy duty videocard. befroe i left it was giving me a cpu fan error but beyond that it would load up windows 7 fine but once i tried to boot it up now it will...
BSOD Help and Support

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:21.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App