Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Computer hard locks -

20 Jan 2012   #11
meuqsaco

Windows 7 64 Ultimate
 
 

Yeah, almost half a day and no freezing. It's beating the record so far. It looks like it solved. I'll wait at least a couple days and if it is solved, I'll return the mobo I ordered and let you guys know which options helped me with the freezing


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
21 Jan 2012   #12
meuqsaco

Windows 7 64 Ultimate
 
 

So I got a BSOD today, but this time it did not freeze like all other times. The minidump was saved. I believe the freezing issue is solved and this is related to something else. My memory was in it's XMP profile so I set it back to stock(1333mhz, 1.5v). I believe this was the problem, but just in case, could someone take a look at the minidump and see what triggered it?

Thank you!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Jan 2012   #13
writhziden

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
 
 

While your .dmp file is informative, it is not the best information for helping with crashing/freezing problems. If you follow the http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html, it provides us with more information than just the .dmp file. The information may be helpful if you continue to have problems so we know more about your system and can determine possible conflicts, application errors, system errors, etc. existing on the system.

Your blue screen crash (seen below) was due to Stop 0x101, and may be resolved using STOP 0x101: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT troubleshtg. It may be the RAM, as you said, but there are other possibilities outlined in that thread by usasma, who is one of the best hardware debuggers on here.

Code:
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Mike\Downloads\BSODDmpFiles\meuqsaco\012112-15163-01\012112-15163-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\users\mike\documents\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is: 
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (8 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7600.16841.amd64fre.win7_gdr.110622-1503
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02e52000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`0308fe70
Debug session time: Sat Jan 21 08:24:06.373 2012 (UTC - 7:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:16:52.294
Loading Kernel Symbols
...............................................................
................................................................
.........................
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
...
*******************************************************************************
*                                                                             *
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *
*                                                                             *
*******************************************************************************

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 101, {19, 0, fffff880032f9180, 6}

Probably caused by : Unknown_Image ( ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
*******************************************************************************
*                                                                             *
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *
*                                                                             *
*******************************************************************************

CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT (101)
An expected clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor in an
MP system within the allocated interval. This indicates that the specified
processor is hung and not processing interrupts.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000019, Clock interrupt time out interval in nominal clock ticks.
Arg2: 0000000000000000, 0.
Arg3: fffff880032f9180, The PRCB address of the hung processor.
Arg4: 0000000000000006, 0.

Debugging Details:
------------------


BUGCHECK_STR:  CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT_8_PROC

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT:  1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

PROCESS_NAME:  swtor.exe

CURRENT_IRQL:  d

STACK_TEXT:  
fffff880`0a2e1498 fffff800`02e70463 : 00000000`00000101 00000000`00000019 00000000`00000000 fffff880`032f9180 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`0a2e14a0 fffff800`02ecac87 : 00000000`00000000 fffff800`00000006 00000000`00002711 00000000`00000000 : nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+0x4d8e
fffff880`0a2e1530 fffff800`02e13895 : fffff800`02e38460 fffff880`0a2e16e0 fffff800`02e38460 00000000`00000000 : nt!KeUpdateSystemTime+0x377
fffff880`0a2e1630 fffff800`02ebeab3 : 00000000`83cfc1fa fffff800`0303ce80 00000000`00001000 fffff800`02ff6bfe : hal!HalpHpetClockInterrupt+0x8d
fffff880`0a2e1660 fffff800`02ef3621 : 00000003`00000000 fffffa80`00000000 00000000`00000001 c5f00001`83ac3025 : nt!KiInterruptDispatchNoLock+0x163
fffff880`0a2e17f0 fffff800`02ef5cc9 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`0bd90fff fffff880`00000000 fffffa80`00000000 : nt!MiDeleteVirtualAddresses+0x7d8
fffff880`0a2e19b0 fffff800`031d8050 : fffffa80`06a31160 0007ffff`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!MiRemoveMappedView+0xd9
fffff880`0a2e1ad0 fffff800`031d845b : 00000980`00000000 00000000`0bd90000 fffffa80`00000001 00000000`0fe2eb01 : nt!MiUnmapViewOfSection+0x1b0
fffff880`0a2e1b90 fffff800`02ec1813 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`77081a75 fffffa80`06838060 fffffa80`0c767900 : nt!NtUnmapViewOfSection+0x5f
fffff880`0a2e1be0 00000000`7762f95a : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiSystemServiceCopyEnd+0x13
00000000`0fe2e208 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : 0x7762f95a


STACK_COMMAND:  kb

SYMBOL_NAME:  ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE

FOLLOWUP_NAME:  MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: Unknown_Module

IMAGE_NAME:  Unknown_Image

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP:  0

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  X64_CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT_8_PROC_ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE

BUCKET_ID:  X64_CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT_8_PROC_ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

21 Jan 2012   #14
meuqsaco

Windows 7 64 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by writhziden View Post
While your .dmp file is informative, it is not the best information for helping with crashing/freezing problems. If you follow the http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html, it provides us with more information than just the .dmp file. The information may be helpful if you continue to have problems so we know more about your system and can determine possible conflicts, application errors, system errors, etc. existing on the system.

Your blue screen crash (seen below) was due to Stop 0x101, and may be resolved using STOP 0x101: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT troubleshtg. It may be the RAM, as you said, but there are other possibilities outlined in that thread by usasma, who is one of the best hardware debuggers on here.

Code:
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Mike\Downloads\BSODDmpFiles\meuqsaco\012112-15163-01\012112-15163-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\users\mike\documents\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is: 
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (8 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7600.16841.amd64fre.win7_gdr.110622-1503
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02e52000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`0308fe70
Debug session time: Sat Jan 21 08:24:06.373 2012 (UTC - 7:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:16:52.294
Loading Kernel Symbols
...............................................................
................................................................
.........................
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
...
*******************************************************************************
*                                                                             *
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *
*                                                                             *
*******************************************************************************

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 101, {19, 0, fffff880032f9180, 6}

Probably caused by : Unknown_Image ( ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
*******************************************************************************
*                                                                             *
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *
*                                                                             *
*******************************************************************************

CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT (101)
An expected clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor in an
MP system within the allocated interval. This indicates that the specified
processor is hung and not processing interrupts.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000019, Clock interrupt time out interval in nominal clock ticks.
Arg2: 0000000000000000, 0.
Arg3: fffff880032f9180, The PRCB address of the hung processor.
Arg4: 0000000000000006, 0.

Debugging Details:
------------------


BUGCHECK_STR:  CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT_8_PROC

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT:  1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

PROCESS_NAME:  swtor.exe

CURRENT_IRQL:  d

STACK_TEXT:  
fffff880`0a2e1498 fffff800`02e70463 : 00000000`00000101 00000000`00000019 00000000`00000000 fffff880`032f9180 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`0a2e14a0 fffff800`02ecac87 : 00000000`00000000 fffff800`00000006 00000000`00002711 00000000`00000000 : nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+0x4d8e
fffff880`0a2e1530 fffff800`02e13895 : fffff800`02e38460 fffff880`0a2e16e0 fffff800`02e38460 00000000`00000000 : nt!KeUpdateSystemTime+0x377
fffff880`0a2e1630 fffff800`02ebeab3 : 00000000`83cfc1fa fffff800`0303ce80 00000000`00001000 fffff800`02ff6bfe : hal!HalpHpetClockInterrupt+0x8d
fffff880`0a2e1660 fffff800`02ef3621 : 00000003`00000000 fffffa80`00000000 00000000`00000001 c5f00001`83ac3025 : nt!KiInterruptDispatchNoLock+0x163
fffff880`0a2e17f0 fffff800`02ef5cc9 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`0bd90fff fffff880`00000000 fffffa80`00000000 : nt!MiDeleteVirtualAddresses+0x7d8
fffff880`0a2e19b0 fffff800`031d8050 : fffffa80`06a31160 0007ffff`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!MiRemoveMappedView+0xd9
fffff880`0a2e1ad0 fffff800`031d845b : 00000980`00000000 00000000`0bd90000 fffffa80`00000001 00000000`0fe2eb01 : nt!MiUnmapViewOfSection+0x1b0
fffff880`0a2e1b90 fffff800`02ec1813 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`77081a75 fffffa80`06838060 fffffa80`0c767900 : nt!NtUnmapViewOfSection+0x5f
fffff880`0a2e1be0 00000000`7762f95a : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiSystemServiceCopyEnd+0x13
00000000`0fe2e208 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : 0x7762f95a


STACK_COMMAND:  kb

SYMBOL_NAME:  ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE

FOLLOWUP_NAME:  MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: Unknown_Module

IMAGE_NAME:  Unknown_Image

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP:  0

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  X64_CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT_8_PROC_ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE

BUCKET_ID:  X64_CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT_8_PROC_ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
Thanks, I'll get more info of my system as you said and read the topic.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Jan 2012   #15
writhziden

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by meuqsaco View Post

Thanks, I'll get more info of my system as you said and read the topic.
You are welcome. Let us know how things go with the tests (in the linked thread) if you run them.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Jan 2012   #16
meuqsaco

Windows 7 64 Ultimate
 
 

The pc froze 3 times just now, damn. I read the topic and people say it is most likely the CPU that causes it. Forget the minidump. My new mobo just arrived and I installed everything and formatted windows with updated drivers. I am now going to test it and if it freezes, then I will return the mobo and contact Intel to request an RMA.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Jan 2012   #17
writhziden

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by meuqsaco View Post
The pc froze 3 times just now, damn. I read the topic and people say it is most likely the CPU that causes it. Forget the minidump. My new mobo just arrived and I installed everything and formatted windows with updated drivers. I am now going to test it and if it freezes, then I will return the mobo and contact Intel to request an RMA.
Probably a good troubleshooting step to see if it is the CPU. Is your RAM compatible with the new board?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Jan 2012   #18
meuqsaco

Windows 7 64 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by writhziden View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by meuqsaco View Post
The pc froze 3 times just now, damn. I read the topic and people say it is most likely the CPU that causes it. Forget the minidump. My new mobo just arrived and I installed everything and formatted windows with updated drivers. I am now going to test it and if it freezes, then I will return the mobo and contact Intel to request an RMA.
Probably a good troubleshooting step to see if it is the CPU. Is your RAM compatible with the new board?
Yeah, it is. I've checked the compatibility list of manufacturer(MSI). If it is not the mobo, it must be the CPU. Anyway, I'll keep doing my tests and update you guys about the results. Maybe someone else is having this issue.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Jan 2012   #19
writhziden

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by meuqsaco View Post

Yeah, it is. I've checked the compatibility list of manufacturer(MSI). If it is not the mobo, it must be the CPU. Anyway, I'll keep doing my tests and update you guys about the results. Maybe someone else is having this issue.
Appreciate that you are thinking of fellow users with similar issues. Good luck!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Jan 2012   #20
meuqsaco

Windows 7 64 Ultimate
 
 

One thing I noticed is that the GPU temprature is higher on this board. I'm not sure how the mobo could affect it, maybe the size of the heatsink? On the Asus mobo, the one close to the GPU is bigger.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Computer hard locks -




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Pc locks up and only responds from a hard reset
The issue started a few weeks ago when it seemed my HDD failed, sent it to a shop to be tested and repaired. Went through 2 HDDs before the 3rd 1 actually worked, that's the HDD i'm currently using ( ST1000DM 003-1CH162 SCSI Disk Drive ). It worked fine up until a few days ago when random screen...
Hardware & Devices
Hard drive light goes solid and computer locks up and freeze
Hi everyone for the last 2 days my computer has been locking up and freezing with the data light on the computer to go into a solid state . as for the locking up thing i mean it completley locks..mouse doesent move.. CTRL ALT DEL does nothing..only thing i can do is hit the power button...
General Discussion
Hard drive light goes solid red and computer locks up...
Hi everyone for the last 2 weeks or so my computer has been locking up and freezing with the data light on the computer to go into a solid state of red. i thought i had fixed it by trying a few other solutions i had found here on the net such as.... 1. re-applying thermal paste to CPU 2....
General Discussion
System Hard Locks for Gaming
Hi, I have been struggling with a problem with my pc for months now. The system is about 3months old and hard locks everytime I play games(eg COD4, BF:BC2). I have tried changing out the RAM modules to a different brand(G.Skill->Corsair) and this has made no difference. The system hard locks even...
BSOD Help and Support
Win 7 64 bit Hard-Locks constantly
Good Morning, sorry in advance for the long post. I recently did a clean install of Windows 64 bit (build 7100, no dual boot, wiped the HD clean) on the following system: Intel Quad Core Q6600 @ 2.4 GHz 4 GB Ram (2 x 2GB) 300 GB SATA HD Abit IP350 Pro Mobo (integrated Realtek RTL8169 PCI...
Installation & Setup
7 and ATI 4870x2 - Hard Locks
I originally did a clean install to a new HDD using 7, Microsoft's default drivers and ATI's 7 Beta graphics drivers, and the system randomly hard locks while gaming. Different games (WoW, The Witcher, Bioshock, etc) net the same result. Works very well for some random period of time. Then the...
Graphic Cards


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:58.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App