I am quite idealess, how to further analyze my notebook's problem.
Here are the specs:
- newly bought notebook (middle of december 2011)
- Acer Aspire 5755G
- comes with pre installed Windows Home Premium x64 (modded by Acer)
- these errors are present from the first day of use of notebook
The tests, what i performed:
- suspecting the WD hard drive (wdc wd7500bpvt-22hxzt3, WD Scorpio Blue), i analyzed it with Victoria (Hiren's Boot). Took more than 2 hours (750GB hdd), i had 1 error. I searched the net, but only found russian sites, where i used google translate and found out that 1 error of this kind should not cause problems. (Warning! Block start at 0 = 3468 ms)
- suspecting the RAM i analyzed it with MemTest 86. Took one hour, but completed all test, with no errors.
About the Operating System (timeline):
1. I used the deafult system with several bloatware (pre installed demo antivir, acer stuff, needless things) for about 2 weeks. Of course uninstalled those bloatware.
THERE WASN'T A SINGLE DAY WITHOUT BSOD'S or random system slowdowns.
2. Then, i thought, maybe the problem was that i uninstalled some necessary files, did not run registry clean, or maybe McAffee (pre installed antivir) left some dll-s or something. Alright, i downloaded a Windows Home Premium x64 from MSDN, burned it to DVD and installed with the serial key provided with the notebook. I ran windows update, so every driver and the Windows itself was up to date. Then, after the first power off (at night) and start (next day) the boot problems started again.
You see, ALMOST every start (usually cold start) cause rebooting 2 times before the login screen appears.
I used this OS for one week.
3. Among my friends there are much smarter people regarding OS-es or PCs than me, so i thought i take their suggestion and download an Enterprise edition. I want to state it now: i want to use my notebook with the provided, original OS, this is just for test.
Couple of days ago i installed this Windows 7 Enterprise SP1 on my notebook. 3 days ago to be more precise.
On the second day i booted my notebook in the morning and got 2 BSOD's on boot. One on the first boot, one on the second boot after restart. On third time i could finally log in.
Two days passed, and here i am.
About my OS usage:
- not big gamer
- use just a few software
- use this notebook for work, with CAD software (that is why i choose an i5 platform)
- use free software for other needs (Gimp, Irfanview, Notepad++, etc.)
- not using IE, using Firefox
- not surfing the net without any sense, not visiting warez or other "dangerous" sites
- never had a single virus probably thanks to the carefulness (yes, i used a couple antivirus programs, such as Avast, Kaspersky. My NOD32 license expired couple of months ago on my desktop pc, never had a virus.
This laptop was never on public wifi, because thanks to theese problems i can't rely on it, i'm not bring it with me, so i can't use it for what i bought it! So i wasted 1100$ for a piece of paperweight.
yes, i know there's a warranty for this product. But the thing is, if i give it to them, how can i proof it, that there is a hardware problem with it?
I send them the notebook, then i do not know wether thy try to service it or just send it back to me, stating it repaired and it is my fault to have theese errors, i am an incompetent and careless user, i deserve it. I don1t think that this fits on me.
Right now, when i made the system report, there is no antivirus on my system, i turned off win update (updated fully yesterday, but turned off the automatic update)
System report (as in the tutorial):
- i am from Hungary, so i ran the BSOD Dump & System File Collection app (EXE file) with hungarian MUI. But for the system report i changed it back for english.
- i made a video of system booting (with my original Home Premium) (turned off halt on BSOD, i forgot to reset it to halt... that is why it reboots instantly)
- i made some pictures about the errors, tests, etc.
- some BSODs what i met: c000021a,
0x000000F4, 0x0000007B, 0x0000006B and more
I hope i described my problem in enough detail for you, please help me figure out what is wrong with my notebook.
Thank you in advice!