Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: BSOD every day with different messages


23 Jan 2012   #1

Windows 7 64-bit Pro SP1
 
 
BSOD every day with different messages

I am not technical enough to understand the messages I get - they are quickly gone before the PC shuts down and then restarts each time.

I have zipped up the report and dump files - I would be eternally grateful if anyone can shed any light as to why this is happening to me!

System bought with Win 7 64-bit Pro SP1 as an OEM install and is about 6-months old. I have added a PCI-E USB card to add additional USB ports and a second hard drive. Running 8GB of Corsair RAM and BSOD happens at random times - from simple web browsing to web design sessions with several software packages open.

I cannot see a pattern to the shutdowns. Any help would be very welcome.

Thanks


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

23 Jan 2012   #2

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by cprice2437 View Post
I am not technical enough to understand the messages I get - they are quickly gone before the PC shuts down and then restarts each time.

I have zipped up the report and dump files - I would be eternally grateful if anyone can shed any light as to why this is happening to me!

System bought with Win 7 64-bit Pro SP1 as an OEM install and is about 6-months old. I have added a PCI-E USB card to add additional USB ports and a second hard drive. Running 8GB of Corsair RAM and BSOD happens at random times - from simple web browsing to web design sessions with several software packages open.

I cannot see a pattern to the shutdowns. Any help would be very welcome.

Thanks

Easy, this weas Related to fvevol.sys BitLocker Drive Encryption Driver from Microsoft Corporation

I would disable/remove it
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Jan 2012   #3

Windows 7 64-bit Pro SP1
 
 

How might I go about doing that? A search doesn't even find anything called fvevol.sys.

Looking at other threads about this, isn't fvevol.sys an essential system file?

CP
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


24 Jan 2012   #4

Windows 7 64-bit Pro SP1
 
 

It ahs taken me some time to find this file but now I have I cannot amend or delete it. I cannot change the permissions to be able to access control to effecft changes to this file - all alternate permissions (i.e. Full) are greyed-out. this is presumbaly the manufacturer doing this? Is there a way to override these permission issues?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Jan 2012   #5

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by cprice2437 View Post
How might I go about doing that? A search doesn't even find anything called fvevol.sys.

Looking at other threads about this, isn't fvevol.sys an essential system file?

CP
It is a system file used for bitlocker. If you disable bitlocker it wont cause your system to crash
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Jan 2012   #6

Windows 7 64-bit Pro SP1
 
 

Thanks but "bitlocker" is what exactly? And if the fvevol.sys file cannot be accessed or deleted by me then is there another way to do this? I have Admin rights but I cannot change these to system-builder or whatever higher level access needed to change the permissions on this file.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Thanks
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Jan 2012   #7

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by cprice2437 View Post
Thanks but "bitlocker" is what exactly? And if the fvevol.sys file cannot be accessed or deleted by me then is there another way to do this? I have Admin rights but I cannot change these to system-builder or whatever higher level access needed to change the permissions on this file.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Thanks

Sure the easiest way to ensure it wont load is to rename it. Change fvevol.sys to fvevol.bak in safe mode and it cant load.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BSOD every day with different messages




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: BSOD every day with different messages
Thread Forum
Solved BSOD with various messages BSOD Help and Support
Helo to send all fax messages without getting any error messages? Network & Sharing
BSOD: Many different messages BSOD Help and Support
Several and various BSOD messages BSOD Help and Support
BSOD various messages BSOD Help and Support
BSOD (many different messages) - please help! BSOD Help and Support
BSOD...several messages BSOD Help and Support

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:00 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33