Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: DXGMMS1.SYS Error Randomly Appears Only When Kaspersky Is Installed

24 Jan 2012   #1

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-Bit
 
 
DXGMMS1.SYS Error Randomly Appears Only When Kaspersky Is Installed

O.K everyone first of all thanks for the help in advance.

I am sick of this thing, I have been getting the BSOD with the DXGMMS1.SYS error for a few months, I have checked everything including Ram and overclocks, voltages etc...I even added lots of cooling and a new 1000 Watt PSU, anyway.

I finally figured out that what ever was happening was to do with Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 / 2012 either of them causes the error.

I had uninstalled that for a week and all was fine, thought id see if anything was working so installed it and the next day the same problems with the DXGMMS1.SYS comes Up.

Anyone with any ideas?

Quote:
==================================================
Dump File : 012412-25771-01.dmp
Crash Time : 24/01/2012 13:32:52
Bug Check String : KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
Bug Check Code : 0x1000008e
Parameter 1 : 0xc0000005
Parameter 2 : 0x827b96bc
Parameter 3 : 0x830d1b00
Parameter 4 : 0x00000000
Caused By Driver : dxgmms1.sys
Caused By Address : dxgmms1.sys+1d6bc
File Description : DirectX Graphics MMS
Product Name : Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Company : Microsoft Corporation
File Version : 6.1.7601.17554 (win7sp1_gdr.110202-1504)
Processor : 32-bit
Crash Address : dxgmms1.sys+1d6bc
Stack Address 1 : dxgmms1.sys+1df53
Stack Address 2 : dxgmms1.sys+132b
Stack Address 3 : dxgkrnl.sys+27491
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\Windows\Minidump\012412-25771-01.dmp
Processors Count : 4
Major Version : 15
Minor Version : 7601
Dump File Size : 143,448
The above is what the BlueScreenViewer tells me.

Appreciate any help guys.

Thanks


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

24 Jan 2012   #2

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by 121man View Post
O.K everyone first of all thanks for the help in advance.

I am sick of this thing, I have been getting the BSOD with the DXGMMS1.SYS error for a few months, I have checked everything including Ram and overclocks, voltages etc...I even added lots of cooling and a new 1000 Watt PSU, anyway.

I finally figured out that what ever was happening was to do with Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 / 2012 either of them causes the error.

I had uninstalled that for a week and all was fine, thought id see if anything was working so installed it and the next day the same problems with the DXGMMS1.SYS comes Up.

Anyone with any ideas?

Quote:
==================================================
Dump File : 012412-25771-01.dmp
Crash Time : 24/01/2012 13:32:52
Bug Check String : KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
Bug Check Code : 0x1000008e
Parameter 1 : 0xc0000005
Parameter 2 : 0x827b96bc
Parameter 3 : 0x830d1b00
Parameter 4 : 0x00000000
Caused By Driver : dxgmms1.sys
Caused By Address : dxgmms1.sys+1d6bc
File Description : DirectX Graphics MMS
Product Name : Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Company : Microsoft Corporation
File Version : 6.1.7601.17554 (win7sp1_gdr.110202-1504)
Processor : 32-bit
Crash Address : dxgmms1.sys+1d6bc
Stack Address 1 : dxgmms1.sys+1df53
Stack Address 2 : dxgmms1.sys+132b
Stack Address 3 : dxgkrnl.sys+27491
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\Windows\Minidump\012412-25771-01.dmp
Processors Count : 4
Major Version : 15
Minor Version : 7601
Dump File Size : 143,448
The above is what the BlueScreenViewer tells me.

Appreciate any help guys.

Thanks
A-Kaspersky is known to cause BSOD's

B-It is a memory exception but we need the actual DMP file to be specific

C-generic support for DirectX
Diagnosing basic problems with DirectX


These crashes were caused by memory corruption (probably a driver).
Please run these two tests to verify your memory and find which driver is causing the problem.
If you are overclocking anything reset to default before running these tests.
In other words STOP!!!


1-Memtest.
Quote:
*Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder or another ISO burning program. Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

*Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5 or 6 passes.

Just remember, any time Memtest reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad motherboard slot.

Test the sticks individually, and if you find a good one, test it in all slots.

Any errors are indicative of a memory problem.

If a known good stick fails in a motherboard slot it is probably the slot.

RAM - Test with Memtest86+



2-Driver verifier

Quote:
Using Driver Verifier is an iffy proposition. Most times it'll crash and it'll tell you what the driver is. But sometimes it'll crash and won't tell you the driver. Other times it'll crash before you can log in to Windows. If you can't get to Safe Mode, then you'll have to resort to offline editing of the registry to disable Driver Verifier.

So, I'd suggest that you first backup your stuff and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Windows 7 Startup Repair feature).

Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Special Pool", "Force Pending I/O Requests" and "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen. Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly. The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out. If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation (an estimate on my part).

Reboot into Windows (after the crash) and turn off Driver Verifier by going back in and selecting "Delete existing settings" on the first page, then locate and zip up the memory dump file and upload it with your next post.

If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.

If that doesn't work, post back and we'll have to see about fixing the registry entry off-line:
Code:
Delete these registry keys to stop Driver Verifier from loading (works in XP, Vista, Windows 7):
        HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management\VerifyDrivers
        HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management\VerifyDriverLevel
Using Driver Verifier to identify issues with Windows drivers for advanced users
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Jan 2012   #3

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-Bit
 
 
DXGMMS1.SYS Error Randomly Appears Only When Kaspersky Is Installed

O.K guys thanks for all the input, I will try the memtests again, but I tried both memories in separately and in different slots and had the same problem before.

Only way I got things stable was without Kaspersky installed on my system at all.

I have attached the dump in zip.

Thanks so much guys
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


24 Jan 2012   #4

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by 121man View Post
O.K guys thanks for all the input, I will try the memtests again, but I tried both memories in separately and in different slots and had the same problem before.

Only way I got things stable was without Kaspersky installed on my system at all.

I have attached the dump in zip.

Thanks so much guys

Still memory exception. Kaspersky is still installed (see snip)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Jan 2012   #5

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-Bit
 
 

That's because I left it installed now, just incase you come up with something. But as soon as I uninstall all is fine. Everything was perfect for a whole week with no Kaspersky but a day after re-installation same BSOD


Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by 121man View Post
O.K guys thanks for all the input, I will try the memtests again, but I tried both memories in separately and in different slots and had the same problem before.

Only way I got things stable was without Kaspersky installed on my system at all.

I have attached the dump in zip.

Thanks so much guys

Still memory exception. Kaspersky is still installed (see snip)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Jan 2012   #6

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by 121man View Post
That's because I left it installed now, just incase you come up with something. But as soon as I uninstall all is fine. Everything was perfect for a whole week with no Kaspersky but a day after re-installation same BSOD


Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by 121man View Post
O.K guys thanks for all the input, I will try the memtests again, but I tried both memories in separately and in different slots and had the same problem before.

Only way I got things stable was without Kaspersky installed on my system at all.

I have attached the dump in zip.

Thanks so much guys

Still memory exception. Kaspersky is still installed (see snip)
We dont have a canned speech specifically for Kaspersky for nothing. It is one of the three most frequently malware causing BSOD's.

Kaspersky, McAffee, Symantec.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 DXGMMS1.SYS Error Randomly Appears Only When Kaspersky Is Installed




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: DXGMMS1.SYS Error Randomly Appears Only When Kaspersky Is Installed
Thread Forum
BSOD dxgmms1.sys randomly BSOD Help and Support
Solved BSOD appears randomly BSOD Help and Support
why my kaspersky internet security 2013 can't be installed System Security
Solved New PC - BSOD appears randomly BSOD Help and Support
Computer randomly crashing (ntoskrnl.exe, atikmdag.sys, dxgmms1.sys) BSOD Help and Support
dxgmms1.sys BSOD happens randomly. BSOD Help and Support
How to installed kaspersky and trend micro in one PC Installation & Setup

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:55 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33