Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Occasional BSOD after bios update

25 Jan 2012   #1
24jelmer

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bits
 
 
Occasional BSOD after bios update

Ever since I updated my bios after being advised to by a Ubisoft employee, my system occasionally crashes to a BSOD. Sometimes it happens twice a day, sometimes not for a week. I'm not sure what's causing it, but I'm rather bumped, because I love my current system. I do not know how to solve this problem so maybe you guy's can help me.

Attached you find my BSOD file (the health report is in Dutch, but hopefully you can manage).

My system specs:

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit; Full retail version installed this a half year ago.
The original windows was Vista, 32 bit which in turn was updated to 7, 32 bit. After installing extra ram I switched to 64.

The system is three years old, the OS, as mentioned, a half year old.

Hope you can help.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
25 Jan 2012   #2
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by 24jelmer View Post
Ever since I updated my bios after being advised to by a Ubisoft employee, my system occasionally crashes to a BSOD. Sometimes it happens twice a day, sometimes not for a week. I'm not sure what's causing it, but I'm rather bumped, because I love my current system. I do not know how to solve this problem so maybe you guy's can help me.

Attached you find my BSOD file (the health report is in Dutch, but hopefully you can manage).

My system specs:

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit; Full retail version installed this a half year ago.
The original windows was Vista, 32 bit which in turn was updated to 7, 32 bit. After installing extra ram I switched to 64.

The system is three years old, the OS, as mentioned, a half year old.

Hope you can help.
Memory exception probably caused by your Symantec.

Symantec is a frequent cause of BSOD's. I would remove and replace it with Microsoft Security Essentials AT LEAST TO TEST



http://us.norton.com/support/kb/web_...080710133834EN


Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Jan 2012   #3
24jelmer

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bits
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by 24jelmer View Post
Ever since I updated my bios after being advised to by a Ubisoft employee, my system occasionally crashes to a BSOD. Sometimes it happens twice a day, sometimes not for a week. I'm not sure what's causing it, but I'm rather bumped, because I love my current system. I do not know how to solve this problem so maybe you guy's can help me.

Attached you find my BSOD file (the health report is in Dutch, but hopefully you can manage).

My system specs:

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit; Full retail version installed this a half year ago.
The original windows was Vista, 32 bit which in turn was updated to 7, 32 bit. After installing extra ram I switched to 64.

The system is three years old, the OS, as mentioned, a half year old.

Hope you can help.
Memory exception probably caused by your Symantec.

Symantec is a frequent cause of BSOD's. I would remove and replace it with Microsoft Security Essentials AT LEAST TO TEST



http://us.norton.com/support/kb/web_...080710133834EN


Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows
Wouldn't that have caused BSOD's before my bios update as well?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

25 Jan 2012   #4
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by 24jelmer View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by 24jelmer View Post
Ever since I updated my bios after being advised to by a Ubisoft employee, my system occasionally crashes to a BSOD. Sometimes it happens twice a day, sometimes not for a week. I'm not sure what's causing it, but I'm rather bumped, because I love my current system. I do not know how to solve this problem so maybe you guy's can help me.

Attached you find my BSOD file (the health report is in Dutch, but hopefully you can manage).

My system specs:

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit; Full retail version installed this a half year ago.
The original windows was Vista, 32 bit which in turn was updated to 7, 32 bit. After installing extra ram I switched to 64.

The system is three years old, the OS, as mentioned, a half year old.

Hope you can help.
Memory exception probably caused by your Symantec.

Symantec is a frequent cause of BSOD's. I would remove and replace it with Microsoft Security Essentials AT LEAST TO TEST



http://us.norton.com/support/kb/web_...080710133834EN


Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows
Wouldn't that have caused BSOD's before my bios update as well?
BSOD's are always a combination of things not one single thing. We can just remove the most obvious causes and hope the other factors dont keep causing them.

Something cahnged for the BSOD's to start. Symantec by itself may have been fine (and may have for ever if nothing changed) but something in the mix did.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Occasional BSOD after bios update




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
BSOD 0x00000124 after BIOS update on Gigabyte H87-UD3
Hello everyone, I built some months ago a new desktop computer. But I got some different BSOD. So, I tried to fix them by updating drivers, testing RAM with Memtest, testing Hard Drive and use MalwareByte to find threats. But I still have the problem. Yesterday, I found on Gigabyte website that...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD Installing new BIOS update FFFFF880099005C4
I just installed new bios drivers, everything is fine but when the computer restarts the only bootable device is my second hard drive that I use for storage only. I choose this as my SSD (windows installed on) is not shown, I get this error when I start the computer, can't remember what it said...
BSOD Help and Support
Windows update repeatedly fails; occasional BSOD Stop error 0x0093
I'm new to posting on these boards but I'm going to do my best to follow all the guidelines. I ask your forgiveness in advance, just in case. I wasn't able to use the system specs tool because it says .NET won't install. I found that interesting since I believe .NET to be the root of my problems....
Windows Updates & Activation
Problems with Nvidia gpu post BIOS system BIOS update.
Hello all, this is my first time posting here so please forgive any mistakes/oversights. I've just updated my Samsung laptop's system BIOS via their software update program, and my Nvidia GPU (GT 650m DDR3) no longer seems to work. The Nvidia control panel is still there, and it still gives me...
Graphic Cards
BSOD after Asrock Bios update Fvevol
hi guys, I was having latency problems with my new RME HDSPe AIO and Asrock told me to update the bios. Just had a blue screen here is the BSOD info,any help would be greatly appreciated. I said the fvevol.sys driver is to blame,at a loss,things just went from bad to really bad! thanks, G
BSOD Help and Support
Occasional BSOD and reboot. Boot Drive not seen in BIOS
Good Evening all, Hopefully one of you can provide me some direction that I'm currently lacking. I built my own HTPC a few weeks ago (specs at the end of the post), and it's been running alright except for a problem that has come up twice in the past week. The first time I directly observed...I was...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:18.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App