Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: BSOD on every startup with fresh install of Windows 7

06 Feb 2012   #1
jaxter9000

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 
BSOD on every startup with fresh install of Windows 7

Some background: I accidentally wiped my hard drive over the weekend (thankfully I backed most of my homework up). I had been experiencing startup issues and was playing around with the hard drive configurations. I know what went wrong - I was trying to put my SSD back into RAID mode and it accidentally put my main drive into RAID mode. When I reverted my main drive back to non-RAID mode, it was wiped. So I had re-installed Windows 7 and am still having problems.

My computer has been getting multiples errors when I attempt to start it (they have all been different each time, next time it happens I will write it down). Sometimes it's a Blue Screen of Death, sometimes a Black Screen of Death Startup repair usually can't fix the problem, but when I restart the computer and tell it to start Windows normally, it usually works.

I tried using SFC and it told me "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them." CBS log, dump files, and system health report are attached. System specs are



What is the age of system (hardware) - A few months

What is the age of OS installation
(have you re-installed the OS?) -This installation is only a few days old

OS Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit (OEM)
CPU Intel i7 2600k Sandy Bridge
Motherboard GIGABYTE GA-Z68XP-UD3 R
Memory (4 GB x 2) G.SKILL F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL
Graphics Card(s) ATI Radeon HD 6950
Monitor(s) Displays 21.5'' ASUS VE228H RT
Screen Resolution 1920 x 1080
Hard Drives 1 TB SAMSUNG HD103SJ
PSU Corsair CMPSU-750AX 750W RT


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
06 Feb 2012   #2
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Did you run sfc /scannow three times at least?

Was the OS a clean install?


Did you do anything to the winSxS folder?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Feb 2012   #3
JMH

Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit. SP1.
 
 

> Having poured over the "stuff" you uploaded IMHO you have a mess there.

Refer...
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...=vs.85%29.aspx


> You would benefit greatly from a Clean Install asap.

Clean Install Windows 7


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

06 Feb 2012   #4
jaxter9000

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post

Did you run sfc /scannow three times at least?

Was the OS a clean install?
?

Did you do anything to the winSxS folder?
I have only ran sfc once

How do I tell if it was a clean install?

I didn't change the winSxS folder to my knowledge.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JMH View Post
> Having poured over the "stuff" you uploaded IMHO you have a mess there. -

Refer...
Bug Check 0xC0000221: STATUS_IMAGE_CHECKSUM_MISMATCH


> You would benefit greatly from a Clean Install asap.

Clean Install Windows 7


A mess? Oh great

So the microsoft link is telling me to do "You can also run an in-place upgrade over the existing copy of Windows. " I'm guessing this means a repair install. I tried to do this, but I get this message (picture attached in this post). I have 874 GB free on my hard drive but it says it cannot find 829 mb of free space.

I'll likely do a clean install next when I get the time - probably this weekend. Should I do anything to my BIOS such as restore all settings to factory originals before I do so?

Thanks for the help guys, please keep me posted if there's anything else I should do!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Feb 2012   #5
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jaxter9000 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post

Did you run sfc /scannow three times at least?

Was the OS a clean install?
?

Did you do anything to the winSxS folder?
I have only ran sfc once Run it two more times at least and let us know if it finds errors.

How do I tell if it was a clean install? did you format/delete the OS partition?

I didn't change the winSxS folder to my knowledge. Your log is showing these problems.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JMH View Post
> Having poured over the "stuff" you uploaded IMHO you have a mess there. -

Refer...
Bug Check 0xC0000221: STATUS_IMAGE_CHECKSUM_MISMATCH


> You would benefit greatly from a Clean Install asap.

Clean Install Windows 7


A mess? Oh great No worries we will get it sorted out.

So the microsoft link is telling me to do "You can also run an in-place upgrade over the existing copy of Windows. " I'm guessing this means a repair install. I tried to do this, but I get this message (picture attached in this post). I have 874 GB fre on my hard drive but it says it cannot find 829 mb of free space. Can we get a snip of your drive setup?

I'll likely do a clean install next when I get the time - probably this weekend. Should I do anything to my BIOS such as restore all settings to factory originals before I do so? Have you changed "stuff" in BIOS (ie like overclocking, undervolting, etc)?

Thanks for the help guys, please keep me posted if there's anything else I should do!

Let us know if we can be of help.

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Feb 2012   #6
jaxter9000

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jaxter9000 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post

Did you run sfc /scannow three times at least?

Was the OS a clean install?
?

Did you do anything to the winSxS folder?
I have only ran sfc once Run it two more times at least and let us know if it finds errors.

How do I tell if it was a clean install? did you format/delete the OS partition?

I didn't change the winSxS folder to my knowledge. Your log is showing these problems.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JMH View Post
> Having poured over the "stuff" you uploaded IMHO you have a mess there. -

Refer...
Bug Check 0xC0000221: STATUS_IMAGE_CHECKSUM_MISMATCH


> You would benefit greatly from a Clean Install asap.

Clean Install Windows 7


A mess? Oh great No worries we will get it sorted out.

So the microsoft link is telling me to do "You can also run an in-place upgrade over the existing copy of Windows. " I'm guessing this means a repair install. I tried to do this, but I get this message (picture attached in this post). I have 874 GB fre on my hard drive but it says it cannot find 829 mb of free space. Can we get a snip of your drive setup?

I'll likely do a clean install next when I get the time - probably this weekend. Should I do anything to my BIOS such as restore all settings to factory originals before I do so? Have you changed "stuff" in BIOS (ie like overclocking, undervolting, etc)?

Thanks for the help guys, please keep me posted if there's anything else I should do!

Let us know if we can be of help.

Ken
Run it two more times at least and let us know if it finds errors. - I'll be sure to do this tomorrow.

did you format/delete the OS partition?
- How do I tell which occurred?

Can we get a snip of your drive setup? - What do you mean by this? How would I go about doing this?

Have you changed "stuff" in BIOS (ie like overclocking, undervolting, etc)? - Well, I bought an SSD and got it into RAID mode for caching. The caching system worked for a while, but then it failed. Additionally, I had my main hard drive as "accelerated." I didn't overclock my GPU or CPU though. I can't remember exactly what I did in the BIOS because I had some friend help me with it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Feb 2012   #7
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Let us know the results of the SFC's

Doesn't matter which (formatting/deleting partition) as long as one was done.

Type disk management in search and use snipping tool (type snipping tool) to make snip (see enclosed sample)


Yes return everything in BIOS to default.


You might also want to give us event viewer logs.



{Instructions courtesy of writhziden}

Click Start Menu
Type eventvwr into Search programs and files (do not hit enter)
Right click eventvwr.exe and click Run as administrator
Expand Custom Views
Click Administrative Events
Right click Administrative Events
Save all Events in Custom View As...
Save them in a folder where you will remember which folder and save as Errors.evtx
Go to where you saved Errors.evtx
Right click Errors.evtx -> send to -> compressed (zipped) folder
Upload the .zip file here.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Feb 2012   #8
jaxter9000

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

Here are the Errors file and the Disk Management picture. I'll do some more SFC and reset BIOS when I have a little more time, probably on the weekend.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BSOD on every startup with fresh install of Windows 7




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Windows reboot at startup even after fresh install
A month ago, my Win8 PC got stuck while working, so I had to reboot. After I turn it on, Windows couldnt get started, even after it tried to repair itself, It said that it couldnt fix it. I waited a few hours, and It finally got past the Windows loading screen. It worked fine till a week ago, when...
General Discussion
BSOD after fresh install of windows
Hello guys ive been having issues for quite a while now and ive been trying to solve this matter but so far ive only failed.. Ive ran memtest86 4.0a and i found several million errors. So i scanned through 1 and 1 ramslot to try to determine which ram was giving the errors, this only resulted...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD Before and after fresh windows install
I have had this computer about a month now, and recently It blue screens, sometimes when gaming, sometimes doing nothing. Problem signature Problem Event Name: BlueScreen OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3 Locale ID: 1033 Here is the message it gave me Extra information about the...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD on fresh install Windows 7
Hey guys, I built my PC from all new parts about 3-4 months ago, but from the get go it would intermittently blue screen, it settled down a month or two later but not sure why. Two days ago I wiped and formatted my drive and did a clean install of 7 as I was having unrelated issues I couldn't...
BSOD Help and Support
Windows 7 Pro x64 hangs during startup even after fresh install
Hello, I'm having a problem with a computer that I've had for a while now. It's a custom build that's several years old, but I have recently changed out the CPU and fan, video card, and hard drive all within the last year. The operating system, Windows 7 Professional x64, was installed by me almost...
Performance & Maintenance
Random BSOD - Fresh install, fresh system
Hi. I have installed a whole new windows 7 pro x64. My new mobo an ASus p5e3 pro along with new ram pc12800 gskill 2x2 ddr3 (running in 1066mhz due to my q6600) Everythingi s running perfectly...except some random BSOD. 4 total this week. I have posted a pack of dump file in here, the last 4...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:41.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App