Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: BSOD - Please help me get to the bottom of this.

11 Feb 2012   #1
wungchow

Windows 7 Pro x64
 
 
BSOD - Please help me get to the bottom of this.

Only thing I have yet to try is reformatting with a clean install of windows 7. I feel the problem is either a driver one or a overclocking incompatibility, I've tested with memtest and furmark and heaven and other temperatures and they seem normal. Had slight smell of burning ever since I got this new rig, although since it's subtle I assume it's normal, my room is quite damp although I open the window every now and then.

PC has bsod after about an hour into playing games, and the problem was made worse when I played with monitor in 120hz, was more stable at 60hz. Havent bsod for a bit now, may be because I have got rid of the preoverclocked settings in bios, if i remember correctly. dump files are attached!
Still getting the odd error in event viewr.

(Why did I have to try and build a pc!)


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
11 Feb 2012   #2
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Your upload contains no DMP files please try this method

We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

If you are overclocking STOP

You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:
Quote:
* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:
Quote:
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Feb 2012   #3
wungchow

Windows 7 Pro x64
 
 

when copied my minidump folder, it appears to be empty? Or are there hidden files.
edit: it has a lock symbol on the folder is that normal
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

12 Feb 2012   #4
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by wungchow View Post
when copied my minidump folder, it appears to be empty? Or are there hidden files.
edit: it has a lock symbol on the folder is that normal

It is normal

There are several reasons that may prevent you from having a DMP file in the usual places.

If you control panel is not configured for small dump you probably will then find it in C:\windows and it will be called MEMORY.dmp. It will overwrite every crash.

Other reasons are if you have UAC turned off, if you have a small page file, or a page file on a different HD than the OS.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Feb 2012   #5
wungchow

Windows 7 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by wungchow View Post
when copied my minidump folder, it appears to be empty? Or are there hidden files.
edit: it has a lock symbol on the folder is that normal

It is normal

There are several reasons that may prevent you from having a DMP file in the usual places.

If you control panel is not configured for small dump you probably will then find it in C:\windows and it will be called MEMORY.dmp. It will overwrite every crash.

Other reasons are if you have UAC turned off, if you have a small page file, or a page file on a different HD than the OS.
That file is not there >.<

I have 2 critical errors showing up in Event Viewer as DriverFrameworks-UserMode id: 10110 and 10111 and various other errors but I assume the critical ones are the problem?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Feb 2012   #6
wungchow

Windows 7 Pro x64
 
 

no more help? you fresh out bro?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Mar 2012   #7
writhziden

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
 
 

If you are still having trouble, I will have to ask for the information again. Unfortunately, your files were lost in a server crash a few weeks ago...

Please provide us with your Event Viewer administrative logs by following these steps:
  1. Click Start Menu
  2. Type eventvwr into Search programs and files (do not hit enter)
  3. Right click eventvwr.exe and click Run as administrator
  4. Expand Custom Views
  5. Click Administrative Events
  6. Right click Administrative Events
  7. Save all Events in Custom View As...
  8. Save them in a folder where you will remember which folder and save as Errors.evtx
  9. Go to where you saved Errors.evtx
  10. Right click Errors.evtx -> send to -> compressed (zipped) folder
  11. Upload the .zip file here.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Mar 2012   #8
wungchow

Windows 7 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by writhziden View Post
If you are still having trouble, I will have to ask for the information again. Unfortunately, your files were lost in a server crash a few weeks ago...

Please provide us with your Event Viewer administrative logs by following these steps:
  1. Click Start Menu
  2. Type eventvwr into Search programs and files (do not hit enter)
  3. Right click eventvwr.exe and click Run as administrator
  4. Expand Custom Views
  5. Click Administrative Events
  6. Right click Administrative Events
  7. Save all Events in Custom View As...
  8. Save them in a folder where you will remember which folder and save as Errors.evtx
  9. Go to where you saved Errors.evtx
  10. Right click Errors.evtx -> send to -> compressed (zipped) folder
  11. Upload the .zip file here.
kk here you go
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Mar 2012   #9
writhziden

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
 
 

You may have a corrupted user account: Fix a corrupted user profile


Also, Sound Recorder is displaying many errors. Uninstall and re-install the software.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Mar 2012   #10
wungchow

Windows 7 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by writhziden View Post
You may have a corrupted user account: Fix a corrupted user profile


Also, Sound Recorder is displaying many errors. Uninstall and re-install the software.
would you suggest that i just reformat, it sounds easier
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BSOD - Please help me get to the bottom of this.




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Menu Bar and Bar at bottom
I had lost my menu bar and bar across the bottom of IE 10. I got the menu bar back but can't figure out how to get bar on bottom. How do I do that? Thanks
General Discussion
PC tower PSU top or bottom?
I have a Xigamatek CPC-T45UB-U01 Asgard Chassis tower where the PSU is a top mount. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Xigmatek-CPC-T45UB-U01-Xigamatek-Asgard-Chassis/dp/B002T3D71U/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1320680271&sr=8-3 Does it make a big difference when the PSU is mounted at the top or bottom?. I...
Hardware & Devices
Taskbar always on bottom
anyone remember the "always on top" option on the windows XP's taskbar option ? so when you uncheck that option , the taskbar will always on the bottom of other windows. is there any way i can do that in windows 7 ?
Customization
Taskbar on bottom?
A lot of the programs I use have this glitch where when they open, they open below the taskbar, and they're stuck. Is there a way to fix this, possibly by making the taskbar below everything? ~Joshua~
General Discussion
Problem seeing bottom ??
I'm using Firefox and on several programs where I need to get to the bottom of the screen to say, a print bottom, I can't. Right now I have just finished my income tax using H&R Block and I can't print out the results. I can't move the screen up enough to see the print button. Since it has...
General Discussion
what is that bar called across the bottom.
the one that looks like its from mac?? whats it called and how do i get it.
Customization


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:27.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App