I have a m4a78te motherboard,
2 Graphics cards AMD 6850 (Crossfired)
1100 Watt Power supply.
8 gb Gskill ram
Is Windows 7 . . .
- the original installed OS on the system?
No, freshly installed (1 month ago)
- an OEM or full retail version?
Windows 7 home edition x64 purchased from a retailer. I built the PC myself and installed windows myself
- What is the age of system (hardware)?
1 year old
- What is the age of OS installation (have you re-installed the OS?)
My CPU acts like clockwork when it crashes. Same steps for the type of crash
1) When computer is cold. First time start of the day. System crashes when gaming BSOD error (no specific error code)
2) Reboot 6 or 7 times
3) Computer POSTS but does not load windows
4) Reboot 5 or 6 times
5) Computer loads windows
6) Play a game (just cause 2)
7) System crashes (Bug code USB driver error)
8) After the second crash. System seems to work fine (see below)
This has happened 3 days in a row now. Weirdest part is, after the CPU has warmed up (on for like a half hour) CPU doesn't crash all day (left it on one time for 2 days straight with a game playing)
Been a tech guy for a while, built this PC myself and I am so perplexed about what is going on. Please help and let me know if you need any more system information.
I believe this to be a hardware issue, most likey from the motherboard. I just woud appreciate a second opinion.
It's worth mentioning that I had both graphics cards removed and was using the onboard graphics card from the motherboard and the CPU wouldn't start (only after like 5 or 6 reboots).
I have updated the BIOS, drivers and anything I could possibly think of to update.