· OS: Windows 7SP1
· 64 bit
· XP 32 bit. Has since had the drive reformatted.
· The Operating System was a student upgrade version but is now a full retail version (I called Microsoft Support a while back)
· System is approximately 1 and a half years old (Graphics card only seven months) It is self-built.
· OS is seven months old. I reinstalled the OS MORE TIMES THAN I CAN COUNT (what prompted me to call MS) but the BSODs persisted.
· AMD Phenom II X2 555 Black Edition
· XFX Radeon 6870 1GB
· ASUS M4A88T-M AM3 AMD 880G
· XFX 550W Core Edition
Virus Software: Malware Bytes Anti-Malware AND MSE OFC CPU-Z Validator 3.1
(For a little more information)
I was receiving constant blue screens throughout the month of December, and after having replaced my HDD and RAM (which didn't fix the problem) I RMA'd my processor back to AMD. I received the new processor in early January and went a full month without any problems. As of a few days ago the bluescreens have returned in full force.
At this point I'm thinking it's a problem with the motherboard. But I'm posting here to make sure before I try to RMA something again.
While I wait for a reply I will run memtest and a HDD diagnostic.
EDIT: Also, I think it's worth noting that motherboard does not seem to be able to provide a steady current to the Vcore. If I set the Vcore to 1.35, it will fluctuate between 1.32-1.35.