Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: BSOD Seem to happen only when Shutting down or logging off - ntkrnlmp

22 Feb 2012   #1
Magoo

Window 7 x64
 
 
BSOD Seem to happen only when Shutting down or logging off - ntkrnlmp

Windows 7 x64 Fully updated. System has passed 8 hours of memtest with no errors. Have run CHKDSK /F on all the drives. When I hit shutdown or log off about once every 3-5 days I get this BSOD ntkrnlmp.exe

Thanks for your guys help!

Magoo


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
22 Feb 2012   #2
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Magoo View Post
Windows 7 x64 Fully updated. System has passed 8 hours of memtest with no errors. Have run CHKDSK /F on all the drives. When I hit shutdown or log off about once every 3-5 days I get this BSOD ntkrnlmp.exe

Thanks for your guys help!

Magoo
Memory mangement probably cuased by a driver. I suspect this one. Related to SSPORT.sys 32bit Port Contention Driver from Samsung Electronics. I would remove or update to test.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Feb 2012   #3
Magoo

Window 7 x64
 
 

Thanks, I'm unsure how to uninstall since I don't have anything Samsung installed and not sure what hardware would have installed it? Only thing I can think of is can't remember the brand USB to Serial port adapter. Also I used to have a Samsung Laser Printer, but stopped using it over a year ago and uninstalled the driver software from the Control Panel

EDIT: Stopped it with Autoruns and also renamed it to .BAK
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

22 Feb 2012   #4
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Magoo View Post
Thanks, I'm unsure how to uninstall since I don't have anything Samsung installed and not sure what hardware would have installed it? Only thing I can think of is can't remember the brand USB to Serial port adapter. Also I used to have a Samsung Laser Printer, but stopped using it over a year ago and uninstalled the driver software from the Control Panel

EDIT: Stopped it with Autoruns and also renamed it to .BAK
If nothing is using it you can simply rename it to *.bak so it cant load.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Feb 2012   #5
Magoo

Window 7 x64
 
 

Already done, I will report back if I get another BSOD, Thanks for your help!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Feb 2012   #6
Magoo

Window 7 x64
 
 

Just got a scsiport.sys BSOD, Did not create a .dmp file, Not sure why?
Code:
Log Name:      System
Source:        Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
Date:          2/24/2012 6:54:11 AM
Event ID:      41
Task Category: (63)
Level:         Critical
Keywords:      (2)
User:          SYSTEM
Computer:      Antares
Description:
The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}" />
    <EventID>41</EventID>
    <Version>2</Version>
    <Level>1</Level>
    <Task>63</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x8000000000000002</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2012-02-24T12:54:11.350010300Z" />
    <EventRecordID>429315</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />
    <Channel>System</Channel>
    <Computer>Antares</Computer>
    <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data Name="BugcheckCode">0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="SleepInProgress">true</Data>
    <Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Feb 2012   #7
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Magoo View Post
Just got a scsiport.sys BSOD, Did not create a .dmp file, Not sure why?
Code:
Log Name:      System
Source:        Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
Date:          2/24/2012 6:54:11 AM
Event ID:      41
Task Category: (63)
Level:         Critical
Keywords:      (2)
User:          SYSTEM
Computer:      Antares
Description:
The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}" />
    <EventID>41</EventID>
    <Version>2</Version>
    <Level>1</Level>
    <Task>63</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x8000000000000002</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2012-02-24T12:54:11.350010300Z" />
    <EventRecordID>429315</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />
    <Channel>System</Channel>
    <Computer>Antares</Computer>
    <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data Name="BugcheckCode">0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="SleepInProgress">true</Data>
    <Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>
If there is no dmp upload the event viewer log. What makes you think it is scsiport.sys?

Please provide us with your Event Viewer administrative logs by following these steps:


Click Start Menu
Type eventvwr into Search programs and files (do not hit enter)
Right click eventvwr.exe and click Run as administrator
Expand Custom Views
Click Administrative Events
Right click Administrative Events
Save all Events in Custom View As...
Save them in a folder where you will remember which folder and save as Errors.evtx
Go to where you saved Errors.evtx
Right click Errors.evtx -> send to -> compressed (zipped) folder
Upload the .zip file here.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Feb 2012   #8
Magoo

Window 7 x64
 
 

Mentioned the SCSIport.sys because that's what it was saying on the Blue Screen when it happened.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Feb 2012   #9
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Magoo View Post
Mentioned the SCSIport.sys because that's what it was saying on the Blue Screen when it happened.
Nope

First


Session "Circular Kernel Context Logger" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000035 Of the 2736 errors this is the most frequent


Second
From 2/6

The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk7\DR7.


Third


The description for Event ID 9 from source iaStor cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\Ide\iaStor0


Fourth
The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk9\DR13.


Fifth
The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk9\DR13.


Sixth
The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk7\DR18.


Many many more

Seems you do have a lot of HD errors.

I would suggest chkdsk on them all

If the Hd's pass then I would start looking at the controllers
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Feb 2012   #10
Magoo

Window 7 x64
 
 

All those HDD errors are when I either plug in or unplug a external USB HDD or Flash Drive. DR7 is a external USB drive that is hooked up 24/7 that Acronis write an image to every day. The higher number ones are USB stick's, Just for fun did another chkdsk on all the internal drives and all are fine. Every time I use a usb flash drive , I get one of those errors. Thanks for your help!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BSOD Seem to happen only when Shutting down or logging off - ntkrnlmp




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Windows hangs on logging off/shutting down
Exactly what the title says. Also I'm not sure if this is related but every time I try to make a restore point it says "Shadow copy timed out". It started doing this like a few days ago and I've successfully made several restore points before this. However, now it says that I only have one restore...
General Discussion
BSOD cause by ntkrnlmp.exe
I keep getting periodic BSODs. All the hardware is brand new, except the hard drives. I've updated all drivers, and I've run Memtest86, which found no errors. I've also done complete disk checks on all hard drives. If someone could help me out here, I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance!...
BSOD Help and Support
Logging Off/Shutting Down Forever...
Keep trying to turn my laptop off and it keeps saying either 'Logging Off' or 'Shutting Down' forever until i manually turn off my laptop by using the power button. Anyone know why this is happening???????
General Discussion
bsod ntkrnlmp.exe
bsod when exit games windows 7 home premium x64 OEM DualCore Intel Core i3 330M, 2133 MHz (16 x 133) TOSHIBA Satellite L650 4GB ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 (1024 MB) Age of system and OS 7 days(new laptop) BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff80002c8477e, fffff88008768e40, 0} Probably caused by...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD - ntkrnlmp.exe
Thank you all in advance... So a little background. I built this computer a month or two ago. Everything was fine, games like Supreme Commander were running great, but I wanted to change up my partitions and hard drives (go figure). I moved both of my drives off the 6Mb/s SATA connections...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD ntkrnlmp.exe ??? HELP!
Hello all, first time poster. I tried using the search method but didn't find any solutions to my problem. I was a long time Vista user with no BSOD issues, since buying the HP DV4-2040US (Win7 64) in October my machine has crashed almost two dozen times, no exaggeration. Each time WinDbg shows...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:48.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App