Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: BSOD when I plug in a usb

28 Feb 2012   #1
Turkletoon

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 
BSOD when I plug in a usb

Hi
I've been having some BSOD lately when I plug in a usb memory stick. At first it could happen during games and at start up.

I first thought it was the program "magicdisk" that was the problem. One of the BSOD blamed it on a system file used by that program, but after Uninstall I still get BSOD.
I tried to revert back to an old system image, but that didn't help. And it also added "magicdisk" back, but this time I couldn't uninstall it. It said it was already uninstalled, but the registry files was still there. So I tried to clean out any remaining files and drivers from the program.

I have followed the posting instructions and attached a crash dump.
I would be very grateful if someone could take a look at them and see if they can spot the problem.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
28 Feb 2012   #2
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Turkletoon View Post
Hi
I've been having some BSOD lately when I plug in a usb memory stick. At first it could happen during games and at start up.

I first thought it was the program "magicdisk" that was the problem. One of the BSOD blamed it on a system file used by that program, but after Uninstall I still get BSOD.
I tried to revert back to an old system image, but that didn't help. And it also added "magicdisk" back, but this time I couldn't uninstall it. It said it was already uninstalled, but the registry files was still there. So I tried to clean out any remaining files and drivers from the program.

I have followed the posting instructions and attached a crash dump.
I would be very grateful if someone could take a look at them and see if they can spot the problem.
These are verified and Related to nusb3xhc.sys USB 3.0 Host Controller Driver from NEC Electronics Corporation. I would re-install the newest driver available.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Feb 2012   #3
Turkletoon

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Ok, thanks. I'll do that and see if it helps.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

28 Feb 2012   #4
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Turkletoon View Post
Ok, thanks. I'll do that and see if it helps.


Let us know if you need help
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Feb 2012   #5
Turkletoon

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Doesn't look like it fixed it. Had a BSOD when I tried the usb.
But I don't know if I did correctly. I uninstalled the NEC Electronics USB 3.0 host controller and installed the newer version, the Renesas Electronics USB 3.0 host controller.

The BSOD said Stop: 0x0000000A
I also had one more BSOD after the restart that said: 0x00000050
Don't know if this helps
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Feb 2012   #6
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Turkletoon View Post
Doesn't look like it fixed it. Had a BSOD when I tried the usb.
But I don't know if I did correctly. I uninstalled the NEC Electronics USB 3.0 host controller and installed the newer version, the Renesas Electronics USB 3.0 host controller.

The BSOD said Stop: 0x0000000A
I also had one more BSOD after the restart that said: 0x00000050
Don't know if this helps
Need the dmp
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Feb 2012   #7
Turkletoon

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

here it is
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BSOD when I plug in a usb




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Can we not just plug/un-plug USB 3.0 drives like we did with 2.0?
Hello all I could really tell a long story here of all the issues I have been dealing with and could provide if requested, but to make this a bit shorter, can we now not just plug and unplug a USB 3.0 drive like we used to with 2.0? All in all I seem to have really screwed up the...
General Discussion
BSOD everytime i plug in a pen drive
I'm getting a BSOD everytime i plug in a USB into the laptop. This happened the first time yesterday. I tried again with the same pen drive, BSOD again. Tried with another, BSOD again. Although when i connected my phone through a USB cable, everything was fine. I could access the phone. 64 Bit...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD when plug in flash memory
Hi! I have a problem with my different flash memory. When i plug in flash, some times my windows crashed and I saw this screen http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/6665/14112010.th.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us One time the flash could work normally and windows work perfect, other time...
BSOD Help and Support
when plug...iphone/ipad BSOD....
hey guys.. its really really annoying heres the problem i plug in my iphone/ipad...great. no problem problem only comes out when; i shut off the device when its connect...i get freeze then bsod...; and when i UNPLUG it...so its like i plug it...fine no pro...when i unplug it...my laptop freeze...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD when i plug my USB Drive
Hello everyone, I'm in desperate need of someone helping me to find a solution cause i have found nothing at all to fix it. The issue is that everytime i plug a USB Flash pen on any of my USB ports i get the BSOD screen with the error IRQL_LESS_OR_NOT EQUAL... if anyone can share some info...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD flash plug in
hi from time to time when i plug in a flash ( stick ) into my usb ports, 1 out of 7 times i get a BSOD i've made a clean install again, no programs installed and i'm still getting BSOD Problem signature: Problem Event Name: BlueScreen OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1 Locale...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:22.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App