Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Various BSOD - 0x0000124 - 0x000000c5 etc...


21 Mar 2012   #21

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by writhziden View Post
It appears you did not have your hard disk controller drivers properly installed or changed modes in the BIOS. Have you changed modes from IDE to AHCI, by chance? If not, it was probably just that the drivers were not installed.

I would recommend you update all possible drivers available through the Intel driver update utility. Ignore only those that say they are not supported or the device is unknown.
I haven't change IDE to AHCI what i know..

How to do that in a proper way then?

To get it clear.. I didn't find that Intel driver you talked about, but i saw that this other one did pop up in the device manager. After reboot i saw my windows using this "unit drivers" (think it's called that in english) if that's why..

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

21 Mar 2012   #22

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Sunner View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by writhziden View Post
It appears you did not have your hard disk controller drivers properly installed or changed modes in the BIOS. Have you changed modes from IDE to AHCI, by chance? If not, it was probably just that the drivers were not installed.

I would recommend you update all possible drivers available through the Intel driver update utility. Ignore only those that say they are not supported or the device is unknown.
I haven't change IDE to AHCI what i know..

How to do that in a proper way then?
Nevermind about the change; I see now it was just that the Intel driver was re-installed probably with a different version than what you had at one time.

As to install the drivers in the proper way, you will need to follow the instructions for the driver update utility and find the drivers through Intel. You should try to find an update for the SATA AHCI drivers for Intel, as well. I do not know if you have the updated version or the version Windows installs automatically.

If you still need help with the Intel updates, let me know. I will try to create a step by step guide this evening when I have more time if you need it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Mar 2012   #23

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by writhziden View Post
Nevermind about the change; I see now it was just that the Intel driver was re-installed probably with a different version than what you had at one time.

As to install the drivers in the proper way, you will need to follow the instructions for the driver update utility and find the drivers through Intel. You should try to find an update for the SATA AHCI drivers for Intel, as well. I do not know if you have the updated version or the version Windows installs automatically.

If you still need help with the Intel updates, let me know. I will try to create a step by step guide this evening when I have more time if you need it.
Okay!
Well.. I did uninstall this file like you said:


But i didn't find the one at that intel update utility. I just have these options:


But i see now:
The Intel® Driver Update Utility keeps your system up-to-date. It detects which driver updates
are relevant to your computer, and then helps you install them quickly and easily


And since i did uninstall that driver you mentioned, i maybe should have been doing this first? :/
Where is the latest driver for my SATA AHCI then?
Or yeah.. Do i really need it or...?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


21 Mar 2012   #24

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
 
 

You do need it. It provides the storage controller driver for your hard disk. It may be included in the Intel Chipset Driver. It may also be included by your motherboard manufacturer or system manufacturer. Sorry, but I do not remember if you have a custom built system or a system built by a vendor (HP, Dell, Sony, Lenovo, Gateway, etc.)...

Can you please fill in your system specs so I do not have to go through the whole thread to determine your system specs? You can use System Info - See Your System Specs as a guide to fill them in. This will make it easier for us to recommend where you go to find drivers such as your Intel SATA/AHCI controller driver.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Mar 2012   #25

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by writhziden View Post
You do need it. It provides the storage controller driver for your hard disk. It may be included in the Intel Chipset Driver. It may also be included by your motherboard manufacturer or system manufacturer. Sorry, but I do not remember if you have a custom built system or a system built by a vendor (HP, Dell, Sony, Lenovo, Gateway, etc.)...

Can you please fill in your system specs so I do not have to go through the whole thread to determine your system specs? You can use System Info - See Your System Specs as a guide to fill them in. This will make it easier for us to recommend where you go to find drivers such as your Intel SATA/AHCI controller driver.
This is the components:

Intel Core i7 950, 3.06GHz
Asus P6T Deluxe V2
Corsair 6GB (3KIT) DDR3 1600MHz/CL9/1.65V/XMS3
1TB Western Digital Caviar Black 64MB SATA III
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 570 1280MB
Samsung SH-S223C 22X DL Svart
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus
Corsair HX 650W 80+

Tell me if you need to know more.

It's a custombuild by a company who do this on ordering.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Mar 2012   #26

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
 
 

You can find the controller drivers at ASUS - Motherboards- ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 under Downloads -> Windows 7 64 Bit -> SATA.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Mar 2012   #27

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by writhziden View Post
You can find the controller drivers at ASUS - Motherboards- ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 under Downloads -> Windows 7 64 Bit -> SATA.
I thought it was so easy ^^

Well.. Do i need to uninstall all other drivers or how should i do this proper?

EDIT: Oh sory thought we was talking about chipsets.... Sorry.

Intel(R) Matrix Storage Manager Driver V8.9.0.1023 for Windows 32/64bit XP & Windows 32/64bit Vista & 32/64bit Windows 7.(WHQL)
Intel(R) AHCI/RAID Driver Disk for Windows 32/64bit XP & Windows 32/64bit Vista & 32/64bit Windows 7.

That one right?

No one other file i should remove before i do this?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Mar 2012   #28

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
 
 

No need to remove. Just install straight away.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Mar 2012   #29

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

Okay, so.. Now i did download:
Intel(R) Matrix Storage Manager Driver V8.9.0.1023 for Windows 32/64bit XP & Windows 32/64bit Vista & 32/64bit Windows 7.(WHQL)
Intel(R) AHCI/RAID Driver Disk for Windows 32/64bit XP & Windows 32/64bit Vista & 32/64bit Windows 7.


With "Global".
I got a file called IMSM_V8901023.zip and i did extract it. Then i got two folders called:
Driver
Install

Under install i did run "setup.exe". And afterwards i did reboot.

Under device manager my Intel(R) ICH10R SATA AHCI Controller is there again but in Driver Detective under "IDE ATA ATAPI Controllers" my Intel(R) ICH10R SATA AHCI Controller still is marked "out of date"...

Did i do something wrong? :/
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Mar 2012   #30

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
 
 

What date is listed for the driver?

In device manager, right click the device, click properties, click the driver tab, and find the date.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Various BSOD - 0x0000124 - 0x000000c5 etc...




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Various BSOD - 0x0000124 - 0x000000c5 etc...
Thread Forum
0x000000C5 BSOD BSOD Help and Support
BSOD 0x000000c5 BSOD Help and Support
Solved BSOD After Unig External HDD, error 0x000000c5 BSOD Help and Support
BSOD Playing BF3, 0x0000124 BSOD Help and Support
BSOD 0x0000124 BSOD Help and Support
Solved BSOD 0x000000c5 (Event ID-1001) Windows 7 BSOD Help and Support
BSOD because of tdx.sys and ntoskrnl.exe, code 0x000000c5 BSOD Help and Support

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:18 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33