Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Dell XPS17 BSOD - Can you help?

05 Mar 2012   #1
adchesney

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 (Dell XPS17)
 
 
Dell XPS17 BSOD - Can you help?

Dear Folks,

I can normally resolve my computing problems...in fact I normally spend hours helping other with their PC issues.

However, this one on my Dell XPS 17 Win 7 x64 is causing me problems.

I have attached a compressed file of the output (I've used RAR) after following the most helpful instructions.

If I can be helped I would be most grateful.

Regards

ANDREW


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
05 Mar 2012   #2
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

It is much easier to find patterns, etc, when there are more than one crash.

We prefer you wait until you have at least two so that if one is corrupt the other probably wont be.



One thing that does need attention is Related to
SSPORT.sys 32bit Port Contention Driver from Samsung Electronics. Yours is from 2005

How To Find Drivers:
Quote:
- search Google for the name of the driver
- compare the Google results with what's installed on your system to figure out which device/program it belongs to
- visit the web site of the manufacturer of the hardware/program to get the latest drivers (DON'T use Windows Update or the Update driver function of Device Manager).
- if there are difficulties in locating them, post back with questions and someone will try and help you locate the appropriate program.
- - The most common drivers are listed on this page: Driver Reference Driver Reference
- - Driver manufacturer links are on this page: Drivers and Downloads
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Mar 2012   #3
adchesney

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 (Dell XPS17)
 
 

Thank you...I will collect some more dump data.

Rather than updating SSPORT, I can delete the Samsung printer installation, as this is no longer required.

I will post later...but in the meantime thank you so much.

Regards

ANDREW
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

05 Mar 2012   #4
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by adchesney View Post
Thank you...I will collect some more dump data.

Rather than updating SSPORT, I can delete the Samsung printer installation, as this is no longer required.

I will post later...but in the meantime thank you so much.

Regards

ANDREW

Good Luck
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Mar 2012   #5
adchesney

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 (Dell XPS17)
 
 

Well here is another RAR file with the data dump - would anyone be able to shed some light on th BSODs?

Hopefully, it will upload before another BSOD...

Andrew
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Mar 2012   #6
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by adchesney View Post
Well here is another RAR file with the data dump - would anyone be able to shed some light on th BSODs?

Hopefully, it will upload before another BSOD...

Andrew
Related to SSPORT.sys 32bit Port Contention Driver from Samsung Electronics.. Still loading still from 2005
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Mar 2012   #7
adchesney

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 (Dell XPS17)
 
 

I have renamed SSPORT.sys to OLDSSPORT.sys as I'm sure this system file was for a printer I once had, and is no longer being used.

The PC is still crashing...even when the SSPORT.sys is not loaded. I have searched through the registry for SSPORT and attach screen prints (in Word).

I have also attached two BSOD files.

The really strange thing is that my laptop has been working faultlessly since I purchased it some 6 - 9 months ago - it is normally left on 24 hours a day...so having these lock-ups is disappointing and worrying.

Apart from an upgrade to Eset AV/Firewall over two months ago (and was all working fine after that) - I've not made any material changes to the PC.

Any HELP is really appreciated...I have run all the Dell memory, disk, video, etc diagnostics and this is all fine.

Regards

ANDREW
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Mar 2012   #8
adchesney

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 (Dell XPS17)
 
 

My laptop PC is even crashing (freezing) in SAFE Mode.

Are the logs submitted sufficient to diagnose the issues?

Any help is apprecaited...as I'm lost for ideas.

Regards

ANDREW
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Mar 2012   #9
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by adchesney View Post
I have renamed SSPORT.sys to OLDSSPORT.sys as I'm sure this system file was for a printer I once had, and is no longer being used.

The PC is still crashing...even when the SSPORT.sys is not loaded. I have searched through the registry for SSPORT and attach screen prints (in Word).

I have also attached two BSOD files.

The really strange thing is that my laptop has been working faultlessly since I purchased it some 6 - 9 months ago - it is normally left on 24 hours a day...so having these lock-ups is disappointing and worrying.

Apart from an upgrade to Eset AV/Firewall over two months ago (and was all working fine after that) - I've not made any material changes to the PC.

Any HELP is really appreciated...I have run all the Dell memory, disk, video, etc diagnostics and this is all fine.

Regards

ANDREW
Andrew

They are no DMP files in either upload. Is your control panel configured to enable them?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Dell XPS17 BSOD - Can you help?




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Dell bought out by Michael Dell: going private within months
Source A Guy
News
Dell Data restore windows seven home premium Dell inspiron n5110?
Friends, I have dell inspiron n5110. It had geniune windows 7 home premium. There was dell data restore option in F8 boot menu option to restore my windows. a week ago i installed new windows 7. i didnt deleted recovery partition on my computer but there in no more option of dell data restore...
Backup and Restore
Dell N5030:W7 wont start. Dell logo + black screen. Factory reset how?
Dell N5030: W7 wont start. Dell logo > black screen. How to restore? Hello friends :D Please could you advise me. My friend has asked me to help with her Dell N5030 Inspiron laptop. She has had it for about just over a year now. Dual-core Pentium, 4GB RAM, W7 64bit. She is not computer...
Backup and Restore
Dell 1520 Inspiron Problem with Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-Card
Hello everyone I have a very pressing problem. I had Vista running on my Inspiron 1520 Laptop. I recently upgraded to Windows 7, ever since then I have had terrible trouble with my Wireless Card. The driver for the card often comes up as not being able to start I often get Dell Wireless 1390...
Drivers
Win7/Dell D820 not working on Dell PR01x dock and KVM
Putting together my "new" home network. I have 3 laptops (Dell Latitude D820 - Win 7 Pro, Dell Latitude D620 - Win XP Pro and Lenovo T400 - Win XP Pro). I have a Lenovo port replicator/dock and a Dell PR01x port rep/dock. I have just bought a new Rosewill RKV-2U USB KVM. With the 2 XP laptops, all...
Hardware & Devices
Issues with Dell D400 Laptop, Dell 355 Bluetooth and W7
Typo on the title, I ment Truemobile 360, NOT 355. I have an older Dell D400 I'm trying to breath some life back into and I thought I would try out Windows 7. Well, I got everything working good I think, but the Dell 360 Truemobile bluetooth. Windows 7 just won't see it. No matter what...
Hardware & Devices


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:00.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App