Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: BSOD using google chrome and some steam games

16 Mar 2012   #11
clarke

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

That will have to be later tonight. I am thinking that It crashed sometime during the disk check, but i don't know for sure. I think i will run the System File Checker before i try running the disk check again. Also, Is it a bad idea to use the computer, say play skyrim, while the Disk check is running?

Thanks again,
Clarke


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
16 Mar 2012   #12
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by clarke View Post
That will have to be later tonight. I am thinking that It crashed sometime during the disk check, but i don't know for sure. I think i will run the System File Checker before i try running the disk check again. Also, Is it a bad idea to use the computer, say play skyrim, while the Disk check is running?

Thanks again,
Clarke
All computers can multi-task but the game will run slow because of all the read writes to the HD.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Mar 2012   #13
clarke

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

Okay, so i ran the SFC and it came back with a result saying it found errors but could not repair some of them. I opened the CBS file and found what, to me, was a complete gibberish. I am not sure if i should share this file with people or not so i will hold off for now. Any suggestions?

I think i will run the Disk check before i go to bed tonight.

Clarke
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

16 Mar 2012   #14
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by clarke View Post
Okay, so i ran the SFC and it came back with a result saying it found errors but could not repair some of them. I opened the CBS file and found what, to me, was a complete gibberish. I am not sure if i should share this file with people or not so i will hold off for now. Any suggestions?

I think i will run the Disk check before i go to bed tonight.

Clarke
If the files in CBS are important you may have to do a repair install?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Mar 2012   #15
clarke

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

Here is the CBS file. I can't figure out what to look for.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Mar 2012   #16
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by clarke View Post
Here is the CBS file. I can't figure out what to look for.

Most are a "Chinese dictionary" which if they arent important to you can be ignored. There are about 6 "DLL" files that should be repaired by running a repair install.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Mar 2012   #17
clarke

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

So when trying to repair install the files my computer crashed twice. So i snapped and reinstalled windows instead. No crashes yet but that is not saying much. I ran the SFC scan and it came up with the same 'found problems but couldnt fix all of them' deal. I have attached the CBS file here. I am hoping that these are only the minor problems again, or else i may go back to the manufacturer and get them to fix it for me.

Any further recommendations?

Thanks again for your time.

Clarke
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Mar 2012   #18
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by clarke View Post
So when trying to repair install the files my computer crashed twice. So i snapped and reinstalled windows instead. No crashes yet but that is not saying much. I ran the SFC scan and it came up with the same 'found problems but couldnt fix all of them' deal. I have attached the CBS file here. I am hoping that these are only the minor problems again, or else i may go back to the manufacturer and get them to fix it for me.

Any further recommendations?

Thanks again for your time.

Clarke
IF SFC showed errors it could not fix on a clean install (it was a clean install, not an image restore, or upgrade correct?) that is a bad sign.

This was from a legit MS win 7 dvd right?

BTW the CBS.logo is > 10 MB and notepad wont open it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Mar 2012   #19
clarke

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

Yes this was from a legit MS Windows 7 dvd. It came with my computer, but it is the OEM style, not the retail type. As for the CBS file, I can open it on my computer. I am not sure what to do about that. Here it is again.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Mar 2012   #20
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Works

Ok here is what you do, Open in notepad. click find and in the find field put cannot repair>find next. "inf" files are not critical but other files are more important.

First one I found is hcw72DTV.sys. keep finding next and looking at the files. where ever possible re-install the drivers.

Probably easier to clean install but your call.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BSOD using google chrome and some steam games




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
BSOD while playing Steam games or using Chrome
Good day, I've been having BSODs while playing Steam games. Sometimes, I also get it when I'm just browsing the net using Chrome. Thank you very much! PS I have monitored my temps (using CAM and hwmonitor) for a long time, I haven't had any of my internals overheat.
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD Using Google Chrome or while playing any of my games
I've been getting BSOD every so often now and they only seem to occur when playing games or using Google Chrome. The most recent case of this was when a Youtube video finished playing (Using Chrome) and was greeted with the loathed BSOD and these details were all that's left to show. roblem...
BSOD Help and Support
Steam google chrome and avast won't launch help?
Hello I'm currently having problems with my computer now I am a gamer and everything but here as of late I have been having problems with my computer the last thing I did on it before it started doing this was quit skyrim and shut down my computer after that the computer when even booting is going...
General Discussion
Games refusing to load on IE10, but work just fine in Google Chrome
So I just started having this issue today to where none of my facebook games will load in IE10, but when I try to go and play them on Google Chrome they load just fine, what I have tried already is clearing my internet browsing history and cache and got no results out of that and another thing I...
Browsers & Mail
BSOD When Installing Games on Steam/Launching Games Through Steam
It started yesterday when I attempted to launch a game (Civilization V) through Steam and got the BSOD error. I uninstalled and re-installed Steam, my graphics drivers, everything I can possibly think of, including a general fix Steam itself responded to me with (which was completely unspecific to...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD using Google Chrome, COD MW3, Steam. Invalid crashdmp.sys
Hi, last days I have series of strange preoblems connected with my computer. I have Win7 Home Premium OEM on new computer (bought about a month ago). System is already activated, but I haven't called Microsoft support yet. I have 500GB disc: half is 250GB partition for system, and half is not in...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:17.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App