|16 Mar 2012||#1|
| || |
BSOD Problem while computer was sleeping/updating windows
You guys were great helping me out with a BSOD problem last time (interference with Kasperky) and I'm hoping you can do the same again. closed my laptop, came back to use it and there was a bluescreen. i did have windows updates waiting and when I restarted it, the computer began to update. unfortunately, however, I did not pay attention to the error code this time. And as with last time the thread will not allow me to upload the health report html (file:///C:/Users/Maison/Documents/SHR.html). Thanks in advance!
-64 bit OS
-original installed OS
-about 8 mos. old, never reinstalled
|My System Specs|
|16 Mar 2012||#2|
| || |
Unfortunately all the DMP's in the upload are from October, 2011. Please make sure your control panel is configured correctly
We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.
If you are overclocking STOP
You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.
To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.
* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: BSOD Problem while computer was sleeping/updating windows|
|BSOD when my computer is sleeping?||BSOD Help and Support|
|More on the Sleeping Computer Keyboard Problem||General Discussion|
|Updating computer to SP1 x64, causes a BSoD on startup||BSOD Help and Support|
|BSOD occurs when computer on, monitor sleeping - middle of the night3b||BSOD Help and Support|
|Computer not hibernating or sleeping correctly||Performance & Maintenance|
|ethernet or wireless stay on when computer is sleeping||Network & Sharing|
|computer not sleeping when it should be||Performance & Maintenance|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:38 AM.