|18 Mar 2012||#1|
Windows 7 on Bootcamp BSOD
Hi, I'm running Windows 7 on my Mac using Bootcamp and have been getting the BSOD. The computer makes a horrible noise, then it's a black screen with a blue square which contains info, but doesn't stay up long enough to read.
It's Windows 64bit, installed using Bootcamp. The Mac is from 2010, Windows was installed a few weeks ago. I'm using it to run Sony Vegas 11 and have an external drive formatted to HFS+. I'm using MacDrive to use it on Windows.
I don't know much about Windows, but followed the instructions for posting the dump file. Hopefully it works.
|My System Specs|
|18 Mar 2012||#2|
We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.
If you are overclocking STOP
You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.
To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.
* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.
To ensure minidumps are enabled:
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: Windows 7 on Bootcamp BSOD|
|BSOD when recovering from sleep with Apple BootCamp||BSOD Help and Support|
|BSOD last night. MacBook Pro running Bootcamp||BSOD Help and Support|
|BSOD random win7 on mac pro 09 bootcamp||BSOD Help and Support|
|Mac Bootcamp Windows 7 hangs on Classpnp.sys||Hardware & Devices|
|Need Help with Bootcamp Dual boot with windows 7||Installation & Setup|
|BSOD in Bootcamp||BSOD Help and Support|
|BSOD Windows 7 using Bootcamp on Macbook||BSOD Help and Support|
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:21.