|01 Apr 2012||#1|
| || |
Repeated Crashes on Startup
I recently bought a new customised gaming pc. After a day of non-gaming usage, the computer has started to repeatedly shut down on startup. After turning it on, it boots up for around 5 seconds before shutting down. Around 5 seconds later, it restarts itself and the process repeats. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
|My System Specs|
|01 Apr 2012||#2|
| || |
We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.
If you are overclocking STOP
You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.
To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.
* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.
To ensure minidumps are enabled:
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: Repeated Crashes on Startup|
|BSOD repeated crashes, error 0x0000001E||BSOD Help and Support|
|Repeated crashes while playing any game with no BSOD||BSOD Help and Support|
|Repeated crashes - Please help||BSOD Help and Support|
|Repeated BSOD and Program Crashes||BSOD Help and Support|
|Repeated Crashes||BSOD Help and Support|
|Repeated crashes for 2 months||BSOD Help and Support|
|Windows 7 RC 64-bit Repeated Crashes||Hardware & Devices|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:31 PM.