|01 Apr 2012||#1|
| || |
First BSOD on my computer !!!
This is what I had today...It was like this : I moved my mouse cursor to disconnect from a hotspot and my cursor suddenly stuck and then BOOM !!! BSOD saying that in the picture...Can anyone tell me what kind of an error I'm having ? This is my first BSOD after 7 months since I bought this PC *in parts. Thanks you
|My System Specs|
|01 Apr 2012||#2|
| || |
We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.
If you are overclocking STOP
You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.
To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.
* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.
To ensure minidumps are enabled:
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: First BSOD on my computer !!!|
|Computer suddenly froze, then a BSOD when restarting the computer.||BSOD Help and Support|
|BSOD when starting computer in morning/bran new computer||BSOD Help and Support|
|BSOD while shutting down computer (1-week old new computer)||BSOD Help and Support|
|BSOD when computer is idle. No BSOD when playing games for hours.||BSOD Help and Support|
|BSOD semi-randomly. Self built computer. (BSOD dump.zip included)||BSOD Help and Support|
|Computer Freezes, then shutdown BSOD Computer NO signal||BSOD Help and Support|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:20 AM.