Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: BSODs playing flash games in Facebook and others

03 Apr 2012   #1
amss1976

MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
 
 
BSODs playing flash games in Facebook and others

Hi!
This is my first post here.

I have been having some BSOD problems with my newly built computer.

It is Windows 7 x64.
Just assembled this system with the following new components:
- OS: MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
- Processor: Intel Core i5 2500K @ 3.30GHz Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology
- MoBo: ASUSTeK Computer INC. P8Z68-V LX (LGA1155)
- RAM: Kingston (KHX1600C9D3B1K2/8G) 8,00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 1600MHz (9-9-9-24), 1.65v - HyperX Blu [I think this might be the problem, but not sure because they are only working at 1.5v and 1333MHz]
- Sound Card: Realtek High Definition Audio
- HDD:244GB Western Digital WDC WD2500AAKX-001CA0 ATA Device (SATA) [used for the OS]
- Optical Drive: Asus DVD +/-RW

Components I already had:
- Graphics: 256MB GeForce 8400 GS (ASUStek Computer Inc)
- 1954GB Seagate ST2000DL003-9VT166 ATA Device (SATA) [used for storage]
- 78GB Seagate ST380011 SCSI Disk Device (RAID) [used for storage]
- 160GB Maxtor Maxtor 6 SCS [used for storage]
- Case
- PSU: OCZ 600W

This system was assembled last 29 March 2012 (HW and SW).

The problem that I am facing happens when using any browser (IE9, FF, Chrome and Opera - all latest versions) and playing flash based games (mostly on FaceBook) but also on Yahoo and also playing videos. In Chrome, sometimes the flash just stops and the content of the page becomes with a message "the shockwave plugin crashed - reload the page and try again" and a message appears at the top of the window right after the address bar "the following plug-in has crashed: Shokwave Flash".

I have tried to uninstall both the adobe flash and disable/re-enabled the integrated flash in Chrome but the problem still persists.

In IE9 I cannot play any type of flash based content. Haven't figured out what seams to be the problem.

I am also experiencing crashing in the browsers for no apparent reason.

I have performed a memory check with the windows tool but it did not report any problem.

If you nee any further clarifications, please ask.

I am attaching the zip file with the content of Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2 and System Health Report as instructed.

Please help me to try to solve this situation as this is a brand new computer.

Thanks in advance for all the help and time.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Apr 2012   #2
JMH

Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit. SP1.
 
 

My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Apr 2012   #3
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Please follow JMH's suggestions first as they may well fix this and are easier.
These crashes appear to be caused by various things. To narrow the focus please run these two tests. I know you have run the windows memory test (doesnt stress the memory far enough) and verifier for at least one crash but we need more.


* If you are overclocking anything reset to default before running these tests.
In other words STOP!!!

* If you have raid update its Driver.




Memtest.
Quote:
*Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder or another ISO burning program. Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

*Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5-7 passes.

Just remember, any time Memtest reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad motherboard slot.

Test the sticks individually, and if you find a good one, test it in all slots.

Any errors are indicative of a memory problem.

If a known good stick fails in a motherboard slot it is probably the slot.

RAM - Test with Memtest86+



Driver verifier

Quote:
Using Driver Verifier is an iffy proposition. Most times it'll crash and it'll tell you what the driver is. But sometimes it'll crash and won't tell you the driver. Other times it'll crash before you can log in to Windows. If you can't get to Safe Mode, then you'll have to resort to offline editing of the registry to disable Driver Verifier.

So, I'd suggest that you first backup your stuff and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Special Pool", "Force Pending I/O Requests" and "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen.
Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly.
The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out.
If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation.

Reboot into Windows (after the crash) and turn off Driver Verifier by going back in and selecting "Delete existing settings" on the first page, then locate and zip up the memory dump file and upload it with your next post.

If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Apr 2012   #4
amss1976

MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JMH View Post
Have uninstalled avast and installed MSE.

I had already updated W7 to SP-1 (BSODs continued)

I will see if now, with MSE, the BSOD's stop.

As soon as I have some news, I'll feedback here.

Thanks for these tips...

Keeping my fingers crossed here...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Apr 2012   #5
JMH

Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit. SP1.
 
 

Good luck & keep us posted.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Apr 2012   #6
amss1976

MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Please follow JMH's suggestions first as they may well fix this and are easier.
These crashes appear to be caused by various things. To narrow the focus please run these two tests. I know you have run the windows memory test (doesnt stress the memory far enough) and verifier for at least one crash but we need more.


* If you are overclocking anything reset to default before running these tests.
In other words STOP!!!

* If you have raid update its Driver.




Memtest.
Quote:
*Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder or another ISO burning program. Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

*Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5-7 passes.

Just remember, any time Memtest reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad motherboard slot.

Test the sticks individually, and if you find a good one, test it in all slots.

Any errors are indicative of a memory problem.

If a known good stick fails in a motherboard slot it is probably the slot.

RAM - Test with Memtest86+



Driver verifier

Quote:
Using Driver Verifier is an iffy proposition. Most times it'll crash and it'll tell you what the driver is. But sometimes it'll crash and won't tell you the driver. Other times it'll crash before you can log in to Windows. If you can't get to Safe Mode, then you'll have to resort to offline editing of the registry to disable Driver Verifier.

So, I'd suggest that you first backup your stuff and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Special Pool", "Force Pending I/O Requests" and "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen.
Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly.
The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out.
If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation.

Reboot into Windows (after the crash) and turn off Driver Verifier by going back in and selecting "Delete existing settings" on the first page, then locate and zip up the memory dump file and upload it with your next post.

If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.
I got one more BSOD after my last post.

This night I let it running the memtest for aprox. 6:30 hours. It made 5 passes and no errors were found. I attach the picture of it.

Can I conclude from this that the RAM is OK? (I noticed that when I hit the Esc key and it restarted the red ligh of "MemOK" on the MoBo blinked for a second... but started smoothly)...

Do you suggest I should run the driver verifier test? As far as I read on your post it is a risky thing to do...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Apr 2012   #7
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Ram looks ok now for verifier
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Apr 2012   #8
JMH

Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit. SP1.
 
 

[QUOTE=amss1976;1868617]
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post

Do you suggest I should run the driver verifier test? As far as I read on your post it is a risky thing to do...
Yes we do.
Using Driver Verifier is an iffy proposition.
However we ARE here to help you solve your problem.

As a precaution we suggest that you first backup your stuff and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise.
Then make a System Restore point. (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Windows 7 Startup Repair feature)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Apr 2012   #9
amss1976

MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
 
 

I am not going to try the verifier for the next days as I will have to make a presentation for college and will not take the chance of losing data.

As soon as I'm done with it I will do it and post here the results...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Apr 2012   #10
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by amss1976 View Post
I am not going to try the verifier for the next days as I will have to make a presentation for college and will not take the chance of losing data.

As soon as I'm done with it I will do it and post here the results...

Good luck
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BSODs playing flash games in Facebook and others




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Facebook games (flash based games) lag
So I have this problem playing flash based games on facebook. I took notice when my two laptops that do not have dedicated graphics and are much slower than my desktop seem to handle these games far better than the desktop. Seems to get worse as flash upgrades and higher versions of chrome/firefox...
Gaming
BSOD When playing games and playing flash player.
Hello guys. So here is my issue i dont really know how to specific it further then this still hope it will help. I have been getting BSOD for a while now and it's getting to the point i cant do a single thing on the computer. I did the config for dumps and so on and ended up with this RAR file...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD while browsing internet eg. facebook, yahoomail, playing games
i downloaded a windows 7 at torrent installed it and after an hour or two, poof* BSOD, then almost everytime. i borrowed a windows 7 home premium *genuine from a friend and i installed it. still having BSOD after an hour. i dont know whats the problem. i already cleaned my ram and its slot. i run...
BSOD Help and Support
Freeze and BSOD when playing games on Facebook
*, A few weeks ago I build a new computer with the following specs; Corsair Vengeance RED,1866-8GB KIT Cooler Master GX 750WATT AMD FX-6200 Black Edition,sAM3+ LG DVR DL 24X,SATA OCZ Vertex 4 - 128GB Corsair Air Series SP120 Quiet Edition
BSOD Help and Support
BSODs when watching flash movies, playing games, installing drivers...
... or looking at computer funny. Reports attached. System specs in my profile. Here's a public link to a GDocs Spreadsheet with the relevant info: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApEvyoOwrfzBdFlZR19iZXJFSGR5ak5falh4d0l2eVE&authkey=CNbUl48J&hl=en_US&authkey=CNbUl48J#gid=0 ...
BSOD Help and Support
low res pics and flash games on facebook and net
Hi i am getting low res pics on the interent when i look at my pics on my facebook account,,but the desktop is hig res and the pics in my pictures file are fine!. Any idea how to fix this/its on my vista machine with firfox but it does same on internet explorer,Any help would be great ????
Browsers & Mail

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:38.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App