Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.



Windows 7: BSOD when Running Eset + Virtual Villager

10 Apr 2012   #11
JMH

Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit. SP1.
 
 

You are welcome.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Apr 2012   #12

window 7 ultimate 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JMH View Post
You are welcome.
Oh by the way.. Should I really install service pack 1? I did research about that updating of SP1 but many concluded slowing the system down.

Can you give me one good reason why should I update it to SP1? Thanks
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Apr 2012   #13

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Bug fixes, Security, updates, etc.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


11 Apr 2012   #14
JMH

Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit. SP1.
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dalton230 View Post

Oh by the way.. Should I really install service pack 1? I did research about that updating of SP1 but many concluded slowing the system down.

Can you give me one good reason why should I update it to SP1? Thanks

We have given you advice re your problems.
It is up to you to take it .... or not!

My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Apr 2012   #15

window 7 ultimate 32bit
 
 

Ok i will update and try to see to it that this really the mark of my solution.

I will post results after the updates.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Apr 2012   #16

window 7 ultimate 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JMH View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dalton230 View Post

Oh by the way.. Should I really install service pack 1? I did research about that updating of SP1 but many concluded slowing the system down.

Can you give me one good reason why should I update it to SP1? Thanks

We have given you advice re your problems.
It is up to you to take it .... or not!

Hello JMH.. I have followed your instructions of the SURT and installed it correctly. Then after that, First I downloaded that service pack 1 86bits the 500+MB and after the complete download. I check the system update but their is no detection of the service pack 1.

So I decided to installed it in non-system update. As I am installing it. It took 3hours of installation and the result was half way.

But after a couple of hours it shutdown and produced a BSOD..

Attachment 206818

Please interpret me this kind of BSOD.

I am getting paranoid regarding this BSOD
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Apr 2012   #17

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dalton230 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JMH View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dalton230 View Post

Oh by the way.. Should I really install service pack 1? I did research about that updating of SP1 but many concluded slowing the system down.

Can you give me one good reason why should I update it to SP1? Thanks

We have given you advice re your problems.
It is up to you to take it .... or not!

Hello JMH.. I have followed your instructions of the SURT and installed it correctly. Then after that, First I downloaded that service pack 1 86bits the 500+MB and after the complete download. I check the system update but their is no detection of the service pack 1.

So I decided to installed it in non-system update. As I am installing it. It took 3hours of installation and the result was half way.

But after a couple of hours it shutdown and produced a BSOD..

Attachment 206818

Please interpret me this kind of BSOD.

I am getting paranoid regarding this BSOD
1-type winver into the search box. What does it say?

2-SURT was run? what did it say?

3-"install it in a non-system way"? can we get a bit more information. There is no way AFAIK to install it any other way than as a system install.

4-IF it took three hours and wasnt finished something is wrong.

5-ESET is still from 2011. What version is it?

6-The most recent DMP was the same.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Apr 2012   #18

window 7 ultimate 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post

We have given you advice re your problems.
It is up to you to take it .... or not!



1-type winver into the search box. What does it say?

2-SURT was run? what did it say?

3-"install it in a non-system way"? can we get a bit more information. There is no way AFAIK to install it any other way than as a system install.

4-IF it took three hours and wasnt finished something is wrong.

5-ESET is still from 2011. What version is it?

6-The most recent DMP was the same.
1: Version 6.1 (Build 7600)

2: I propertly installed that SURT.. But shame of me. I do not know where to locate that SURT to run

3: This maybe regardless of lack of knowledge and ignorance to where to run the installation or proper procedure. What i mean is I just click it in a desktop and run the service pack1 installer without the involvement of windows update. I have installed this in http://www.microsoft.com/download/en...s.aspx?id=5842 the last part called windows6.1-KB976932-X86.exe that have 537.8 MB

4: Yes.. 3hours i have waited but still in half way bar. meaning the bar is not moving anymore. After that for another couple of minutes or hours i think. The system suddenly shutdown and produced BSOD.

5: ESET nod32 Version 5.0.95.0

6: meaning the TuneUp Utilities? ok I have uninstalled it and really did give me another BSOD upon uninstalling it. here Attachment 206838
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Apr 2012   #19

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dalton230 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post

We have given you advice re your problems.
It is up to you to take it .... or not!



1-type winver into the search box. What does it say?

2-SURT was run? what did it say?

3-"install it in a non-system way"? can we get a bit more information. There is no way AFAIK to install it any other way than as a system install.

4-IF it took three hours and wasnt finished something is wrong.

5-ESET is still from 2011. What version is it?

6-The most recent DMP was the same.
1: Version 6.1 (Build 7600)

2: I propertly installed that SURT.. But shame of me. I do not know where to locate that SURT to run

3: This maybe regardless of lack of knowledge and ignorance to where to run the installation or proper procedure. What i mean is I just click it in a desktop and run the service pack1 installer without the involvement of windows update. I have installed this in Download: Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (KB976932) - Microsoft Download Center - Download Details the last part called windows6.1-KB976932-X86.exe that have 537.8 MB

4: Yes.. 3hours i have waited but still in half way bar. meaning the bar is not moving anymore. After that for another couple of minutes or hours i think. The system suddenly shutdown and produced BSOD.

5: ESET nod32 Version 5.0.95.0

6: meaning the TuneUp Utilities? ok I have uninstalled it and really did give me another BSOD upon uninstalling it. here Attachment 206838
1-if it says 7600, SP-1 is NOT installed. Try it again.

2-You dont install the SURT you run it and it tells you if there are any problems before you upgrade to sp-1

3-You can run it manually as you describe, by just double clicking the file on the desktop. It will tell you when it is finished

4- That means it failed.

5-Your ESET is the same version as mine, mine has 2012 date, yours 2010?????

6-We cant figure this out till we resolve 1-5 above.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Apr 2012   #20

window 7 ultimate 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dalton230 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post

We have given you advice re your problems.
It is up to you to take it .... or not!



1-type winver into the search box. What does it say?

2-SURT was run? what did it say?

3-"install it in a non-system way"? can we get a bit more information. There is no way AFAIK to install it any other way than as a system install.

4-IF it took three hours and wasnt finished something is wrong.

5-ESET is still from 2011. What version is it?

6-The most recent DMP was the same.
1: Version 6.1 (Build 7600)

2: I propertly installed that SURT.. But shame of me. I do not know where to locate that SURT to run

3: This maybe regardless of lack of knowledge and ignorance to where to run the installation or proper procedure. What i mean is I just click it in a desktop and run the service pack1 installer without the involvement of windows update. I have installed this in Download: Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (KB976932) - Microsoft Download Center - Download Details the last part called windows6.1-KB976932-X86.exe that have 537.8 MB

4: Yes.. 3hours i have waited but still in half way bar. meaning the bar is not moving anymore. After that for another couple of minutes or hours i think. The system suddenly shutdown and produced BSOD.

5: ESET nod32 Version 5.0.95.0

6: meaning the TuneUp Utilities? ok I have uninstalled it and really did give me another BSOD upon uninstalling it. here Attachment 206838
1-if it says 7600, SP-1 is NOT installed. Try it again.

2-You dont install the SURT you run it and it tells you if there are any problems before you upgrade to sp-1

3-You can run it manually as you describe, by just double clicking the file on the desktop. It will tell you when it is finished

4- That means it failed.

5-Your ESET is the same version as mine, mine has 2012 date, yours 2010?????

6-We cant figure this out till we resolve 1-5 above.
Ow I think I have mis-attached the files that i have sent, here is the one that I want to know Attachment 206856 Sorry for that and thanks for your patient in interpreting me the result. If I would know how to interpret that DMP but anyways...

I think my eset is latest when I purchased it, within 2011-2012 and I do not think it came from 2010 release.

I will try to run the Service Pack 1 again via double clicking in the desktop because it did not show up in the SYSTEM UPDATES. Assuming that I have already decided to uninstalled that TuneUp Utilities which based on your interpretation causes the BSOD. haiz This kind of BSOD is like a virus same as happening to my application that is randomly causing APPCRASH.

To tell you. Every rebooting of my UNIT, a particular APPCRASH occur in different application and in different time. Sometimes are MSwords, the Sidebar, and etc. haiz.. Hoping this service pack 1 can resolve this issues about this bugs.

But for now I am aware and concerned about the route of BSOD. Due of this speculation of faulty internal hardware Hoping not! because I am getting to like my unit hehehe

EDIT: PS: SURT is completely run.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BSOD when Running Eset + Virtual Villager





Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:49 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33