Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: BSOD Help please

11 Apr 2012   #11
writhziden

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
 
 

How did you update to the latest a month ago when the latest is less than a month old?

Code:
BIOS Version/Date	American Megatrends Inc. 3201, 2/15/2012
Indicates you have the version a month prior to the newest.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
11 Apr 2012   #12
AJZ

Windows 7 Home 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by writhziden View Post
How did you update to the latest a month ago when the latest is less than a month old?

Code:
BIOS Version/Date    American Megatrends Inc. 3201, 2/15/2012
Indicates you have the version a month prior to the newest.

That's the newest version available for my board located on the manufactors website here: ASUS - Motherboards- ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3

P.s. I dont have the LX it's the V/gen three
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Apr 2012   #13
writhziden

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
 
 

Ah, sorry about that. Google was not finding the right board earlier. Now when I do a search, your board is the first one it finds... Strange. Earlier it took me to the completely wrong one which I originally posted, then it took me to the one you saw. I think it was having issues with the gen3 part of the name.

Make sure your Chipset and SATA controller drivers are up to date. There is a 2012.01.20 update for your Chipset, a 2011.07.20 update for the Intel Rapid Storage Technology Controller driver, and a 2011.06.09 update for the JMicron controller driver. If you have not already installed these, now would be a good time to do so.


Let me know when you've done that. I will try to take a closer look at your crash reports and see if I can come up with anything new later tonight. Could you give details as to what you did to fix the purple/pink screen problem?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

11 Apr 2012   #14
AJZ

Windows 7 Home 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by writhziden View Post
Ah, sorry about that. Google was not finding the right board earlier. Now when I do a search, your board is the first one it finds... Strange. Earlier it took me to the completely wrong one which I originally posted, then it took me to the one you saw. I think it was having issues with the gen3 part of the name.

Make sure your Chipset and SATA controller drivers are up to date. There is a 2012.01.20 update for your Chipset, a 2011.07.20 update for the Intel Rapid Storage Technology Controller driver, and a 2011.06.09 update for the JMicron controller driver. If you have not already installed these, now would be a good time to do so.


Let me know when you've done that. I will try to take a closer look at your crash reports and see if I can come up with anything new later tonight. Could you give details as to what you did to fix the purple/pink screen problem?

All of the drivers through Asus and intel are up to date. That includes the jmicron one as well. Ive cleared all old drivers as well.

For the pink screen I had uninstall evga ocscanner and updated to scanner x and then.i went to nvidia beta drivers. I think the current issue was cauing the issue.

Yes please see what you can find out through the crash logs. I appreciate.all of you help on this. Its just difficult to know I have a.great computer that I cant relay on due to bsods.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Apr 2012   #15
Dwarf

Windows 8.1 Pro RTM x64
 
 

What version of Flash have you got installed? If it is 11.1.102.63 (or older), then update it. The current version is 11.2.202.228
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Apr 2012   #16
AJZ

Windows 7 Home 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dwarf View Post
What version of Flash have you got installed? If it is 11.1.102.63 (or older), then update it. The current version is 11.2.202.228
Have the newest one. Still bsod.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Apr 2012   #17
writhziden

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
 
 

The following Asus Charger driver can be problematic:
Code:
AiChargerPlus	fffff880`00e63000	fffff880`00e64e00	Sun Nov 07 23:48:26 2010 (4cd79d3a)	00005a96		AiChargerPlus.sys
Please remove the Asus Charger software at least to test. I have seen the removal of this help, and considering your crashes increased in frequency with the addition of a USB device, I suspect you may be in this category.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Apr 2012   #18
AJZ

Windows 7 Home 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by writhziden View Post
The following Asus Charger driver can be problematic:
Code:
AiChargerPlus    fffff880`00e63000    fffff880`00e64e00    Sun Nov 07 23:48:26 2010 (4cd79d3a)    00005a96        AiChargerPlus.sys
Please remove the Asus Charger software at least to test. I have seen the removal of this help, and considering your crashes increased in frequency with the addition of a USB device, I suspect you may be in this category.
This solution sounds extremely promising, do you have any method you would recommend for removing this driver? Either a step by step processor or program?

Thanks much, also, did anything else stick out in your research as potentially problematic?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Apr 2012   #19
writhziden

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
 
 

You should be able to remove it through Start Menu -> Control Panel -> Uninstall a program -> ASUS AI Charger -> Uninstall
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Apr 2012   #20
AJZ

Windows 7 Home 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by writhziden View Post
You should be able to remove it through Start Menu -> Control Panel -> Uninstall a program -> ASUS AI Charger -> Uninstall
Nope not there, the only asus app that's there is Ai Suite which is an application not a driver.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BSOD Help please




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:15.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App