Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Random freezes, and Program Crashes. No BSOD. Over 18 errors eventview


04 Apr 2012   #1

windows 7 Pro x64
 
 
Random freezes, and Program Crashes. No BSOD. Over 18 errors eventview

This is my annual my pc is breaking down and i don't know why post. (Figures I have only had this build for a year)

It started about 2-3 weeks ago and is getting worse. I can no longer leave my pc on overnight or it freezes. If I run more than 2-3 programs it freezes. I was watching a video once with headphones on and heard a loud noise then freeze.

I at first thought it was just one of my hard drives dying because I had similar symptoms before I removed it. But, the fact that the crashes are happening more frequently without accessing the questionable e: has me stumped.

Then I figured maybe it was the overclock I did in my bios. But, restoring it to normal has had little effect on the performance of my machine.

I have run and run on an almost daily basis the following: All updated daily or when available.

Microsoft security essentials
Superantispyware
Malwarebytes
CCleaner
JV16 power tools 2011
Tuneup utilities 2012
Diskeeper 2012 (Just started using 2-3 days ago)

Comodo firewall

I also use driver genius pro and patch my pc to make sure all my drivers are up to date.

MY Event Log has had the following consistent errors in just the past 7 days

Critical:


41 Kernal Power

Error:

3 Kernel-Event Tracking
7 Disk
11 Atapi
15 Disk
72 Side by Side
1000 Application error
1002 Application hang
3002 Microsoft Antimalware
6008 Eventlog
7001 Service Control Manager
7023 Service Control Manager
7030 Service Control Manager
7031 Service Control Manager
7034 Service Control Manager
8032 Browser
10005 DistributedCom


My PC:

OS

windows 7 Pro x64 SP 1

CPU

I5 2500K stock

Motherboard

ASRock Z68 PROFESSIONAL GEN3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Memory

G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DD, G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL. 16 gb total

Graphics Card(s)

Evga 580 gtx Superclocked sli reference Evga 580 gtx

Sound Card
N/A

Monitor(s) Displays
Acer HN274H 3D Vision-ready LCD Monitor

Screen Resolution
1920x1080p

Hard Drives

Crucial M4 CT256M4SSD2CCA 2.5" 256GB SATA III SSD
Western Digital Caviar Black WD2001FASS 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB
Western Digital Caviar Green WD20EARS 2TB 64MB

PSU

Antec High Current Pro HCP-1200 1200W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply

Case

COOLER MASTER HAF 922

Cooling

Cooler Master RR-B10-212P-G1 Hyper 212 Plus

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

05 Apr 2012   #2

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Please provide us with your Event Viewer administrative logs by following these steps:


Click Start Menu
Type eventvwr into Search programs and files (do not hit enter)
Right click eventvwr.exe and click Run as administrator
Expand Custom Views
Click Administrative Events
Right click Administrative Events
Save all Events in Custom View As...
Save them in a folder where you will remember which folder and save as Errors.evtx
Go to where you saved Errors.evtx
Right click Errors.evtx -> send to -> compressed (zipped) folder
Upload the .zip file here.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Apr 2012   #3
JMH

Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit. SP1.
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by polorsport View Post

I have run and run on an almost daily basis the following: All updated daily or when available.

Microsoft security essentials
Superantispyware
Malwarebytes
CCleaner
JV16 power tools 2011
Tuneup utilities 2012
Diskeeper 2012 (Just started using 2-3 days ago)

Comodo firewall

FYI.
The above two red entries...
Tuneup utilities 2012 & CCleaner may have indeed contributed to your problems.

Generic advice -
If you do not have knowledge of the registry, then you would probably be better off leaving it alone, and definitely not placing blind trust in a program to do the job for you.

To advise anyone that a "Registry Cleaner" works, and that it will fix or speed up their machine {or all the other nonsense that is often propagated about these things} can mislead people.

Should you decide to go ahead -
Make sure you have
1.a current System Restore point created.
2.a recent "Back up" of your computer- preferably to an external HD.



My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


06 Apr 2012   #4

windows 7 Pro x64
 
 

Thanks for the reply. Just found the update in my spam folder for some reason.

The errors zip is attached.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Please provide us with your Event Viewer administrative logs by following these steps:


Click Start Menu
Type eventvwr into Search programs and files (do not hit enter)
Right click eventvwr.exe and click Run as administrator
Expand Custom Views
Click Administrative Events
Right click Administrative Events
Save all Events in Custom View As...
Save them in a folder where you will remember which folder and save as Errors.evtx
Go to where you saved Errors.evtx
Right click Errors.evtx -> send to -> compressed (zipped) folder
Upload the .zip file here.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Apr 2012   #5

windows 7 Pro x64
 
 

Thanks for the tip. I actually ran them religiously because of the fact I spent so much on my pc and want to maintain it. Usually serious problems involve and hour and a half drive each way to microcenter and a big bill.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JMH View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by polorsport View Post

I have run and run on an almost daily basis the following: All updated daily or when available.

Microsoft security essentials
Superantispyware
Malwarebytes
CCleaner
JV16 power tools 2011
Tuneup utilities 2012
Diskeeper 2012 (Just started using 2-3 days ago)

Comodo firewall

FYI.
The above two red entries...
Tuneup utilities 2012 & CCleaner may have indeed contributed to your problems.

Generic advice -
If you do not have knowledge of the registry, then you would probably be better off leaving it alone, and definitely not placing blind trust in a program to do the job for you.

To advise anyone that a "Registry Cleaner" works, and that it will fix or speed up their machine {or all the other nonsense that is often propagated about these things} can mislead people.

Should you decide to go ahead -
Make sure you have
1.a current System Restore point created.
2.a recent "Back up" of your computer- preferably to an external HD.



My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Apr 2012   #6

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

In a word hard disk. Event viewer has literally hundreds of bad blocks and controller errors.

First thing, if you dont have a back up make one.

Then run chkdsk on all the HD's.


Disk Check



BTW the HD errors started appearing in January.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Apr 2012   #7

windows 7 Pro x64
 
 

I'm sorry if this sounds stupid. But, what should I make a backup of? Is it my c:, d:, or e:? Or are all my hard drives shot?

Both my d:, and e: where initially external hard drives that I opened from there external cases and made them into internal hard drives. Is that a mistake? Would you mind offering a suggestion for a good hard drive that is over 2tb? I already had one of my 2tb caviar blacks die on me in under a year. (It also was originally an external hd).

I will run the chkdsk shortly
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Apr 2012   #8

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Event viewer seems to be saying the below. You should run CHKDSK on them all just in case.

IDE port 7

HD1 DR1

You will have to translate to your specs yourself.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Apr 2012   #9

windows 7 Pro x64
 
 

Thanks a lot I'm running it now.

Any recommendation for a reliable hard drive at or above 2tb?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Apr 2012   #10

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by polorsport View Post
Thanks a lot I'm running it now.

Any recommendation for a reliable hard drive at or above 2tb?
I am probably the last person you want to ask for a HD recommend. I have had 5 go belly up in the last 18 months.

I would stay away from Maxtor, and seagate.

Run chkdsk first. It may just be the MBR.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Random freezes, and Program Crashes. No BSOD. Over 18 errors eventview




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Random freezes, and Program Crashes. No BSOD. Over 18 errors eventview
Thread Forum
Random BSOD's, random program crashes BSOD Help and Support
Laptop freezes, crashes, BSOD and reboots at random BSOD Help and Support
Random Stop Errors + Crashes BSOD Help and Support
BSoD random crashes + different errors BSOD Help and Support
Errors and every program crashes BSOD Help and Support
Random BLSC 0x50 New Computer, New Install; Random Program Crashes. BSOD Help and Support
Random Freezes, BSOD, other crashes BSOD Help and Support

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:10 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33