Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Big Time Error. Need some help here please!


25 Aug 2009   #1

Windows 7
 
 
Big Time Error. Need some help here please!

Hi there,

I have been getting random crashes every so often ever since i have installed windows 7. Turns out i can't figure it out so i figure i'd ask some experts on the matter here

Anyways, what happens is my screen completely freezes, and whatever sound was last played keeps looping. Now this is random as random gets. Sometimes it happens when i'm browsing the internet, gaming, installing things, whenever. Sometimes it will occur 2 or 3 times in an hour, other times once every 2 or 3 hours.

I went into my even viewer and pulled this out at the exact moment of my previous crash:

Critical Kernel-Power Event ID:41 Task Category (63)

The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

- System

- Provider


[ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power


[ Guid] {331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}



EventID 41


Version 2


Level 1


Task 63


Opcode 0


Keywords 0x8000000000000002

- TimeCreated


[ SystemTime] 2009-08-25T23:02:49.062500000Z



EventRecordID 1578


Correlation

- Execution


[ ProcessID] 4


[ ThreadID] 8



Channel System


Computer JoePinto-PC

- Security


[ UserID] S-1-5-18

- EventData

BugcheckCode 0

BugcheckParameter1 0x0

BugcheckParameter2 0x0

BugcheckParameter3 0x0

BugcheckParameter4 0x0

SleepInProgress false

PowerButtonTimestamp 0

Now forgive me, i don't know what any of this crap means, so i don't even know if it's relevant. But if anyone has a similar problem and has solved it or if anyone has any helpful suggestions please do not hesitate. Thank you kindly.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

25 Aug 2009   #2

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by NachoMan View Post
Hi there,

I have been getting random crashes every so often ever since i have installed windows 7. Turns out i can't figure it out so i figure i'd ask some experts on the matter here

Anyways, what happens is my screen completely freezes, and whatever sound was last played keeps looping. Now this is random as random gets. Sometimes it happens when i'm browsing the internet, gaming, installing things, whenever. Sometimes it will occur 2 or 3 times in an hour, other times once every 2 or 3 hours.

I went into my even viewer and pulled this out at the exact moment of my previous crash:

Critical Kernel-Power Event ID:41 Task Category (63)

The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

- System

- Provider


[ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power


[ Guid] {331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}



EventID 41


Version 2


Level 1


Task 63


Opcode 0


Keywords 0x8000000000000002

- TimeCreated


[ SystemTime] 2009-08-25T23:02:49.062500000Z



EventRecordID 1578


Correlation

- Execution


[ ProcessID] 4


[ ThreadID] 8



Channel System


Computer JoePinto-PC

- Security


[ UserID] S-1-5-18

- EventData

BugcheckCode 0

BugcheckParameter1 0x0

BugcheckParameter2 0x0

BugcheckParameter3 0x0

BugcheckParameter4 0x0

SleepInProgress false

PowerButtonTimestamp 0

Now forgive me, i don't know what any of this crap means, so i don't even know if it's relevant. But if anyone has a similar problem and has solved it or if anyone has any helpful suggestions please do not hesitate. Thank you kindly.
Hey Nacho

Two things. First we need you to fill out your system specs (lower left corner) so we know what hardware you have. Second If you had BSOD could you go into c:\windows\minidump and find the dump file (*.dmp) zip it and upload it to us so we can de-bug it.

You could also go into event viewer (type event viewer in search) and see if there are any errors in the app tab relating to this problem.

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Aug 2009   #3

Windows 7
 
 

Wonderful. I'll do that right now. Give me a few minutes.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


25 Aug 2009   #4

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by NachoMan View Post
Wonderful. I'll do that right now. Give me a few minutes.

take your time we offer 24x7 support.<g>

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Aug 2009   #5

Windows 7
 
 

Ok i already posted the event viewer info. The specs are updated. I couldn't quite find the minidump thing you were referring to. I apologize if i seem somewhat noobish. Let me know if you require any other information. Thanks.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Aug 2009   #6

Windows 7
 
 

Anyone?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Aug 2009   #7

Windows 7
 
 

http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
- <System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}" />

<EventID>41</EventID>

<Version>2</Version>

<Level>1</Level>

<Task>63</Task>

<Opcode>0</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x8000000000000002</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2009-08-26T01:25:28.250000000Z" />

<EventRecordID>2174</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />

<Channel>System</Channel>

<Computer>JoePinto-PC</Computer>

<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />

</System>


- <EventData>
<Data Name="BugcheckCode">0</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x0</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0x0</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0x0</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x0</Data>

<Data Name="SleepInProgress">false</Data>

<Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>

</EventData>


</Event>


This is the latest info i got from the latest crash. Seems to happen the most when i'm gaming, web browsing, watching video's, listening to music. The screen literally freezes and the sound just keeps looping and screeches like hell. Anyone able to shed some light on this before i uninstall this Windows 7 and revert back to XP lol? Thanks.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Aug 2009   #8

Windows 7
 
 

Still having this issue. Anyone?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Aug 2009   #9

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by NachoMan View Post
Ok i already posted the event viewer info. The specs are updated. I couldn't quite find the minidump thing you were referring to. I apologize if i seem somewhat noobish. Let me know if you require any other information. Thanks.
Nacho

If you had a blue screen of death it created a dmp file. It might not be where I said so if you try a search on your computer for *.dmp you should find it unlless you have it turned off

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Aug 2009   #10

64-bit Windows 8.1 Pro
 
 

My suggestion at this point is to reinstall. It would be an unfair assessment
of windows 7 to abandon it because of a faulty installation...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Big Time Error. Need some help here please!




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Big Time Error. Need some help here please!
Thread Forum
Solved Run-time error Software
New built computer bsod's time to time.stop error 0x000000a BSOD Help and Support
Run-time error 50003: Unexpected Error Installation & Setup
'Run-Time Error '9' Microsoft Office
Run-time error 0, Run-time error 440 automation erro BSOD Help and Support
How do I fix run-time error 13? BSOD Help and Support

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:44 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33