|11 Apr 2012||#1|
| || |
BSOD while trying to hibernate after installing Ad Aware 10 Free
First, computer specs: 5 yr old Acer Laptop, AMD Turion 1.6g, 100gb HD, 1lmost 1.5gb of memory, running Windows 7 Ultimate 32bt w/sp1. Also installed Ad Aware 9.
Computer running well, and would hibernate upon closing the lid, without issue. I saw that Ad Aware had released version 10 Free, so I uninstall v9, restart, then install v10 from Lavasoft website. Install goes well, but now when I close lid, computer will not hibernate, and after short time, will produce BSOD labeled "driver power state error", with stop: 0x0000009f. If I uninstall Ad Aware, hibernation resumes perfectly. Have not tried with other antivirus programs, but would consider another free version if one is recommended.
Attached is BSOD crash folder and perfmon report,
|My System Specs|
|11 Apr 2012||#2|
| || |
Ad-aware seems to be causing your pci.sys driver (video?) to timeout waiting for a reply (258 seconds).
From a strictly BSOD perspective Ad-ware (both versions) has issues with some systems. I would remove and replace with Microsoft Security Essentials at least to test.
Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows
Old drivers needing updating
sisnic.sys 7/6/2006 11:59:47 PM SISAGPX.sys 1/24/2007 3:01:26 AM AGRSM.sys 11/10/2008 10:56:37 AM RTKVAC.SYS 6/18/2009 3:36:37 PM bcmwl6.sys 7/7/2009 8:44:47 PM
- search Google for the name of the driver
- compare the Google results with what's installed on your system to figure out which device/program it belongs to
- visit the web site of the manufacturer of the hardware/program to get the latest drivers (DON'T use Windows Update or the Update driver function of Device Manager).
- if there are difficulties in locating them, post back with questions and someone will try and help you locate the appropriate program.
- - Driver manufacturer links are on this page: Drivers and Downloads
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: BSOD while trying to hibernate after installing Ad Aware 10 Free|
|Help installing windows to free space on harddrive||Installation & Setup|
|MSE and Ad-Aware||System Security|
|Lavasoft Ad-Aware Plus 8.2: FREE for 24-hours 5/27||Software|
|Ad-Aware Plus is available for FREE for 24h !||System Security|
|Installing free 7 upgrade to be shipped in October||Installation & Setup|