Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Windows 7 Computer Freezes Randomly

17 Apr 2012   #11
iMarioo

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
The one crash uploaded was driver verified and related to dtsoftbus01.sys. Make sure you turn verifier off because it can trigger false positive crashes.

It may not have been just daemon. One thing of note AVG. It is sometimes a contributing factor.
Ok? ill get rid of avg, which antivirus do you recommend, daemon tools is already gone anything else? it just froze then whilst i was playing LoL. On the bluescreen that occured it stated That my IO Manager is in debugging mode or something and that i should replace it with a working one. Thats what i think it said but im 100% sure it said that io manager was the problem.

*EDIT*

Dont know if this will help you, but here take whatever you can, all i need is this problem solved.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
17 Apr 2012   #12
JMH

Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit. SP1.
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by iMarioo View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
The one crash uploaded was driver verified and related to dtsoftbus01.sys. Make sure you turn verifier off because it can trigger false positive crashes.

It may not have been just daemon. One thing of note AVG. It is sometimes a contributing factor.

Ok? ill get rid of avg, which antivirus do you recommend,
daemon tools is already gone anything else? it just froze then whilst i was playing LoL. On the bluescreen that occured it stated That my IO Manager is in debugging mode or something and that i should replace it with a working one. Thats what i think it said but im 100% sure it said that io manager was the problem.

*EDIT*

Dont know if this will help you, but here take whatever you can, all i need is this problem solved.
Our recommendation is Microsoft Security Essentials.

Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Apr 2012   #13
iMarioo

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit
 
 

So Have you figured out what the problem is? Please help me fix this.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

18 Apr 2012   #14
JMH

Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit. SP1.
 
 

Have you followed all of the advice?

Submit any further DMPs for analysis.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Apr 2012   #15
iMarioo

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JMH View Post
Have you followed all of the advice?

Submit any further DMPs for analysis.
I have submitted the DMP file i got from the verifier test, which was the only one i got, ive submitted MSINFO32 logs, ive submitted event viewer logs i just dont know what else to do.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Apr 2012   #16
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by iMarioo View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JMH View Post
Have you followed all of the advice?

Submit any further DMPs for analysis.
I have submitted the DMP file i got from the verifier test, which was the only one i got, ive submitted MSINFO32 logs, ive submitted event viewer logs i just dont know what else to do.
We have gotten a total of one DMP file from you and it was related to dtsoftbus01.sys. Given that we dont have any further information we can but guess at the problem.

For that matter you havent even told us if you are still BSOD'ing.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Apr 2012   #17
iMarioo

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by iMarioo View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JMH View Post
Have you followed all of the advice?

Submit any further DMPs for analysis.
I have submitted the DMP file i got from the verifier test, which was the only one i got, ive submitted MSINFO32 logs, ive submitted event viewer logs i just dont know what else to do.
We have gotten a total of one DMP file from you and it was related to dtsoftbus01.sys. Given that we dont have any further information we can but guess at the problem.

For that matter you havent even told us if you are still BSOD'ing.
I dont BSOD, i never have i told you it just freezes and i have to hard restart, It never has once gone to BSOD
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Apr 2012   #18
JMH

Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit. SP1.
 
 

Re the freezes.
Some troubleshooting steps to try.

* Try in safe mode; report back if it works properly.
Getting into Windows Safe Mode

Start your computer in safe mode


*Clean boot. You may discover what is causing your problem.

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7


* Malwarebytes

Please download the free version of Malwarebytes.

Update it immediately.
Do a full system scan
Let us know the results at the end.
Malwarebytes : Download free malware, virus and spyware tools to get your computer back in shape!


* Did your computer come preloaded with Anti Virus Software?

If so what was it & how did you remove it?

*List all the Security software you have ever had installed & currently have now on your computer please.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Apr 2012   #19
iMarioo

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JMH View Post
Re the freezes.
Some troubleshooting steps to try.

* Try in safe mode; report back if it works properly.
Getting into Windows Safe Mode

Start your computer in safe mode


*Clean boot. You may discover what is causing your problem.

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7


* Malwarebytes

Please download the free version of Malwarebytes.

Update it immediately.
Do a full system scan
Let us know the results at the end.
Malwarebytes : Download free malware, virus and spyware tools to get your computer back in shape!


* Did your computer come preloaded with Anti Virus Software?

If so what was it & how did you remove it?

*List all the Security software you have ever had installed & currently have now on your computer please.
It works in safe mode, it even works in normal mode. Yes It came preloaded with mcafee i went into control panel-uninstall program to get rid of it. I currently have AVG Antivirus. The antiviruses i had are mcafee, Norton Antivirus and AVG.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Apr 2012   #20
JMH

Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit. SP1.
 
 

*Did you run a Full System Scan with Malwarebytes as requested?
Results?

* Re your past Anti Virus programs.
You may indeed have remnants of both McAfee & Norton still on your System that may be contributing to your current glitches / freezes.
Our recommendation is to use the appropriate Uninstall Tool to remove all traces of same.
Reboot after using each.

http://download.mcafee.com/products/...tches/MCPR.exe

http://us.norton.com/support/kb/web_...080710133834EN

* Run DiskCleanup
Disk Cleanup - Open and Use

* Repair Windows 7 System Files with System File Checker.{Option 2}
It may need to be run up to three times before successful.
SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

* Won't hurt to run CheckDisk so we can rule out corruption as much as possible.
How to Run Disk Check in Windows 7
Disk Check

* Have you SP1 installed?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Closed Thread

 Windows 7 Computer Freezes Randomly




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Computer Randomly Freezes
So for the past month or so my computer has been periodically freezing, sometimes half an hour after start up and other times it can be fine for a full day of use. The freezing leaves my computer in a fully unresponsive state (pressing caps locks on my keyboard does not light up the LED) and the...
General Discussion
Windows 7: Windows 7 Computer Freezes Randomly
Hello, Ive been searching for a problem thats bothered me for quiet a while and i just cant seem to fix it, My problem is that when im using my computer it will randomly freeze whether im watching youtube videos, browsing the net or just playing games (Starcraft 2, League of Legends) My music...
General Discussion
Computer freezes randomly
First time posting here...over the last couple of days my computer randomly freezes and i have to force reboot it happens at random...so i checked the event viewer and it said The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding,...
BSOD Help and Support
Hard drive light stays on and computer freezes randomly in windows 7
I am little bit worried about my harddrive. Previously I had 80 gb harddrive and then I upgraded it to 320 gb. I have dell latitude d630 laptop with two operating system. Windows 7 and XP. When I use Windows 7 then my computer specially hard drive light stays on and mouse is busy and I have to...
General Discussion
Hard drive light stays on and computer freezes randomly in windows 7
I am little bit worried about my harddrive. Previously I had 80 gb harddrive and then I upgraded it to 320 gb. I have dell latitude d630 laptop with two operating system. Windows 7 and XP. When I use Windows 7 then my computer specially hard drive light stays on and mouse is busy and I have to...
Hardware & Devices
Computer freezes randomly
Hey! I created this account and posted this thread because I've encountered a disturbing problem on my expensive gaming/school laptop that drastically affects my life. I am currently unable to work on assignments on my own computer or enjoy games because it freezes completely sporadically...
General Discussion


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:25.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App