|16 Apr 2012||#1|
Repairing a computer that shut downs with kernel problems after gaming
My current build is shutting down while playing games, and not restarting, and BSODs. I want to try and see if it is a hardware problem that I can fix this paycheck without taking it to the local computer repair shop that will cost an arm and a leg. attached is the error that shows in event viewer after I restarted my pc, and I did some looking and still not sure what I need to do. Do I need a new CPU? trying to not keep throwing money at it, already bought a new GPU and PSU for it, separate reasons. Any help will be awesome!
|My System Specs|
|16 Apr 2012||#2|
We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.
If you are overclocking STOP
We could also use some system information, which you can get easily by running msinfo32.
To do that go to start>run>type msinfo32>enter
When it is finished running go to file>save>name it and upload to us here.
You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.
To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.
* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.
To ensure minidumps are enabled:
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: Repairing a computer that shut downs with kernel problems after gaming|
|PC BSOD and Shut Downs even if computer tests show nothing||BSOD Help and Support|
|Kernel Processor Power causing computer to shut off||BSOD Help and Support|
|Kernel Processor Power causing computer to shut off||Windows Updates & Activation|
|BSOD problems - automatic shut downs||BSOD Help and Support|
|Kernel power 41 causes my computer to shut down and start again HELP||BSOD Help and Support|
|Error 41 Kernel-power random shut downs no Minidump||BSOD Help and Support|
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:38 AM.