|17 Apr 2012||#1|
BSOD after upgrading to Windows 7 Ultimate
About a week ago I updated my computer to Windows 7 Ultimate. Since then, 90% of the time, when I boot up the computer a black screen appears on my screen and no desktop shows up. I can't do anything like get to to a task manager but the computer works fine in safe mode. Strangely, if I leave the computer for a couple of hours the black screen disappears and everything works perfectly.
Any help with fixing this problem would be hugely appreciated. Thank you
|My System Specs|
|17 Apr 2012||#2|
Your thread heading says BSOD.
Your post mentions black screens.
IF you are having BSOD's we do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.
If you are overclocking STOP
We could also use some system information, which you can get easily by running msinfo32.
To do that go to start>run>type msinfo32>enter
When it is finished running go to file>save>name it and upload to us here.
You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.
To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.
* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: BSOD after upgrading to Windows 7 Ultimate|
|BSOD Upgrading Win 7 Home Premium to Win 7 Ultimate. Using USB.||Installation & Setup|
|BSOD after upgrading to Windows 7 Ultimate||Windows Updates & Activation|
|Upgrading to Windows Ultimate||General Discussion|
|Upgrading from Windows 7 Ultimate x86 to x64||Installation & Setup|
|upgrading to windows 7 ultimate - Problem||Installation & Setup|
|Upgrading from Windows ultimate 32bit to Ultimate 64bit||Installation & Setup|
|BSOD after upgrading laptop to windows 7 ultimate||BSOD Help and Support|
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:04 AM.