|19 Apr 2012||#1|
| || |
BSOD when laptop is put into sleep mode
I have a Dell Studio 17 laptop running Windows 7 Home premium 32 bit
It was an upgrade from Microsoft as an OEM product to replace the original Dell Vista OEM OS
The laptop is 3 years old.
Whenever the system is pout into sleep or hibernation, or when the lid id closed, it does not enter sleep mode, but crashed. On restarting the usual error message ststing that windows did not shut down correctly is displayed.
|My System Specs|
|19 Apr 2012||#2|
| || |
These were all related to a driver taking too long to respond. Best bet is that in your case it is Norton that is the culprit. Also of note, one crash was directly related to your VMNetSrv.sys
I would remove and replace Norton at least to test and update the below old drivers.
Symantec is a frequent cause of BSOD's. I would remove and replace it with Microsoft Security Essentials AT LEAST TO TEST
Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows
Norton 360 How to uninstall
pfc.sys 9/19/2003 7:45:46 PM dne2000.sys 1/24/2007 3:17:24 AM VMNetSrv.sys 1/24/2007 8:05:29 AM CVPNDRVA.sys 4/3/2007 8:17:07 PM rimsptsk.sys 7/29/2007 9:42:56 PM rixdptsk.sys 7/29/2007 10:54:01 PM itecir.sys 12/18/2007 5:12:11 AM dfmirage.sys 1/11/2008 5:03:51 PM rimmptsk.sys 2/15/2008 5:01:16 AM adfs.SYS 8/14/2008 10:57:15 AM OA001Ufd.sys 3/6/2009 3:30:08 AM OA001Vid.sys 3/8/2009 8:57:13 PM bcmwl6.sys 3/26/2009 8:58:48 PM vmm.sys 5/15/2009 8:27:51 AM stwrt.sys 6/29/2009 1:51:26 PM IntcHdmi.sys 7/10/2009 9:44:50 AM
How To Find Drivers:
- search Google for the name of the driver
- compare the Google results with what's installed on your system to figure out which device/program it belongs to
- visit the web site of the manufacturer of the hardware/program to get the latest drivers (DON'T use Windows Update or the Update driver function of Device Manager).
- if there are difficulties in locating them, post back with questions and someone will try and help you locate the appropriate program.
- - The most common drivers are listed on this page: Driver Reference Driver Reference Table
- - Driver manufacturer links are on this page: Drivers and Downloads
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: BSOD when laptop is put into sleep mode|
|BSOD leaving laptop on, or using Sleep Mode||BSOD Help and Support|
|my laptop gets BSOD during sleep mode 1000009f||BSOD Help and Support|
|BSOD my laptop turns off when it wakes up from sleep mode.||BSOD Help and Support|
|BSOD when entering Sleep Mode on laptop, Windows 7 HP-32||BSOD Help and Support|
|BSOD when Laptop attempts to go into sleep mode, error 0x0000009F||BSOD Help and Support|
|Laptop BSOD when opening lid after sleep mode Error 0x0000009f||BSOD Help and Support|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:20 AM.