|20 Apr 2012||#4|
| || |
Following on from the above good advice...
* Please download the free version of Malwarebytes.
Update it immediately.
Do a full system scan
Let us know the results at the end.
Malwarebytes : Download free malware, virus and spyware tools to get your computer back in shape!
* Run SFC Option 2.
You might need to run it up to 3 times.
SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker
How to use the System File Checker tool to troubleshoot missing or corrupted system files on Windows Vista or on Windows 7
* List all of your current Security Software installed.
* Start > Control Panel > In the search box type "Troubleshooting" > System Security > Fix problems with Windows Update.
* Start > type services.msc > enter > from the list of items double click Windows Update Service > Change the startup type to Automatic > click the Start button to start service > click Apply and then click ok.
* Reset Windows Update Components.
How do I reset Windows Update components?
*Or you can...
Start a free Windows Update support incident email request:
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: Windows update|
|Windows 7 - Update KB976932 and KB982526 update failure- error 800b100||Windows Updates & Activation|
|Windows update error 9C48, Internet Explorer update.||Windows Updates & Activation|
|Unable to install Windows Update: Update Kernel-mode driver framework||Windows Updates & Activation|
|Windows Update fails in Update Check. Error code C80003FA.||Windows Updates & Activation|
|Windows Update problems(Windows Update cannot crrently check for...)||Windows Updates & Activation|
|Should I trust Intel's Driver Update utility or Windows Update?||Drivers|
|Windows Update INCLUDES Motherboard Drivers and BIOS Update on M2A-VM?||Drivers|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:26 PM.