Oh, jeez. Glad it was good though!
Yeah, those were the most recent drivers
I could find. I've switched back to IDE mode anyway, though (I stopped getting the AHCI controller errors after updating the driver
, but I did originally switch from IDE to AHCI before the BSODs started). The Intel Management Interface should've been removed when I installed the new driver set - it was replaced with Intel Rapid Storage Technology software, which does much the same job but much better. If it's still sitting there, it shouldn't be... I'll look into that.
You know what? Screw it, I'll try AHCI again for the sake of consistency.
I didn't manage to update the audio drivers; I had no idea which drivers to update them to. However, I've just found out which particular onboard sound chip my mobo uses so I'm installing the 2010 driver now.
By the way, I did run Seatools on every drive; I only have 2 installed now though. The third one was an extremely slow PATA drive which I figured was probably doing more damage (heat, case space) than it was worth. Also, not using it means I can switch off the IDE controller in the BIOS and avoid having to wait a few extra seconds on boot while the system looks for PATA drives.
Thanks for your continued patience and help on this.
EDIT: Right! I'm now up to a 2011 Intel AHCI driver (with RST), 2010 VIA audio, and 2011 Realtek ethernet (had to do rather a lot of hunting; found the right one listed for use with a different ASUS board). Driver Verifier is on. Let's see what happens now.