|02 May 2012||#1|
| || |
BSOD while trying to download star wars
I have been trying for 3 days now to download patches from star wars the old republic and my computer keeps on crashing before the download is complete i have also had this crash while playing battle field 3 but it only happens after a while of playing. Also my computer crashes when i am not there i will come home to the log in screen any help would be great thanks
|My System Specs|
|02 May 2012||#2|
| || |
We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.
If you are overclocking STOP
You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.
To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.
* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.
To ensure minidumps are enabled:
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: BSOD while trying to download star wars|
|BSOD when launching Star Wars: The Old Republic||BSOD Help and Support|
|Frequent BSOD playing Star Wars:The Old Republic||BSOD Help and Support|
|BSOD playing League of Legends and Star Wars the Old Republic||BSOD Help and Support|
|BSOD playing Star Wars: The Old Republic||BSOD Help and Support|
|BSOD while playing Star Wars, dxgmms1.sys (BCCode: 3b)||BSOD Help and Support|
|BSoD playing Star Wars the Old republic||BSOD Help and Support|
|Poll - Star Wars or Star Trek?||Chillout Room|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:43 PM.