Quote: Originally Posted by Ichimaru
I've zipped up 4 DMP files, hopefully this time it shows the correct information. I followed the DV guide step-by-step. My computer didn't let me boot into windows I had to System Restore, I kept tapping f8 for more options but all that came up was my MOBO options for booting into my HDD or optical. I chose to System Restore, and forced the crash like I said in my last post. I then turned off DV by deleting existing settings, I then zipped up 4 DMP files and these include 3 from yesterday and 1 from the one I did just now.
Thanks for your time.
It does indeed "appear" to blame the video driver
each time, but it has two different error codes meaning either the video driver crashed in 2 different ways, or something else is making the video driver crash.
Unfortunately verifier doesnt seem to be enabled on all 4 of these. Can you type erifier /query and note if it says it is verifying the nvidia drivers
It should not return "no drivers are being verified".
Other things that can be causing/contributing
Please remove any CD visualization programs such as Daemon Tools and Alcohol 120%.
They use a driver, found in your dmp, called sptd.sys, that is notorious for causing BSODs.
Use this SPTD uninstaller DuplexSecure - Downloads DuplexSecure - FAQ
when you're done you can use this Freeware:
MagicISO Virtual CD/DVD-ROM (MagicDisc) in its place Using MagicISO to create ISO image files 2-Old drivers
wacommousefilter.sys 2/16/2007 2:12:17 PM
netr28ux.sys 8/15/2007 10:50:03 AM
How To Find Drivers:
- search Google for the name of the driver
- compare the Google results with what's installed on your system to figure out which device/program it belongs to
- visit the web site of the manufacturer of the hardware/program to get the latest drivers (DON'T use Windows Update or the Update driver function of Device Manager).
- if there are difficulties in locating them, post back with questions and someone will try and help you locate the appropriate program.
- - The most common drivers are listed on this page: Driver Reference Driver Reference Driver Reference Table