|03 May 2012||#1|
| || |
mouse freezes for 20 sec and sometimes crashes computer
I have an HP desktop x64, win 7 32 i just did a factory restore 2 day ago but, I still have 1 of the problems I had before; the mouse on my computer will freeze for like 20 sec and sometimes causing the system to crash. Yesterday, it shut down on me and a blue screen popped up it said something about the drivers or bios but, I checked the maintenance and it said everything passed (good). Please can someone Help me fix this problem.
|My System Specs|
|04 May 2012||#2|
| || |
You say you have had a Bluescreen....
We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.
If you are overclocking STOP.
You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.
To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.
* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: mouse freezes for 20 sec and sometimes crashes computer|
|Computer freezes, pixelated/scrambled mouse||General Discussion|
|Computer freezes (mouse works for a while before it shuts itself off)||BSOD Help and Support|
|Computer freezes frequently, closing all inputs (mic, mouse, keyboard)||General Discussion|
|computer crashes, freezes, have blue screen of death......help!||BSOD Help and Support|
|Computer Freezes w/ mouse movement||BSOD Help and Support|
|Computer freezes on hibernate and crashes when waking.||BSOD Help and Support|
|Random mouse freezes, sound loops, driver crashes||BSOD Help and Support|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:19 AM.