|06 May 2012||#1|
When im playing a game on the computer and tab out to watch a youtube video or any other video i get a comp crash.
Screen wents black and i have to restart.
From the program "WhoChrashed" i get the following message:
"crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: Unknown ()
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF80002C98616)
Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: Unknown .
Google query: Unknown IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"
This is a bit annoying.
PLEASE help me with this issue.
|My System Specs|
|06 May 2012||#2|
We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.
If you are overclocking STOP
You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.
To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.
* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.
To ensure minidumps are enabled:
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: computer chrash|
|Computer suddenly froze, then a BSOD when restarting the computer.||BSOD Help and Support|
|Dell Computer PC will not load Windows install CD from computer crash||BSOD Help and Support|
|How to store a computer system image file on another computer||Backup and Restore|
|BSOD chrash||BSOD Help and Support|
|computer looping sound automatic restart computer||BSOD Help and Support|
|computer literate person watching a newbie at work on the computer||Chillout Room|
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:02.