Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: BSOD random crashes error 0x0000050


09 May 2012   #1

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 7600 Multiprocessor Free
 
 
BSOD random crashes error 0x0000050

It crashed at random times with the 0x0000050. Sometimes the screen also just goes black and i can't do anything. Also the screen just started to go black when i especialy play World of Warcraft.

Can you nice guys help me?

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

09 May 2012   #2

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Related to ATI Technologies Inc. Tray Tool - allows quick access to ATI graphics card settings. Note: Located in \%Program Files%\Radeon Omega Drivers\Version No.\ATI Tray Tools\.

I would remove it
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 May 2012   #3

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 7600 Multiprocessor Free
 
 

Allright, i did that and there is no BSOD. But the screen still goes black after a few minutes in WOW. And there is no dumpfile when it happens. There have been no problems before, and suddently it just came. I don't have the latest graphic driver because it goes BSOD crasy when i update.

Do you have any ideas of what to do? And thanks for the help so far!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


09 May 2012   #4

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mark88da View Post
Allright, i did that and there is no BSOD. But the screen still goes black after a few minutes in WOW. And there is no dumpfile when it happens. There have been no problems before, and suddently it just came. I don't have the latest graphic driver because it goes BSOD crasy when i update.

Do you have any ideas of what to do? And thanks for the help so far!
If it just started when you updated the video driver I would roll it back to the one before if that was stable.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 May 2012   #5

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 7600 Multiprocessor Free
 
 

Well, it startet before i tried to update the update the driver. It's between rolled back. It just startet out of nowhere. I did not install any programs or anything. I have used google and i think it there could be something wrong with the graphic card. Do you know any programs that could test it?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 May 2012   #6

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mark88da View Post
Well, it startet before i tried to update the update the driver. It's between rolled back. It just startet out of nowhere. I did not install any programs or anything. I have used google and i think it there could be something wrong with the graphic card. Do you know any programs that could test it?
Try this free video stress test: FurMark: VGA Stress Test, Graphics Card and GPU Stability Test, Burn-in Test, OpenGL Benchmark and GPU Temperature | oZone3D.Net
Quote:
FurMark Setup:
- If you have more than one GPU, select Multi-GPU during setup
- In the Run mode box, select "Stability Test" and "Log GPU Temperature"
Click "Go" to start the test
- Run the test until the GPU temperature maxes out - or until you start having problems (whichever comes first).
- Click "Quit" to exit
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 May 2012   #7

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 7600 Multiprocessor Free
 
 

Well before you answered i got a program called MSI Afterburner, that can control the GPU fan. I set the fan speed at max while i played WoW and it worked. It must have been an overheating problem, but i never had that problem, so why did it come out of nowhere? I'm gonna call the company and try to hear if they can give me a new one maybe. But thanks alot zigzag3143!

PS: The temperature came up to 86 Celcius.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 May 2012   #8

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 7600 Multiprocessor Free
 
 

It was not the temperature. When i was on youtube then it crashed again... It must be something else.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 May 2012   #9

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

The only thing the crashes are pointing to is ATI but if you've already done full driver uninstall and reinstall then you'll have to do some of the usual BSOD basics such as memory test, chkdsk /r , sfc /scannow. If you need help on how to do these let us know.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 May 2012   #10

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mark88da View Post
Well before you answered i got a program called MSI Afterburner, that can control the GPU fan. I set the fan speed at max while i played WoW and it worked. It must have been an overheating problem, but i never had that problem, so why did it come out of nowhere? I'm gonna call the company and try to hear if they can give me a new one maybe. But thanks alot zigzag3143!

PS: The temperature came up to 86 Celcius.
FYI MSI afterburner is a known cause of BSOD's especially in the earlier versions.

Good luck
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BSOD random crashes error 0x0000050




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: BSOD random crashes error 0x0000050
Thread Forum
Solved Random BSOD, 3 crashes, error 0x000000d1, 0x0000000a, and 0x0000003b BSOD Help and Support
Solved BSOD Random Crashes error keyword 0x8000000000000002 BSOD Help and Support
Solved BSOD - Random Crashes, error 0x0000003b BSOD Help and Support
Solved BSOD random crashes, ntoskrnl.exe error BSOD Help and Support
BSOD Error 0x000000d1 & 0x0000003B -Crashes Random BSOD Help and Support
Random BSOD crashes...error code 0x0000009f BSOD Help and Support
Need help with random BSOD crashes, error 0x0000009f BSOD Help and Support

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:56 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33