|09 May 2012||#1|
| || |
Screen has turned blue 3 times within 1 month
Hi... my screen has turned blue several times during the past 30 days. I run a heavy music program called Reason 6, but I wasn't running it at anytime when the semi-crashes happened. I was just performing basic operations such as browsing and multi tasking. My Acer i5-480M laptop is only 1.5 years old.
|My System Specs|
|09 May 2012||#2|
| || |
We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.
If you are overclocking STOP.
You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.
To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.
* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: Screen has turned blue 3 times within 1 month|
|Blue screen errors - About 3-4 times a day||BSOD Help and Support|
|Memory Management Blue Screen, Several Times a Day||BSOD Help and Support|
|New laptop less than a month old blue screen errors: BCCode: d1.||BSOD Help and Support|
|Fatal blue screen 1-3 times a day||BSOD Help and Support|
|windows 7 crash!!! :(! Blue screen 5 times a day||BSOD Help and Support|
|Blue Screen death odd times||BSOD Help and Support|
|getting blue screen frequentlty dailly almost 10-15 times||BSOD Help and Support|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:22 PM.