Verifier enabled crash indicates dtsoftbus01.sys, a known problem with Verifier enabled Windows. To determine the true cause of your crashes using Verifier, you will need to remove Daemon Tools. If you need virtual cd/dvd software, there are some other options that do not cause Verifier enabled crashes:
I prefer TotalMounter
as my CD/DVD virtualization software as it allows me to burn images to a virtual CD/DVD if I just want an ISO file instead of a disc, and it is free.
Many use MagicISO - Convert BIN to ISO, Create, Edit, Burn, Extract ISO file, ISO/BIN converter/extractor/editor
as well, which is also free.
Also, if you intend to use Verifier, make sure it is configured properly:
- If you are overclocking any hardware, please stop.
- An underlying driver may be incompatible\conflicting with your system. Run Driver Verifier to find any issues. To run Driver Verifier, do the following:
a. Backup your system and user filesThe idea with Verifier is to cause the system to crash, so do the things you normally do that cause crashes. After you have a few crashes, upload the crash reports for us to take a look and try to find patterns.
b. Create a system restore point
c. If you do not have a Windows 7 DVD, Create a system repair disc
d. In Windows 7:
- Click the Start Menu
- Type verifier in Search programs and files (do not hit enter)
- Right click verifier and click Run as administrator
- Put a tick in Create custom settings (for code developers) and click next
- Put a tick in Select individual settings from a full list and click next
- Set up the individual settings as in the image and click next
- Put a tick in Select driver names from a list
- Put a tick next to all non-Microsoft drivers.
- Click Finish.
- Restart your computer.
If Windows cannot start in normal mode with driver verifier running, start in safe mode. If it cannot start in safe mode or normal mode, restore the system restore point using System Restore OPTION TWO.
Thanks to zigzag3143 for contributing to the Verifier steps.
If you are unable to start Windows with all drivers being verified or if the blue screen crashes fail to create .dmp files, run them in groups of 5 or 10 until you find a group that causes blue screen crashes and stores the blue screen .dmp files.
When you are ready to disable Verifier: Start Menu -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Right click Command Prompt -> Run as administrator -> Type the following command and then Enter:
verifier /reset-> Restart your computer.