|13 May 2012||#1|
BSOD Random Opening of Programs/Files
Read the BSOD Posting instructions; Hope it is all okay, If not please ask me to add more infomation. Thankyou.
Is Windows 7 . . .
- x86 (32-bit) or x64 ? 64
- the original installed OS on the system? Built it myself but yes; Its the first OS installed
- an OEM or full retail version? Full Retail
- What is the age of system (hardware)? Much varied but around a year to 2 years
- What is the age of OS installation (have you re-installed the OS?) 1-2 years
The BSOD has only happened twice but I'd rather be safe then sorry; The last BSOD happened just a few moments ago when I opened Google Chrome so I came straight here hoping for an answer to why it is happening. The one before happened around a month ago when I went to save a photo a friend sent me.
Below is the BSOD Tool files and the Perfmon Report.
Please take a look at them and tell me if you need any more infomation or anything else (Try and tell me how to get the infomation/files you need, Thankyou).
My system specs should be in my profile if you need them.
|My System Specs|
|13 May 2012||#2|
No DMPs included in upload try this method.
We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.
Please attach the DMP files to your next post not to post one.
If you are overclocking STOP
You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.
To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.
* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads|
random reads from 2TB External HDD when opening various programs
I have a 2TB external drive that is slow becaue it is 80% full of music, videos, pictures, and program installers, but I get random reads from it when opening Firefox, Google Chrome, Gimp, OpenOffice, and even opening pictures in the "my pictures" folder with Windows Photo Viewer will trigger...
Files Opening Split up in Mult Programs
This is happening to MANY of my files! I see a file, then click to open and lo and behold I see a list of strangely titled items that appear to be opened up in various programs -- programs like Dreamweaver and others that I never intended them to use. One example is I have a map I saved of a bike...
|Network & Sharing|
BSOD when opening random programs or games (Itunes, Xenoblade)
Three day old computer, started getting blue screen'd after I left it on overnight the first day. Now it's happened one time each day and I'm a bit worried I may have a hardware problem. Attached is the diagnostic file, thanks for the help in advanced!
|BSOD Help and Support|
Batch files not opening some programs
Ohai. It's been a while since I've been here. Didn't help that I'd forgotten my username and password. Anyway, recently I decided to start using batch files to open programs when I want to run several in one go, rather than running all of them at startup. Should save some time if I ever want to...
Opening files with pinned programs, and other tips
So recently I've seen that some people still use quicklaunch, which perplexes me a bit. I can't think of anything you can do with quicklaunch that you cannot do with the regular pinned icons via a keypress or two. Now I'm not criticizing anyone for continuing to use quicklaunch as it does make some...
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:34.