|13 May 2012||#1|
| || |
BSOD Random Opening of Programs/Files
Read the BSOD Posting instructions; Hope it is all okay, If not please ask me to add more infomation. Thankyou.
Is Windows 7 . . .
- x86 (32-bit) or x64 ? 64
- the original installed OS on the system? Built it myself but yes; Its the first OS installed
- an OEM or full retail version? Full Retail
- What is the age of system (hardware)? Much varied but around a year to 2 years
- What is the age of OS installation (have you re-installed the OS?) 1-2 years
The BSOD has only happened twice but I'd rather be safe then sorry; The last BSOD happened just a few moments ago when I opened Google Chrome so I came straight here hoping for an answer to why it is happening. The one before happened around a month ago when I went to save a photo a friend sent me.
Below is the BSOD Tool files and the Perfmon Report.
Please take a look at them and tell me if you need any more infomation or anything else (Try and tell me how to get the infomation/files you need, Thankyou).
My system specs should be in my profile if you need them.
|My System Specs|
|13 May 2012||#2|
| || |
No DMPs included in upload try this method.
We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.
Please attach the DMP files to your next post not to post one.
If you are overclocking STOP
You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.
To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.
* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: BSOD Random Opening of Programs/Files|
|Frequent BSOD opening various programs||BSOD Help and Support|
|BSOD when opening programs/win32k.sys ...||BSOD Help and Support|
|BSOD when opening random programs or games (Itunes, Xenoblade)||BSOD Help and Support|
|BSOD opening multiple programs||BSOD Help and Support|
|Batch files not opening some programs||General Discussion|
|Opening files with pinned programs, and other tips||General Discussion|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:13 AM.