Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Bsod cdd.dll

15 May 2012   #1

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit.
 
 
Bsod cdd.dll

So i just randomly blue screened for the first time on this computer and i have no idea what caused it. I'v been having this on going problem where my computer hangs/freezes and to fix it i have to replug both the SATA cable and the other cable into my HDD. This fixes my problem for about a week, then i will randomly freeze again but this is the first time iv had a BSOD and im not sure if these problems are related.

Prior to my blue screen i ran the windows memory test, which found no errors and schedueled my HDD to be checked and fixed for errors on boot which also found nothing so at this point im clueless as to why these things happend? The problem seems to only occur or get worse when my pc is lifted off the ground on my pc stand, for now i have it on my carpet which i know is bad because it collects dust and im not sure if that is rellevent but i thought i'd mention it.

I ran a system health check and the only failure was security centre tests, i also attached my bsod DMP




My specs are
Windows 7 premium 64 bit
8GB ram, 4x 2GB Kingstonm 2G-UGIMM
MOBO - ASUS P5N-D
GTX 260
Intel core 2 Duo E8500
HDD - WDC WD30 00FLGS-01F8U

If any more infomation is needed il post


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

15 May 2012   #2

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Memory corruption probably caused by asapci.sys yours is from 2005

Asacpi.sys

The pre 2009 version of this driver is a known BSOD cause.
Quote:
Please visit this link: Asus tek computer inc. -support- drivers and download p7p55d le

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P7P55D LE
ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Motherboards- ASUS P5K-VM

Scroll down to the utilities category, then scroll down to the "atk0110 driver for windowsxp/vista/windows 7 32&64-bit" (it's about the 12th item down).

Download and install it.

Go to c:\windows\system32\drivers to check and make sure that the asacpi.sys file is date stamped from 2009 or 2010 (not before).
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 May 2012   #3

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit.
 
 

Thank you for your quick response. That link you gave me is for a different motherboard to the one i have, is that still ok to download?

Also my current ASACPI.SYS file has these dates;

Created : 23 ‎April ‎2012, ‏‎18:56:48
Modified : 16 ‎July ‎2009, ‏‎11:38:40

Sorry for the extra questions, i just want to be sure before i install anything mobo related
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


15 May 2012   #4

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by RizzL View Post
Thank you for your quick response. That link you gave me is for a different motherboard to the one i have, is that still ok to download?

Also my current ASACPI.SYS file has these dates;

Created : 23 ‎April ‎2012, ‏‎18:56:48
Modified : 16 ‎July ‎2009, ‏‎11:38:40

Sorry for the extra questions, i just want to be sure before i install anything mobo related
Modified is correct. Anything newer than 2009 is fine
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 May 2012   #5

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit.
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by RizzL View Post
Thank you for your quick response. That link you gave me is for a different motherboard to the one i have, is that still ok to download?

Also my current ASACPI.SYS file has these dates;

Created : 23 ‎April ‎2012, ‏‎18:56:48
Modified : 16 ‎July ‎2009, ‏‎11:38:40

Sorry for the extra questions, i just want to be sure before i install anything mobo related
Modified is correct. Anything newer than 2009 is fine
Hey thanks but if your saying what i have currently is correct then it cannot be the ASACPI.SYS causing my problems surely? Since you suggested it was because the file was from 2005 but its from 2009. I didn't touch the file or the links you gave me since they are for a different motherboard to the one i have and i asked if it was ok to download them? Anyway if its not the asacpi.sys causing my errors, any ideas what is?

Thanks for you help so far
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 May 2012   #6

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by RizzL View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by RizzL View Post
Thank you for your quick response. That link you gave me is for a different motherboard to the one i have, is that still ok to download?

Also my current ASACPI.SYS file has these dates;

Created : 23 ‎April ‎2012, ‏‎18:56:48
Modified : 16 ‎July ‎2009, ‏‎11:38:40

Sorry for the extra questions, i just want to be sure before i install anything mobo related
Modified is correct. Anything newer than 2009 is fine

Hey thanks but if your saying what i have currently is correct then it cannot be the ASACPI.SYS causing my problems surely? Since you suggested it was because the file was from 2005 but its from 2009. I didn't touch the file or the links you gave me since they are for a different motherboard to the one i have and i asked if it was ok to download them? Anyway if its not the asacpi.sys causing my errors, any ideas what is?

Thanks for you help so far

The only DMP you have uploaded has asacpi.sys from 2005 (see picture) if you have updated since then I have no DMP to reflect it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 May 2012   #7

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit.
 
 

Hi, sorry i thought when i ran the bsod file system and collection app, that was the file i was meant to upload. I uploaded the Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2, is this of more use? sorry again.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 May 2012   #8

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by RizzL View Post
Hi, sorry i thought when i ran the bsod file system and collection app, that was the file i was meant to upload. I uploaded the Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2, is this of more use? sorry again.
Still memory corruption still have asacpi.sys 2005 installed.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 May 2012   #9

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit.
 
 

Thanks for your reply, are those drivers ok to use on my p5n-d motherboard? Also is it this what is causing this computer to freeze aswell as blue screen? Or is this just the cause of the bluescreen?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 May 2012   #10

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by RizzL View Post
Thanks for your reply, are those drivers ok to use on my p5n-d motherboard? Also is it this what is causing this computer to freeze aswell as blue screen? Or is this just the cause of the bluescreen?
As far as I know they all use the same, but check to make sure. No idea if the asacpi.sys is causing it but we cant find out until it is resolved.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Bsod cdd.dll




Thread Tools



Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:23 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33