Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: BSOD While playing Multiple Games

16 May 2012   #11
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kardius View Post
Not sure if anything changed... But I re-did the Dmp + perfmon.
How could anything change. These are the same DMPs I did from before.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
17 May 2012   #12
kardius

Windows 7 Ultimate X64
 
 

I thought so. Do i need to run verifier again?

No reports are getting dumped when i crash from games.

Edit:
Sorry, If I am coming off ungrateful or anything. I'm just confused as to what to do when no new dumps are being created from the crashes.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 May 2012   #13
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kardius View Post
I thought so. Do i need to run verifier again?

No reports are getting dumped when i crash from games.

Edit:
Sorry, If I am coming off ungrateful or anything. I'm just confused as to what to do when no new dumps are being created from the crashes.
No worries Kardius. We have all been there

Yes you do need to run verifier.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

17 May 2012   #14
kardius

Windows 7 Ultimate X64
 
 

Thanks for helping me out Zigzag. I appreciate the effort!

I'm at work at the moment, but when I get home I'll start up the process again and produce another 3 dmps. Should I run chkdsk and SFC Scans again? Or just go straight to Verifier?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 May 2012   #15
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kardius View Post
Thanks for helping me out Zigzag. I appreciate the effort!

I'm at work at the moment, but when I get home I'll start up the process again and produce another 3 dmps. Should I run chkdsk and SFC Scans again? Or just go straight to Verifier?
Chkdsk, and SFC are easier. then verifier if you have too
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 May 2012   #16
kardius

Windows 7 Ultimate X64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Chkdsk, and SFC are easier. then verifier if you have too
Before you posted this, I started up verifier.

I got a BSOD at start-up, right before log-on screen. Started computer back up normally after that, had no issue, and was able to boot up Diablo 3 and play it while verifier was running. When I got notification of your post I turned off verifier, and ran chkdsk (no errors) and sfc (No errors).

In the zip is the new .dmp, with the others (sorry, let me know if you want me to get rid of em.), and the perfmon for today.

I hate only providing one sample for ya to look at, but it didn't crash again at boot like it was yesterday. SO Progress is being made!

Do you think I should turn verifier back on and run my system with it on to see if I can get a game to crash? Me and some friends are planning a game night tonight, So i'm sure it'll happen at some point.

Thank you!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 May 2012   #17
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kardius View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Chkdsk, and SFC are easier. then verifier if you have too
Before you posted this, I started up verifier.

I got a BSOD at start-up, right before log-on screen. Started computer back up normally after that, had no issue, and was able to boot up Diablo 3 and play it while verifier was running. When I got notification of your post I turned off verifier, and ran chkdsk (no errors) and sfc (No errors).

In the zip is the new .dmp, with the others (sorry, let me know if you want me to get rid of em.), and the perfmon for today.

I hate only providing one sample for ya to look at, but it didn't crash again at boot like it was yesterday. SO Progress is being made!

Do you think I should turn verifier back on and run my system with it on to see if I can get a game to crash? Me and some friends are planning a game night tonight, So i'm sure it'll happen at some point.

Thank you!
Of the four crashes the first 3 were caused by Kern. The newest one was not run with verifier enabled so it is inconclusive. If you continue to crash my gut feeling says it is your Avast.

If so remove and replace with MSE.


Avast can be a contributing cause of BSOD'S . Please remove and replace with Microsoft Security Essentials AT LEAST TO TEST


http://files.avast.com/files/eng/aswclear5.exe

Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 May 2012   #18
kardius

Windows 7 Ultimate X64
 
 

OK. I'll drop Avast, never really liked it much anyways, and pick MSE back up. I was weary about MSE, cause I was getting an OOBE error or something another coming up in the event viewer. I know MSE and the OOBE are connected, so that was reason I uninstalled that to begin with.

AFTER I've done all that... Should I run the computer with verifier up for a night to see if I can get a crash while playing Diablo 3? I had two crashes last night with Diablo (Black screens, no dumps made ), BUT i made it the whole night through KF without an Error before that. So either progress is definitely being made, or I got extremely lucky.

I'm a bit confused about how verifier works in a sense. I know it's to help create a crash for blue screen, at least that's my understanding. But would it prevent my computer from black screen crashing, and force a blue screen instead to produce a dmp file?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 May 2012   #19
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kardius View Post
OK. I'll drop Avast, never really liked it much anyways, and pick MSE back up. I was weary about MSE, cause I was getting an OOBE error or something another coming up in the event viewer. I know MSE and the OOBE are connected, so that was reason I uninstalled that to begin with.

AFTER I've done all that... Should I run the computer with verifier up for a night to see if I can get a crash while playing Diablo 3? I had two crashes last night with Diablo (Black screens, no dumps made ), BUT i made it the whole night through KF without an Error before that. So either progress is definitely being made, or I got extremely lucky.

I'm a bit confused about how verifier works in a sense. I know it's to help create a crash for blue screen, at least that's my understanding. But would it prevent my computer from black screen crashing, and force a blue screen instead to produce a dmp file?
Good on Avast.

Run verifier and do whatever it is that tends to crash the machine. WHen it does crash upload the DMPS

Verifier catches (hopefully) a mis behaving driver and writes it to your page file for the next boot then from page file it writes the DMP.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 May 2012   #20
kardius

Windows 7 Ultimate X64
 
 

Uninstalled Avast, Loaded up MSE, and started up Verifier and started playing diablo 3.

What do I do if it crashes, verifier doesn't catch it, and no dmp is made? =X Cause that just happened. >.<
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BSOD While playing Multiple Games




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Multiple BSOD's while playing different games
Hello, I am getting a lot of BSOD's for a while now and I got quite desperate in finding the solution. A friend who knows more about this stuff then me had some suggestions, but he wasn't sure either. The BSOD's happens mostly when I am playing games, but not always. I updated drivers as much...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD while playing multiple games.
Thanks in advance for your assistance. While playing several games I have had random BSOD's over the past month. The graphics freeze up and I get BSOD. Unfortunately I have only been able to save two dump files. Thank you!!
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD playing games, multiple errors
I was playing Allods Online a few days ago when the BSOD started, since then it pops whenever I play any games both online and offline after 4-15 minutes. I downloaded and ran the FurMark temperature test with no problems. Any info on resolving will help. Here's the .zip I can do everything else...
BSOD Help and Support
Multiple BSOD's while playing different games
Hi, The problem started more than a year ago. The blue screen occurs mostly while playing games such as newest Tomb Rider, Skyrim. I tried lowering down the settings and updating graphic card drivers. Thank you in advance :)
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD after multiple changes, more prevalent while playing games
A while ago my USB ports came detached, and a few days ago my last one finally broke off. I called Dell Tech Support asking for a number, and the person on the phone insisted on using remote access to uninstall/reinstall/install drivers for me, despite the fact that the USB drive itself was...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD error when playing multiple games
Hello, my computer is recently crashing, I recently had some work done to it hardware wise and they had to do a fresh Windows 7 install because of all the hardware changes that Vista couldn't handle. They said if you do a lot of hardware changes, especially the motherboard you'd have to do a fresh...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:34.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App